Dr. Troy E. Rustad

Rate Dr. Troy E. Rustad

Dr. Troy E. Rustad's Ratings

Dr Troy Rustad has been very helpful and is willing to listen to your concerns. I have tried various acne treatments since I was in middle school but none seemed to work after a while. After seeing multiple doctors, I finally found one who has given me a treatment that has worked for more than a few months.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2014 | flag

We went to Troy Rustad for a second opinion on a spreading rash that would not go away (was over arms, legs, back, neck, stomach, etc). First he tried to give advice on respiratory allergies (even though he is not that kind of dr.). Then he stated that rash must be an allergy (to soap, detergent, etc.) as if it was a FACT, and said that the ONLY option was to stop all products, buy a full set of "allergy free" products, and come back to him. I tried to ask about the first opinion we received.He dismissed it as impossible/useless (again, as fact, not opinion). In the end, because I was suspicious (wondering if he somehow profits from the sale of the products he had on a pre-printed list for us), we followed the advice from our family doctor. (I.e., we used a stronger dose of oral steroids for a week). It worked. The rash has been gone more than a month. I'm so glad we didn't follow his advice or buy all the products he so strongly tried to persuade us that we HAD to have. Be forewarned.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2013 | flag

I went to Dr. Rustad with inflamed lips. I've got contact dermatitis on other parts of my body & figured I was, once again, having an allergic reaction. I had to wait almost 60 minutes on my first appointment & I was NOT happy about that. However, I have been back to the office four times since & haven't waited more than a couple of minutes. Dr. Rustad is VERY interested & knowledgeable when it comes to contact dermatitis. He first had me switch hair/skin care products to Vanicream (developed by dermatologists) for a couple of weeks but there was no improvement. The next step was to do a patch test on my back to find out what I was reacting to. He put 80 little squares on my back for 48 hours, then took them off but waited two more days to evaluate my skin. Turns out I'm allergic to two elements. I left the office with a printout of products that are SAFE for my skin! Dr. Rustad's office is the only one doing this type of patch testing. I'm pleased & looking forward to recovering!!

Submitted April 13, 2013 | flag

Rude,arrogant and basically worthless. Did not greet me or say goodbye. Did not look at me or my skin after sharing my concerns. Suggested 6 perscriptions while never even looking at my skin. Totally confused his staff and the only paper or follow up I left with was his list of "Spa" services which appears to be his main interest. I would not see him again and would definately not recommend him to anyone. It took several days and phone calls to get the information. He should not be paid by insurance companpies.

Submitted June 16, 2011 | flag

Dr. Rustad was not very personable. When he entered the room, he looked at the scar I was there to see him for and gave me 4 options, briefly described them, then left me to ask all of my questions to the nurse. I am seeking a second opinion if not just for the feeling that someone is paying attention to me and going through all of my options thoroughly with me. I would not recommend this doctor if you are looking for advice, schedule flexibility, or personability.

Submitted March 28, 2011 | flag

Unprofessional, horrible listener, spends half of my very short appointment with his hand on the door knob. Made me cry. Been seeing him for 8 months for routine acne treatment with little improvement.

Submitted March 25, 2011 | flag

I asked Dr. Rustad a pretty basic question about why birth control pills can sometimes improve acne symptoms for females. He didn't know the answer and had to look it up on his pda/blackberry while in the room with me. This frightened me a bit because I'm guessing he sees patients for acne on a daily basis and should understand how hormones can affected skin conditions.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2009 | flag

I made my appointment, drove about 30 miles to the office, filled out 4 pages of forms including one which said I would have to pay if I didn't show up for a visit . . . then, about 20 minutes past when I was supposed to be seen, was informed he wasn't showing up that day. He apparently had left a TEXT MESSAGE on the receptionist's phone . . . this was his way of notifying the office of his absence. If my car mechanic did this, I would be annoyed. This was a skin cancer-based appointment.

Submitted July 14, 2008 | flag

Went to him for almost a year- I had an obvious medical condition that he was unable to diagnose.Went to another dermatologist who diagnosed it in two minutes.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2007 | flag

I tried to get into see him but was not able to as he was running over an hour behind. My schedule is too tight for this kind of wait. As a result I had to leave and make another appointment which was annoying.

Submitted April 7, 2007 | flag