Rate Dr. Sam T. Donta

Dr. Sam T. Donta's Ratings

This man is the most knowledgeable & dedicated doctor I have ever known, and I'm a nurse - not his nurse - that works with many excellent docs. Dr. Donta literally saved my daughter's life. She'd gone undiagnosed from 4th grade thru 11th and saw many doctors, all of whom said she had something different, none of whom could help her feel better. Dr. Donta listened, accurately diagnosed, treated her effectively and quickly, followed her, and always entered the exam room knowing what was in her chart and in the journal she requires his patients to keep and send to him before appointments. He really listens AND he literally saved her life. She is now in total remission and is a college coach living. her dream. When we met him, she could no longer walk unassisted! Within weeks she was back to herself and running . . . Thank you, Dr. Donta; he has also successfully treated dozens of people we referred to him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2555003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

I was diagnosed with a non-specific rheumatoid condition in the mid 1970s that involved hot, swollen painful knees, headaches and shooting pains. In retrospect it was probably Lyme. In 2008, I had several deer tick bites, but was never diagnosed with Lyme. I tried for 3 years to persuade my primary care physician that I had Lyme disease that explained a number of symptoms for which I saw specialists and had a number of expensive tests. I changed health plans and my new PCP referred me to Dr. Donta who said the Lyme tests were inconclusive but made a clinical diagnosis. He put me on Biaxin and Plaquenil. After several weeks all of my bothersome Lyme-related symptoms cleared up. He also informed me that based on his experience he believes that any new symptoms that might appear would be unrelated to Lyme. Dr. Donta is knowledgeable, respects the patient and lacks the arrogance of so many physicians. I deeply appreciate that in a doctor. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2144781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2012

I can't thank Dr. Donta enough for helping my Dad who had suffered with Lyme disease for years. He could barely walk, he was weak and slept all the time. He would get confused and said every part of his body hurt. It took about 2 years of treatment with Dr. Donta, and I can say he is a new man!!!! I have referred numerous people to Dr. Donta. We live in northeast ct. Where Lyme disease seems to be an epidemic in this area. I hear the same thing over and over that the local Drs. Do not believe in long term antibiotic therapy. Dr. Donta has helped so many people. Don't get discouraged if they can't answer the phone, it's a small office. Leave a MSG. It is worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2144780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

I know of several people, including myself who have repeatedly tried to contact his office through fax, phone, and mail. He has not gotten back to one of us. This has been going on for over 6 months. I began to think he was no longer in practice. The one time I heard back from the secretary she was very rude. If you are going to be a Dr. and run a practice you need to RUN that practice. Ignoring people who are very sick is not the answer. People have wasted precious time for his office to get back to them. While they were waiting for a call that never came they could have been seeking treatment elsewhere. But instead months slip by and they don’t get the proper treatment. Though the office says they will get back to you, they don’t always. As with the case of myself and other s I know. If I had known they actually were Never going to get back to me, I would have started looking for another Dr.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2144779].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 1, 2010

If you have been to every other Doctor and didn't get better I would strongly recommend you make an appointment with Dr. Sam Donta. He is the best doctor I have ever met in my life. Dr. Donta is very understanding of any problems you are having and will listen to all you have to say!!! I myself have chronic or long term lyme disease. Some of us will never get completely healed but Dr. Donta will make ever effort possible to help you!!! Feel free to write back with any question you may have. Dr. Donta - Thank you for understanding this terrible disease. Roy

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2144778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

I was misdiagnosed with Lupus for 15 years until finally a doctor found it was chronic lymes. I had migraines, numbness in hands and feet, brain fog, extreme fatigue. My dr. gave me 30 days iv therapy. I was still very sick and was informed that my dr. doesn't believe in long term antibiotic therapy. I found Dr. Donta and it has been 22 months (this is my last month) of antibiotics. What a difference. Friends and family are noticing that my personality has come back, brain fog is gone, numbness in hands and feet - gone, fatigue is much less, migraines gone. Thank you Dr. Donta, you saved my life!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2144777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2009

Dr. Donta cured me. When other doctors flat out said that I didn't have Lyme disease and there was no such thing as chronic Lyme, he looked at my lab results and said it was a "no brainer". He's so nice also.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2144776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Dr. Donta is an angel. He is very knowledgeable, soft spoken and thorough. He gives you hope. He listens to you. He knows all the politics of the disease and how to get his patients better. Very few infectious disease docs treat with long term antibiotics (he uses plaquenil & biaxin or amox). I'm getting a little better each month. I saw him in Boston but he also is in Falmouth. THANK YOU SAM DONTA FOR BELIEVING US!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2144775].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

After years of being ignored Dr. Donta helped me in half an hour. I'm still trying to get rid of lyme, but someone finally diagnosed me properly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2144774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

In '94 I bulls-eyed and went to see Dr. Smith. He put me on 10 days of anti's...not the right length of time. I now have embedded Lyme despite going to over 7 doctors describing the hell I was going through: fevers, chills, nonstop fatigue, mind fog. I maintained a house, 3 children, dog, 3 cars I repaired myself, which I could do hands down prior to being infected. After I began falling asleep at work and while driving, diagnosis were: depression, MS, etc. and while in PT for yet another torn, pulled muscle, ligament, back, etc., Joe Carroll of Mashpee Rehab., hearing I'd fallen asleep upright in a metal chair in 2 min. referred me to Dr. Sam Donta as I sounded like his wife. Wary, I went expecting the same. He did some preliminary tests and I realized I had failed miserably. Diagnosis: classic Lyme and treatment began. It was like a miracle! I tried to rid it for over 2 1/2 yrs, but it's still with me. I can maintain. God bless you Dr. Donta and may you help many others misdiagnosed.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2144773].votes_count ]]