Dr. Matthew A. Lublin

Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. Matthew A. Lublin has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Matthew A. Lublin
Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

27/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.0

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Matthew" to "Matthew A."

04/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "Santa Monica" to "Los Angeles"
RID: 2553916
07/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lublin was very nice and explained things carefully before surgery as well as afterward. I was very confident with his care before and after. He came in late on a Sunday to the ER to talk to me.
RID: 2215315
07/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lublin repaired an inguinal hernia for me. He assured me I would be able to return to my normal, high level of physical activity with no restrictions. I am very satisfied with the results and recommend Dr Lublin highly. Today, 46 days after the surgery, I was in the gym doing deadlifts. Of course, I am starting light, but still, I did 25 lifts with 140 pounds, and 3 partial lifts with 225 pounds. I do feel some tenderness in the area after doing this so I will wait a week before trying it again. I have walked an hour each day since day 3, as vigorously as possible, and I began stretching gently as soon as it felt ok. There is often some tenderness at various times. I can see and feel myself getting better each day. Very good results, thus far.  Respond
RID: 2215158
07/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lublin has a wonderful sense of humor and a very direct, genuine manner. He explained my procedure clearly and always felt I was in good hands. Unlike many specialists, his office is efficient, on time, and very friendly.
RID: 2150754
20/05/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lublin took out 1/2 of my thyroid. He was patient and answered all of my questions, he drew pictures when I didn't understand and he calmed me down because I was very nervous. He did an excellent job and the scare is so small that even now you can hardly see it. I would recommend him to anyone contemplating this surgery. I couldn't be more pleased.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1743967
14/03/12 5 5 5 5 My over all experience with Dr. Lublin as a Surgeon was spot on. He catered to my concerns, answered my questions, and was always polite. I felt that Dr. lublin did exactly what he felt was necessary as a doctor and by doing this he had my safety and comfort as his top most priority. I can tell you that I'm completely recovered and I now have a freedom in my life that I haven't been able to experience in a very longtime. Also, I no longer suffer from chronic pain and I'm 100% cure. Dr. Lublin haspermanently changed my life for the better and I thank him so very much for his time and dedication in helping me with my illness. I wish you all the best in your life.
RID: 1727639
02/03/12 5 5 5 5 I went to Dr. Lublin to have a lypoma removed from my back. He did a great job telling me my various options (general vs. local anesthesia). He was friendly and personable throughout the procedure, even talking with me during it to help me take my mind off the fact that he was cutting / pulling a weird lump of fat out of my back! He even was cool with letting my wife take a picture of the procedure in the middle of it, and letting us take a picture of the thing after he'd taken it out. He scheduled a follow-up visit, and was very prompt in seeing me when I showed up. Now that the bandage is off, I'm amazed at how small the incision he made was to take out such a large lypoma. The lypoma itself was probably about 2-2.5 inches across; the incision was about an inch. It's healed nicely, and I imagine the scar will not be very noticeable, if at all. I highly recommend him! *Note: the amount I paid was after I'd reached my $300 deductible, which I'd have had to pay anyway somewhere else.
RID: 1724388
28/02/12 5 5 5 5 Would highly recommend Dr. Lublin to anyone who is in need of corrective surgery for a hernia of any kind. I was given a prompt appointment, seen with a very short wait time, and diagnosed very quickly. Decided to schedule surgery to repair my hernia, everything commenced on schedule, and I was out of surgery in less than 1 hour. This was outpatient surgery, so I was home recovering for the next two days. I went back to work on light duty and have been back ever since. Dr. Lublin is an excellent surgeon who performed a very neat procedure on me, and if you are looking at hernia repair, you found the right surgeon.
RID: 1723809
27/02/12 5 5 5 5 I ended up in hospital with an abscess and Dr. Lublin was assigned to me. I was very happy with him and then chose to have him perform my surgery to remove my appendix. Would definitely recommend him to my friends
RID: 1722937
26/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lublin and his staff are corteous and highly professional. Easy to obtain and appointment and the wait time was always under 10 minutes. Dr. Lublin was attentive before and after surgery. He fully explained my surgeries and called me back within a couple of minutes when I had questions (very impressive). Excellent surgeon, no complications, and great care. I highly recommended Dr. Lublin.  Respond
RID: 1692856
20/01/12 5 5 5 5 A terrific doctor and a very fine person. I am happy to recommend him  Respond
RID: 1691819
19/01/12 5 5 5 5 I would highly recommend Dr. Lublin. His staff and office run very efficiently with short waiting times. He was very informative, and made me feel that he really cared about me before, during, and after my surgery. When I needed to speak to him after surgery, he called back within 5 minutes...very impressive. I felt very comfortable with him, and am very glad he was my surgeon. I would highly recommend him.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1685922
13/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Lublin was my surgeon for my first and only surgery. Not only did he do a great job but he was very comforting and knowledgeable. I’ve grown up around the medical industry and most doctors are not sociable but Dr Lublin even went as far as cracking jokes with me which helped to calm my nerves. After being released from the hospital, I had a question about my recovery and he returned my call within 5 mins. Im on the road to recovery and have had no complications and little to no scaring which we all know is important come swimsuit season! All in all he made my surgery the best it could be and I highly recommend him!
RID: 1682635
10/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lublin was very pleasant and knowledgeable. He knew what to do and arranged my surgery for the next week. Everyone involved was very nice and helpful and made me feel very good about it. Dr. Lublin even has a good sense of humor! I would definitely go to Dr. Lublin again if I needed surgery.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1678378
06/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lublin and his staff, from start to finish provided exceptional care. I am so grateful he was recommended to me. Besides Dr. Lublin being a highly skilled surgeon he provides a caring bedside manner. I never felt rushed during office visits. He always took the time to answer my questions regarding my hernia. I would highly recommend him as a surgeon.  Respond
RID: 1677242
05/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lublin is a rare, unique breed of surgeon. Most surgeons I have met in the past, either using their service directly or through close friends and family, have been lacking in bedside manner. Most surgeons I know can't wait to cut into you and explore. Dr. Lublin is not this type of surgeon. He was incredibly caring and concerned with every aspect of my diagnosis & even called the doctor who made the original diagnosis at home during my visit to double check on something before recommending surgery to treat my diagnosis. Dr. Lublin is a consummate professional and he makes himself available before, during and after surgery to care for you emotionally and physically. Dr. Lublin listened to everything I had to say and reassured me through the whole process. His staff are extremely friendly and a reflection of his demeanor. I am currently recovering very well from my surgery and feeling much better than before my surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lublin to everyone I know.
RID: 1652644
05/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lublin was the consummate professional. One year later, and the surgery was a complete success.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1494323
23/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lublin performed my Laproscopic Fundoplication in April, 2011. He was very thorough in his diagnosis, scheduling several diagnostic procedures (swallow test, endoscopy) to ensure that he had all the knowledge necessary to give me the best "wrap" during the fundoplication. He was very matter-of-fact when explaining the surgery beforehand, using diagrams and layman's terms to illustrate exactly what he would be doing and how the recovery would be. The surgery itself was flawless, and the recovery was speedy and pretty much painless. The procedure itself changed my life. I went from having terrible heartburn and regurgitation daily (and constantly taking antacids and PPI meds), to no heartburn and zero reflux/regurgitation and being completely off Tums and meds. If you are considering this procedure, I highly recommend Dr. Lublin as your surgeon.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1445359
19/05/11 5 5 5 5 Great surgeon - sweet, friendly and very professional. Did a great job on my gallbladder
RID: 1435732
08/05/11 5 5 5 5 Great doctor - great surgeon - he removed my gallbladder - recommend him without reservation
Paid (or co-pay): $40
Respond

24/04/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1408561
06/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lublin is my favorite doctor. Besides being an excellent surgeon, he is sweet, warm, and very friendly. If you have to have surgery, make sure you go to Dr. Lublin.  Respond
RID: 1202582
06/07/10 1 3 1 1 Dr. Lublin must have skipped class on the day they discussed the ducts of Luscha. He removed my gall bladder and neglected to deal with the extra ducts which left me with bile leaking into my system for a week. worst experience of my life. This required me to go back into surgery to have a stent put in and then more surgery to have it removed six weeks later. it was appaling.  Respond
RID: 748466

22/12/08 5 3 2 2 Although his office staff was great, I found Dr. Lublin himself to be rushed and flippant. His surgical skills seemed to be sloppy as well. Would not go back.
* - Rating left by a registered user