Dr. Alfred N. Khoury

Grad. Year: 1978

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 30/01/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 26 reviews. Dr. Alfred N. Khoury has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5507526
02/06/14 4 4 5 5 Dr. Khoury was incredible and I would recommend him to anyone. I had a high risk pregnancy and delivery. Unfortunately my baby came on the day he was not at the hospital (they practice out of Inova Fairfax only) but he came the next day to check on me. He was kind, patient and answered all my questions even when I asked them over and over. He made me feel at ease from my first meeting. I was given very scary news from another specialist I had to see about my fetus. He was extremely confident that this specialist was wrong and he was correct. He is by far my favorite doctor in the practice.
Respond

30/01/14 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Surgeon (general)" to "Gynecologist (OBGYN)"

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Alfred" to "Alfred N."
RID: 2388916
31/07/12 4 4 5 5 I started using perinatal associates after 2 loses and I couldn't be happier with the practice. I find it hard to believe that some women find Dr. Khoury to be cold and uncaring as I've requested him for my c section because of his manner. He puts me at ease and makes me laugh. He answers questions and listens. He never makes me feel rushed, he is always polite. I feel bad for those with poor experiences in the past but I have known nothing but care and kindness from Dr. Khoury and I am so grateful that I have him and the other dr's at this practice. The front desk girls, while nice, need to do a follow up coarse on hippa laws though or close their window.

RID: 1356895
07/02/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Khoury is the best of the best in High Risk Pregnancies. He is thorough and thoughtful, respected my opinions, and gave good answers to all questions asked. He made me part of my own team and save my life and that of my child with an emergency C-section after 8 weeks of bed rest in the High Risk ward...and let me tell you, I saw EVERYTHING that goes on in the High Risk Floor! I saw women refusing to eat decently, sending people out for high-sugar treats instead, women refusing to accept diagnoses, men being abusive, which the Dr. absolutely stopped. I saw his and his nurse's heartbreak after weeks of trying to save a pregnancy and their caring toward those who were willing to listen to experienced diagnosis. I have met women like these complainers on this list, and believe me, I saw them all over the high-rick ward, insisting that their treatment meet their wishes, not the needs of their own child. Trust Dr. Khoury and work with him: he is the BEST.
RID: 1343259
21/01/11 4 3 5 5 I have a history of severe HELLP syndrome, IUGR, and high blood pressure which cost me a stillbirth with another doctor who had great bedside manner. Dr. Khoury is a bit blunt, but I'm paying him to be my doctor, not to cuddle me. He knows his stuff and he got me to a successful delivery- unlike Dr. Hassan in Leesburg who is a jerk and also doesn't know his stuff. Dr. Khoury has lot of experience and I fully trust him fully on my third pregnancy which is going great. After trying for so long to get pregnant and finally getting pregnant with IVF, I won't trust anybody as much as him.You would be hard pressed to find OBs in the Fairfax area who don't know him and respect him. Simply put, he's the best.
RID: 1316005
16/12/10 2 3 1 1 Just when you think you have seen it all then comes this idiotic doctor. I am not sure how this guy became a doctor but I am beginning to question his credibility. Do not make the mistake of seeing this doctor you will either be left in tears...filled with hate or in a shock state. The only thing this guy cares about is showing of him self and how proud he is. As a female with a complicated pregnancy I would rather just hide in some corner then to ever consult with this guy again. Shame on him for treating patients the way he does. He does not deserve to be a doctor or be practicing with such fragile human beings.
RID: 1285598
03/11/10 2 5 5 5 I can see from the other comments that people either hate him or love him. I belong to the latter category. Dr. Khoury is AWESOME! He is competent, confident, and has a great sense of humor. The way he talks and answers questions gave me continued sense of comfort. I went to him after having lost my first baby in second trimester, and would not consider anyone else but him as my OB for any future pregnancies. His staff goofed a couple more than a couple of occasions on my appointment time (it was the same one person), but I can take that and more as long as I am under Dr. Khoury's care.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1203314
07/07/10 1 1 1 2 I saw Dr. Khoury while I was hospitalized for pre-eclampsia at 24 weeks. Without even a introduction he barged into my hospital room to tell me that I had to terminate my pregnacy. I am a nurse so naturally I had guestioned that he refused to answer quoting "my guestiones didn't warrent a answer my only option was to terminate". As a nurse I feel that no patients guestions are to small or unimportant enough to warrent a answer. As a healthcare provider we enter this field to provide the best care and education to every patient and Dr. Khoury clearly does not. Dr. Khoury was cold, uncaring and simply rude. I demanded that he leave my room and refused to see him again. To all mothers out there, save yourself the stress and heartbreak of having to deal with such a cold ruthless person during one of the most stressfull times of your life. There are better doctors out there.
RID: 1093551
30/01/10 4 4 1 2 Worst doctor ever! do your self and your baby a favor find a good doctor and stay away from this one! The biggest risk would be to consult with doctor!!!!
RID: 1060857
19/12/09 3 4 1 2 I had to meet with Dr Khoury under some critical circumstances due to the urgency of my pregnancy. Firstly the staff are nice at Fairfax hospital and the nurses are nice too. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for Dr Khoury. I found him to be of cold and rough nature. He lacks profession that a normal qualified doctor would hold. His nature of telling you bad news is cold and unsympathetic. He offered no alternatives and told me to go home and basically suffer until things naturally improved! I would definitely not recommend this doctor to any patient let alone a pregnant woman with complications who is already stressed! I managed to get a second opinion from another specialist and sure enough there were alternatives and I was not suffering as much as I was before. Dr Khoury I believe is too busy being a proud and ignorant doctor that he forgets he is dealing with humans and not animals or machines. I was pretty shocked to see a man with such qualifications behave in such a manner.
RID: 1031171
11/11/09 5 5 5 5 DR. Khoury is the best doctor around. He is not arrogant at all. In fact, he would carry my oldest daughter (who was 4 at the time) around his office. You can tell he truely enjoys children. I had cancer with my first pregnancy and he was the only doctor who put my mind and nerves at ease. I felt so safe in his care and confident that he would make all of the right decisions. He would hug us and tell us that we would be alright. I am also a nurse, so am familiar with other doctors and he is the best.
RID: 967307
19/08/09 2 3 1 1 Dogmatic Personality .. PERIOD. This man is 100% full of ego. We have been through recurrent miscarriages and expected compassionate care from a high risk OB. He had a high and dry attitude while delivering us the saddest news of our fetal demise in the second trimester. We had absolutely no right to ask any questions regarding why and what went wrong. When we went for a follow up he had absolutely no clue about our case and started misguiding us. We finally changed our high risk OB and thats one of the best decision we took. There are better doctors in DC area (although he thinks he is the best and only high risk OB in this area and hence this attitude). So please keep away from this practise and RUN!
RID: 964973
17/08/09 4 4 5 5 Best High risk doctor..period. I had an unexplained stillbirth and went to Dr. Khoury the second time I got pregnant. He was very proactive in my treatment. I had complete placenta previa, subchorionic hematoma, blood clotting disorder- you name it. I researched several doctors in the area and settled on Dr. Khoury after recommendations from friends, my regular ob and my IVF doctor (shady grove fertility). Dr Khoury was great and I don't think my 10 day old premie would be here without him. He personally performed my emergency C-section. He is a straight shooter and tells you like it is...but I like that. He also has a great sense of humor. Again, best high risk doctor in the area! He delivers only at Fairfax, which is three hospitals away from me (I am close to leesburg) but I still drove all the way there so that I could be seen by Dr. Khoury.
RID: 880731
07/05/09 4 4 3 3 I agree with the 12/17/08 poster.Initially he was ok and I thought he had better bed side manner than the rest of the doctors in his practice but at the end he was very rude and unprofessional. He made my delivery day very sad and stressful. I found Dr. Nice is the only doctor who was very attentive even though she was not warm but to me she was the best among them.  Respond
RID: 878478
05/05/09 1 4 1 2 As a woman experiencing a high risk pregnancy, I wanted a doctor who would take good care of me and my unborn baby. That doctor is not Dr. Khoury. After admitting that his office failed to treat one of my ailments properly, he told me that he was doing me a favor by taking on someone with a high risk pregnancy. But he's a high risk doctor!
RID: 820935
08/03/09 5 5 5 5 Best High Risk Dr. in the dc area. He is very caring, warm and knowledgable.Dr. Khoury has the best bed manners I'd seen. I also ended on bed rest at the hospital for 10 weeks... but it was worth every minute. The twins and I came home at the same time.
RID: 745775
17/12/08 1 1 1 2 It's his way or no way. You're not a partner in your own healthcare, so if you're an educated and proactive patient, you may have a problem with this doctor. I've also heard that about him from my regular doc, so he does seem to have that reputation, and my personal experience confirmed it. Very big ego. It's a minor issue, but his English may be hard to understand at times.
RID: 690882
25/09/08 5 5 5 5 He is amazing! I truly believe he helped save my life and my daughters. He listened to me and diagnosed my problem on the spot where no one else could figure out what is wrong. Though he put me on hospital bedrest for 11 weeks...I know he knew what he was doing and it was worth it. He has a great personality and is fun. He has a way of telling you serious information but making you feel like he really cares...I believe he does really care about his patients and their babies. I will see him next time I have another baby.
RID: 628861
02/07/08 4 3 5 5 Dr Khoury is very caring and warm. I feel very secure knowing I am in his hands and had a great experience with him with baby #1 and am going to have baby #2 induced by him this week. I wouldnt have it any other way.
RID: 461103
10/12/07 5 4 5 5 It was an honor to have this man as my doctor. He is very knowledgable and has a great sense of humor. He is confident in his abilities and a miracle worker. I feel like he is truly an angel here on earth.  Respond
RID: 457182
04/12/07 5 4 5 5 Loved Dr. Khoury. He delivered my daughter by c-section in 12/06...he did sew me up a bit too tight but he was trying to keep my muscles in good shape...in the office, he was great and was responsive and answered my questions appropriately. I totally trusted him and he put my mind at ease many times...he is very personable and really made me comfortable with him. Would definitely recommend him and use him again myself...
RID: 425807
08/10/07 5 4 5 5 THANK GOD FOR DR KHOURY! HE'S AWESOME. A BIT FULL OF HIMSELF (SMILE) BUT I CAN HANDLE THAT IN EXCHANGE FOR HIS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE. BESIDES, SOMEONE LIKE HIM CAN AFFORD TO BE LIKE THAT.  Respond
RID: 394546
29/08/07 5 5 5 5 as a nurse, i can say he's the best in the business...if you have a high risk pregnancy, you'll want him for your doc. very very good at what he does. and even is nice to the nurses in the staff. he has been known to go out of his way to help nurses out. so he's not fake! he;s not just nice to patients, he's nice to the nurses too!  Respond
RID: 230938

25/03/07 4 5 5 Dr. Khoury saved my twins' lives by doing a cerclage when no one else would. He is my hero!
RID: 164850
01/03/07 4 5 5 Dr. Khoury is the best High Risk dr in the area. He is very warm and sensitive. Best bed manners and knows how to deliver bad news in a way that you feel that he cares for you as it was his own family. He will give you as much time as you need.
RID: 145718
17/02/07 5 5 5 I loved Dr. Khoury. He's very warm, which is great in a high risk pregnancy. He always made me feel better, even when I had stupid questions, he always answered them.
RID: 47347
25/09/06 4 5 5 Dr. Khoury is very pleasant, talkative and informative (almost too much information!). He is adept at putting one's mind at ease during a stressful high-risk pregnancy. I enjoyed my visits with him and never felt rushed.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user