You may also like

Rate Dr. Troy E. Rustad

Dr. Troy E. Rustad's Ratings

Dr. Troy is an arrogant, rude, disrespectful man! When you have an appt with him, you'll see him for a few minutes and be charged a fortune! He blames his partner, Dr. Elliott for his own mistakes and lies about his credentials and all the places he practices! I've seen him disrespect his staff and father, yelling and threatening them... which is WRONG!! Don't see Troy, ASK FOR ELLIOTT!! Elliott is way nicer, quick to fill prescriptions and friendly! He has 40+ years of experience and I've loved having him as a dermatologist for several years!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2810272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Troy E. Rustad's response
We believe this review was not written by a patient, as we have no record of a patient with the author’s name. We are puzzled about its author and motives, and would like to address the many inaccuracies.

Dr. Troy Rustad prides himself on the ample time and thorough evaluation he devotes to each patient. Numerous other reviews on this site and elsewhere speak to the time spent, quality and manner of care delivered routinely by Dr. Troy Rustad.

All of our charges are determined automatically by our electronic medical record, based on what was actually done at each visit, according to strict national standards known as Current Procedural Terminology (CPT).

Importantly, Dr. Troy does not “lie about his credentials”, as the author claims. Dr. Troy Rustad’s credentials published by the practice are accurate and verifiable. Dr. Rustad’s credentials are routinely checked by the Department of Health and the hospitals and insurers with which Dr. Rustad is affiliated through a national database collected and verified by the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH).

We appreciate comments given by actual patients. We invite patients with concerns to contact our patient satisfaction representative at 402-420-0101.

Submitted May 20, 2015

I've been there 3 times he is almost an hour late every time. He comes in the room barely looks at you and is ready to leave. He is snippy, arrogant, and rude. He makes you wait an hour to be seen for 3 minutes. He doesn't like to talk or discuss and his personality is lacking a lot.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2614652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Dr.Rustaddid an awesome job taking care of my daughters molluscum. We went to another doctor who used Beetle Juice on the molluscum 6 times. This was painful and my daughter has multiple scars. We came to Rustad and he took care of them in two sessions, with a numbing agent. No pain! My daughter is happy to go to Dr. Rustad..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Dr Troy Rustad has been very helpful and is willing to listen to your concerns. I have tried various acne treatments since I was in middle school but none seemed to work after a while. After seeing multiple doctors, I finally found one who has given me a treatment that has worked for more than a few months.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

We went to Troy Rustad for a second opinion on a spreading rash that would not go away (was over arms, legs, back, neck, stomach, etc). First he tried to give advice on respiratory allergies (even though he is not that kind of dr.). Then he stated that rash must be an allergy (to soap, detergent, etc.) as if it was a FACT, and said that the ONLY option was to stop all products, buy a full set of "allergy free" products, and come back to him. I tried to ask about the first opinion we received.He dismissed it as impossible/useless (again, as fact, not opinion). In the end, because I was suspicious (wondering if he somehow profits from the sale of the products he had on a pre-printed list for us), we followed the advice from our family doctor. (I.e., we used a stronger dose of oral steroids for a week). It worked. The rash has been gone more than a month. I'm so glad we didn't follow his advice or buy all the products he so strongly tried to persuade us that we HAD to have. Be forewarned.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1931242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2013

I went to Dr. Rustad with inflamed lips. I've got contact dermatitis on other parts of my body & figured I was, once again, having an allergic reaction. I had to wait almost 60 minutes on my first appointment & I was NOT happy about that. However, I have been back to the office four times since & haven't waited more than a couple of minutes. Dr. Rustad is VERY interested & knowledgeable when it comes to contact dermatitis. He first had me switch hair/skin care products to Vanicream (developed by dermatologists) for a couple of weeks but there was no improvement. The next step was to do a patch test on my back to find out what I was reacting to. He put 80 little squares on my back for 48 hours, then took them off but waited two more days to evaluate my skin. Turns out I'm allergic to two elements. I left the office with a printout of products that are SAFE for my skin! Dr. Rustad's office is the only one doing this type of patch testing. I'm pleased & looking forward to recovering!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1931239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

Rude,arrogant and basically worthless. Did not greet me or say goodbye. Did not look at me or my skin after sharing my concerns. Suggested 6 perscriptions while never even looking at my skin. Totally confused his staff and the only paper or follow up I left with was his list of "Spa" services which appears to be his main interest. I would not see him again and would definately not recommend him to anyone. It took several days and phone calls to get the information. He should not be paid by insurance companpies.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1931238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Dr. Rustad was not very personable. When he entered the room, he looked at the scar I was there to see him for and gave me 4 options, briefly described them, then left me to ask all of my questions to the nurse. I am seeking a second opinion if not just for the feeling that someone is paying attention to me and going through all of my options thoroughly with me. I would not recommend this doctor if you are looking for advice, schedule flexibility, or personability.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1931237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Unprofessional, horrible listener, spends half of my very short appointment with his hand on the door knob. Made me cry. Been seeing him for 8 months for routine acne treatment with little improvement.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1931241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

I asked Dr. Rustad a pretty basic question about why birth control pills can sometimes improve acne symptoms for females. He didn't know the answer and had to look it up on his pda/blackberry while in the room with me. This frightened me a bit because I'm guessing he sees patients for acne on a daily basis and should understand how hormones can affected skin conditions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1931236].votes_count ]]