Rate Dr. Joan R. Golub

Dr. Joan R. Golub's Ratings

The humiliation I experienced before and during my today's visit to Dr. Golub is beyond expressing. I'm patient here for about three years. My previous OB/GYN doctor whose patient I was for 15 years is retired so that is how I came to Dr. Golub. My experience there wasn't great but was tolerable up until today. The receptionist/office manager is very rude. She demands everything in a way like she is talking to prisoner in penitentiary. This office always demands co-pay up front before visit in cash or check. They are probably the only doctors office left in the US that do not accept credit cards. I had my usual amount of copay in cash however turned out that this time I had to pay $35 instead of usual $20 and so I didn't have enough cash and I don't carry checks with me. So I was told that Bank of America ATM is right around the corner. I obediently went because entire scene was deeply humiliating to me however I very rarely get cash thru ATM and realized that I forgot my PIN so I came back empty handed. The receptionist told me that I have to discuss this matter with doctor and when previous patient left she went in to the office to talk to Dr. Golub behind closed doors. When I was called into the Dr.Golub office first thing that she said to me was: "you know dear you might have problems with collection agency". I will never ever set my foot in that office again. I wanted to warn others to avoid this disastrous office.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

I am very dissatisfied with my experience at the office. I decided my one visit was enough because I did not like the very impolite and gruff manner of the office manager, the office was musty and smelly, and I felt uncomfortable with the bedside manner of the doctor. The doctor used slang terminology to describe things that you discuss during an ob/gyn visit, which I found bizarre and strange. I am paying seemingly endless bills from my one visit, and I don't even know the results of my tests (because I did not go in for the follow up, but this is still very frustrating), now up to $130 for one visit (and my insurance has paid almost $1000!!). I called to express my dissatisfaction with the doctor, and my hope to relieve this last final bill, but she did not offer to ameliorate my situation at all. This is why I'm here to let you know about it. I cannot believe that these other reviewers actually went to the same doctor and doctor's office. AVOID!!!!

Submitted Aug. 27, 2013 | flag

Dr. Golub takes her time with you. She listens, suggests tests, offers options for treatment and helps with decision making. She was wonderful when I had surgery; she has a kind, caring manner and treats you like you are a member of her family.She is very knowledgeable regarding current methods and I highly recommend her.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2013 | flag

I've never found a better, more compassionate GYN doctor. I've gone to her for almost 30 years!!

Submitted Oct. 20, 2012 | flag

she is an excellent doctor. she is very caring, she makes sure she does everything she can to help you. I had been looking for a doctor like her for a long time. I am so glad my friend recommended her to me.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2009 | flag

A rarity in physicians - extremely competent and very understanding and compassionate. She always makes time to talk and follows up on off hours.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2009 | flag

Dr. Golub is one of the most competent and professional doctors I have ever visited. That said, she is also one of the most caring and compassionate people, helping me through a very difficult time with her thoughtfulness. I would highly recommend Dr. Golub to any of my female family members or friends.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2006 | flag