Rate Dr. Melanie Young

Dr. Melanie Young's Ratings

Fantastic GP, very knowledgeable, caring and legitimately concerned about her patients. Never a long wait to see her. The administrative staff are clueless, and good luck trying to speak to someone at their office. But overall worth the hassle to see such a great doctor, they don't come along too often.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

Dr. Young seems to be a great doctor but the clinic is poorly managed. The receptionist seems rude and disorganized. They won't allow you to make a last minute appointment in the afternoon, instead they make you call the morning of. I have to physically go to the office because the phone line was consistently busy in the morning. When I arrived at the office there was a long line up of people literally competing with each other to get the illusive last minute appointment of the day. Corner Brook needs more nurse practitioners to better serve the consumers of health in this region. They can write prescriptions and make referrals for diagnostic testing. Newfoundland is one of the only provinces left where they cannot open their own practices and directly bill MCP. The only way they can operate is by becoming entrepreneurs or salary employees of a health authority. This is limiting people's choice and access to health care.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

i think dr young is fantastic but the clinic itself its horrible. no one answers the phone there and its take at least a month in advance
to get in to see the doctor.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2014 | flag

She great and our kids love her. Very nice and patient and always on time. Never waited more than 15 min. Would highly recommend her.

Submitted March 6, 2014 | flag

Does anyone know her phone number? I put in an application with her a couple months ago and I wanted to call her but forgot the number..

Submitted Feb. 12, 2014 | flag

Dr. Young is very thorough and concerned about her patients' well being. She makes referrals and appointments with specialists in specific fields of medicine. Our family already has received more attention in less than 1 year, than we have in 26 previous years. 1 example is my husband's long-term back pain and urinary tract problems. She referred him to Dr. Pasha, a urologist, and he performed a cystoscopy this morning. He discovered a 4cm kidney stone at the root of his problems. Some doctors only look at physical effects on patients, while there are serious psychological effects due to the unknown, undiagnosed problems that linger day after day, year after year. Dr. Young gets a 100% rating from us!

Submitted Nov. 28, 2013 | flag

Very nice!! Polite and fast, would definitely recommend to a friend.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag

Awesome doctor, extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Young is excellent. She is patient and listens to you without trying to push you out the door. She is very down-to-earth and acknowledges your emotions are connected to your health. My appointment was right on time and she made me feel very comfortable and reassured with my health concerns.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2013 | flag

Awesome doctor, I left my doctor in corner brook who was also good, I just loved Dr. Young and her willinessto helo and work with you on your health, this includes visits to a naturopath as well. Thumbs up, I highly recommend her as my children both see her as well now.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2013 | flag