Rate Dr. Wendy L. Barnes

Dr. Wendy L. Barnes's Ratings

Submitted Jan. 9, 2014 | flag

Very rude office staff to match a very rude doctor. I would not take my dog here (mostly because I would have to see them again).

Submitted Oct. 1, 2013 | flag

This physician has been ordering numerous blood works every 3months. I do not have any privious medical histories and neither my family. (I am not an old lady!!)Every time I see her, I feel threatened by her strong words, such as, "If you don't take medication, you are going to have a heartattack." "If you see Chiropractor, change doctor!" etc. I am currently trying to find a new M.D.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

All I can say is stay away from this doctor. One of her nurses literally covered my mouth when I mentioned that I went to urgent care. She will not refer you to specialists. Although I am a young, healthy individual she ordered me to see her every three months and had me take EKGs and echo cardiograms annually. I also got yelled at me for not seeing her for a year when I was away at college. My advice is to STAY away!

Submitted May 17, 2013 | flag

Submitted May 7, 2012 | flag

Worst Dr I have been to for a SSDI exam. She takes the words from the medical records that SSA have given to her and twist all the words around to make it sound like there is nothing wrong with you and that you are only trying to collect SSDI for the money. She is a player on words and and actually will add words to a report of things you never said. She lets her own personal beleives about those who are receiving SSDI or applying for SSDI get in her professional way of being a doctor. She only saw me for 5 minutes but was able to write up a 21 page report to the SSA on me saying that all I want is money when I never said such thing. She had me wait a hour before seeing me, sees me for 5 minutes in the exam room, leaves for 20 minutes, returns and says that we are done for the day. Yes, SSA does send medical records to her before hand to see your conditions. She must have read my mental records because she was even calling my own doctors liars in her report to SSA. Dont go to her!!!!!!

Submitted June 13, 2011 | flag

Awful! Don't waste your time with this doctor. She has chewed me out a couple of occasions and after 5 years (believe it or not!) I called it quits. She does not agree with second opinions, seeing other specialists (e.g. obgyn, allergist), and urgent care clinics. She repeatedly ordered unnecessary tests and ordered me to see her every three months. I am very healthy and have no previous or current health problems! Highly recommend you avoid this doctor. I should have seen the warning signs...she always had new nurses and was constantly ****ing about patients--with other patients in earshot!!

Submitted March 9, 2011 | flag

This doctor was rude and obnoxious. She yelled at me because I was having a reaction to medication and wasn't feeling well the day I was seen by her. She upset me and called me a cry baby when I broke down. Then she told me to get out!

Submitted June 1, 2010 | flag

My experience with Dr. Barnes is very positive. She is knowledgable and has accomodated me several times when I had no appointment. Her concern and throughness is why I am alive today. Yes, she can be blunt but it is best to know the facts. She does not tell you what you maybe want to hear or sugar coat issues. I know personally of one case where she told it like it was. This patient got angry and left. She found a doctor that told her what she wanted to hear and sugar coated eveything and now has major medical issue Dr. Barnes identified years before. I think she is the best doctor on the island!

Submitted June 10, 2009 | flag

As a patient of Dr.Barnes you are no more than a bank book deposit. I was told by her staff that one of the reasons she needed to see me so often was that she needed to get paid. Perhaps this is what drives her to continue because I find no love of people, patients or medicine from her. I can't imagine this can go on too much longer.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2009 | flag