Rate Dr. Sam T. Donta

Dr. Sam T. Donta's Ratings

I was sick as a dog for 5 years. While my Lyme was discovered by a functional medicine facility in western MA, I immediately went to Dr. Donta for treatment. The guy has been a Godsend. He explained to me that antibiotic treatment will make a Lyme sufferer feel better but will not completely go away unless the pH in the cell walls is adjusted. For that, he put me on plaquenel and biaxin. In my case, I will likely be treated for 2 to 3 years. I could care less because I am starting to feel great. He doesn't fool around. My one and only visit was for ten minutes. Cost of visit was $25 with blue cross. I had spent $16,000 (Thats right - thousand) out of pocket in 2013 alone.........I highly recommend Dr. Donta.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2704165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

Hands down, best doctor I have ever been to. Dr. Donta changed my life back in February, 2002, after a series of misdiagnoses from numerous other physicians between 1994 and 2002 (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bacterial Pneumonia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, etc....). He took the time to really listen to what my symptoms were instead of dismissing me like the other physicians did. Since then, I got maried and have two wonderful children, which by the way, even though my treatment with Dr. Donta was finished, he still made himself available to answer any questions I had related to my pregnancies and the Lyme and was able to put my mind at ease. Dr. Donta is extremely knowledgeable, but at the same time is very down to earth and approachable. He is very encouraging and a breath of fresh air to patients who feel there is just nobody out there who will truly listen and understand what they have been through. There is no way possible for this doctor to understand the magnitude of what he has done for his patients through his knowledge, experience, skill and most importantly, kindness and a fresh look at the patient as a person and not just a thick medical record. I consider myself lucky that I was fortunate enough to hear about Dr. Donta and be under his care. It has made such a difference in my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2667749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

This man is the most knowledgeable & dedicated doctor I have ever known, and I'm a nurse - not his nurse - that works with many excellent docs. Dr. Donta literally saved my daughter's life. She'd gone undiagnosed from 4th grade thru 11th and saw many doctors, all of whom said she had something different, none of whom could help her feel better. Dr. Donta listened, accurately diagnosed, treated her effectively and quickly, followed her, and always entered the exam room knowing what was in her chart and in the journal she requires his patients to keep and send to him before appointments. He really listens AND he literally saved her life. She is now in total remission and is a college coach living. her dream. When we met him, she could no longer walk unassisted! Within weeks she was back to herself and running . . . Thank you, Dr. Donta; he has also successfully treated dozens of people we referred to him.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2555003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

I was diagnosed with a non-specific rheumatoid condition in the mid 1970s that involved hot, swollen painful knees, headaches and shooting pains. In retrospect it was probably Lyme. In 2008, I had several deer tick bites, but was never diagnosed with Lyme. I tried for 3 years to persuade my primary care physician that I had Lyme disease that explained a number of symptoms for which I saw specialists and had a number of expensive tests. I changed health plans and my new PCP referred me to Dr. Donta who said the Lyme tests were inconclusive but made a clinical diagnosis. He put me on Biaxin and Plaquenil. After several weeks all of my bothersome Lyme-related symptoms cleared up. He also informed me that based on his experience he believes that any new symptoms that might appear would be unrelated to Lyme. Dr. Donta is knowledgeable, respects the patient and lacks the arrogance of so many physicians. I deeply appreciate that in a doctor. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2144781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2012

I can't thank Dr. Donta enough for helping my Dad who had suffered with Lyme disease for years. He could barely walk, he was weak and slept all the time. He would get confused and said every part of his body hurt. It took about 2 years of treatment with Dr. Donta, and I can say he is a new man!!!! I have referred numerous people to Dr. Donta. We live in northeast ct. Where Lyme disease seems to be an epidemic in this area. I hear the same thing over and over that the local Drs. Do not believe in long term antibiotic therapy. Dr. Donta has helped so many people. Don't get discouraged if they can't answer the phone, it's a small office. Leave a MSG. It is worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2144780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

I know of several people, including myself who have repeatedly tried to contact his office through fax, phone, and mail. He has not gotten back to one of us. This has been going on for over 6 months. I began to think he was no longer in practice. The one time I heard back from the secretary she was very rude. If you are going to be a Dr. and run a practice you need to RUN that practice. Ignoring people who are very sick is not the answer. People have wasted precious time for his office to get back to them. While they were waiting for a call that never came they could have been seeking treatment elsewhere. But instead months slip by and they don’t get the proper treatment. Though the office says they will get back to you, they don’t always. As with the case of myself and other s I know. If I had known they actually were Never going to get back to me, I would have started looking for another Dr.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2144779].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 1, 2010

If you have been to every other Doctor and didn't get better I would strongly recommend you make an appointment with Dr. Sam Donta. He is the best doctor I have ever met in my life. Dr. Donta is very understanding of any problems you are having and will listen to all you have to say!!! I myself have chronic or long term lyme disease. Some of us will never get completely healed but Dr. Donta will make ever effort possible to help you!!! Feel free to write back with any question you may have. Dr. Donta - Thank you for understanding this terrible disease. Roy

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2144778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

I was misdiagnosed with Lupus for 15 years until finally a doctor found it was chronic lymes. I had migraines, numbness in hands and feet, brain fog, extreme fatigue. My dr. gave me 30 days iv therapy. I was still very sick and was informed that my dr. doesn't believe in long term antibiotic therapy. I found Dr. Donta and it has been 22 months (this is my last month) of antibiotics. What a difference. Friends and family are noticing that my personality has come back, brain fog is gone, numbness in hands and feet - gone, fatigue is much less, migraines gone. Thank you Dr. Donta, you saved my life!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2144777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2009

Dr. Donta cured me. When other doctors flat out said that I didn't have Lyme disease and there was no such thing as chronic Lyme, he looked at my lab results and said it was a "no brainer". He's so nice also.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2144776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Dr. Donta is an angel. He is very knowledgeable, soft spoken and thorough. He gives you hope. He listens to you. He knows all the politics of the disease and how to get his patients better. Very few infectious disease docs treat with long term antibiotics (he uses plaquenil & biaxin or amox). I'm getting a little better each month. I saw him in Boston but he also is in Falmouth. THANK YOU SAM DONTA FOR BELIEVING US!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2144775].votes_count ]]