Rate Dr. Alfred N. Khoury

Dr. Alfred N. Khoury's Ratings

Dr. Khoury was incredible and I would recommend him to anyone. I had a high risk pregnancy and delivery. Unfortunately my baby came on the day he was not at the hospital (they practice out of Inova Fairfax only) but he came the next day to check on me. He was kind, patient and answered all my questions even when I asked them over and over. He made me feel at ease from my first meeting. I was given very scary news from another specialist I had to see about my fetus. He was extremely confident that this specialist was wrong and he was correct. He is by far my favorite doctor in the practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2457607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

I started using perinatal associates after 2 loses and I couldn't be happier with the practice. I find it hard to believe that some women find Dr. Khoury to be cold and uncaring as I've requested him for my c section because of his manner. He puts me at ease and makes me laugh. He answers questions and listens. He never makes me feel rushed, he is always polite. I feel bad for those with poor experiences in the past but I have known nothing but care and kindness from Dr. Khoury and I am so grateful that I have him and the other dr's at this practice. The front desk girls, while nice, need to do a follow up coarse on hippa laws though or close their window.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1932124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Dr. Khoury is the best of the best in High Risk Pregnancies. He is thorough and thoughtful, respected my opinions, and gave good answers to all questions asked. He made me part of my own team and save my life and that of my child with an emergency C-section after 8 weeks of bed rest in the High Risk ward...and let me tell you, I saw EVERYTHING that goes on in the High Risk Floor! I saw women refusing to eat decently, sending people out for high-sugar treats instead, women refusing to accept diagnoses, men being abusive, which the Dr. absolutely stopped. I saw his and his nurse's heartbreak after weeks of trying to save a pregnancy and their caring toward those who were willing to listen to experienced diagnosis. I have met women like these complainers on this list, and believe me, I saw them all over the high-rick ward, insisting that their treatment meet their wishes, not the needs of their own child. Trust Dr. Khoury and work with him: he is the BEST.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1932123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2011

I have a history of severe HELLP syndrome, IUGR, and high blood pressure which cost me a stillbirth with another doctor who had great bedside manner. Dr. Khoury is a bit blunt, but I'm paying him to be my doctor, not to cuddle me. He knows his stuff and he got me to a successful delivery- unlike Dr. Hassan in Leesburg who is a jerk and also doesn't know his stuff. Dr. Khoury has lot of experience and I fully trust him fully on my third pregnancy which is going great. After trying for so long to get pregnant and finally getting pregnant with IVF, I won't trust anybody as much as him.You would be hard pressed to find OBs in the Fairfax area who don't know him and respect him. Simply put, he's the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1932122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2011

Just when you think you have seen it all then comes this idiotic doctor. I am not sure how this guy became a doctor but I am beginning to question his credibility. Do not make the mistake of seeing this doctor you will either be left in tears...filled with hate or in a shock state. The only thing this guy cares about is showing of him self and how proud he is. As a female with a complicated pregnancy I would rather just hide in some corner then to ever consult with this guy again. Shame on him for treating patients the way he does. He does not deserve to be a doctor or be practicing with such fragile human beings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1932121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2010

I can see from the other comments that people either hate him or love him. I belong to the latter category. Dr. Khoury is AWESOME! He is competent, confident, and has a great sense of humor. The way he talks and answers questions gave me continued sense of comfort. I went to him after having lost my first baby in second trimester, and would not consider anyone else but him as my OB for any future pregnancies. His staff goofed a couple more than a couple of occasions on my appointment time (it was the same one person), but I can take that and more as long as I am under Dr. Khoury's care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1932120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2010

I saw Dr. Khoury while I was hospitalized for pre-eclampsia at 24 weeks. Without even a introduction he barged into my hospital room to tell me that I had to terminate my pregnacy. I am a nurse so naturally I had guestioned that he refused to answer quoting "my guestiones didn't warrent a answer my only option was to terminate". As a nurse I feel that no patients guestions are to small or unimportant enough to warrent a answer. As a healthcare provider we enter this field to provide the best care and education to every patient and Dr. Khoury clearly does not. Dr. Khoury was cold, uncaring and simply rude. I demanded that he leave my room and refused to see him again. To all mothers out there, save yourself the stress and heartbreak of having to deal with such a cold ruthless person during one of the most stressfull times of your life. There are better doctors out there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1932119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Worst doctor ever! do your self and your baby a favor find a good doctor and stay away from this one! The biggest risk would be to consult with doctor!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1932118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2010

I had to meet with Dr Khoury under some critical circumstances due to the urgency of my pregnancy. Firstly the staff are nice at Fairfax hospital and the nurses are nice too. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for Dr Khoury. I found him to be of cold and rough nature. He lacks profession that a normal qualified doctor would hold. His nature of telling you bad news is cold and unsympathetic. He offered no alternatives and told me to go home and basically suffer until things naturally improved! I would definitely not recommend this doctor to any patient let alone a pregnant woman with complications who is already stressed! I managed to get a second opinion from another specialist and sure enough there were alternatives and I was not suffering as much as I was before. Dr Khoury I believe is too busy being a proud and ignorant doctor that he forgets he is dealing with humans and not animals or machines. I was pretty shocked to see a man with such qualifications behave in such a manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1932117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2009

DR. Khoury is the best doctor around. He is not arrogant at all. In fact, he would carry my oldest daughter (who was 4 at the time) around his office. You can tell he truely enjoys children. I had cancer with my first pregnancy and he was the only doctor who put my mind and nerves at ease. I felt so safe in his care and confident that he would make all of the right decisions. He would hug us and tell us that we would be alright. I am also a nurse, so am familiar with other doctors and he is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1932116].votes_count ]]