Rate Dr. Robert W. Schuman

Dr. Robert W. Schuman's Ratings

I have GERD and I was making a search in the internet ..trying to find a good doctor ..when I found Dr Schuman... like many people here rated him as good doctor ..I thought wow ..finally I have found I good Dr... Well .... I was speaking to him and he was scratching some thing on the paper and briefly questions ... he asked me to bring my endoscopy test ... that I have made 3 years ago.... I asked him if the test is still valid since three years has be gone... and I believe many things may change from three years ago to actual time ... well he gave me some medicine, told me to came back in a month.... My consultation with him was around 20 min form the beginning to the end... well .. I think the experience is something individual ... My experience with this doctor wasn't good , maybe I got him in a wrong day .. who knows ..My first impression about him was: he was lack of interest about the patient, rushing and arrogant. As I said it was my experience

Submitted Feb. 10, 2014 | flag

recently went back to dr.schuman and have seen positive changes. there has been some staffing changes that make your experience positive. also now dr. is following up w/blood work & results in a more timely fashion. finally he's an expertise in his field.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2013 | flag

DR SCHUMAN HAS BEEN TAKING CARE OF MY FAMILY FOR CERTAIN ISSUES OVER THE YEARS. HE HELPED MY MOTHER WITH HER GALLBLADDER PROBLEM AND SAVED HER LIFE! HE DIAGNOSED MY AUNT WITH A CERTAIN ISSUE AND SHE HAS BEEN HAPPY EVER SINCE. HE IS EXTREMELY CARING, SPEAKS TO YOU LIKE A PERSON, NOT A SPECIMAN. I TRUST HIM WITH MY FAMILY, THEREFORE I TRUST HIM WITH ANYONE ELSES. HE IS A GENIUS!!!!!!!!

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag

dr.schuman& staff have changed since i last saw him. he used to be caring and had a proficient staff. the dr. isn't as concerned w/his patients. i'm being treated for hepc and dr will wait 7 days to report your cbc's even though he received them 6 days prior. also he will allow your hemoglobin to drop to 6.8 and not inform you for a full week. thus i wound up in the hospital for 3 days. he refuses to oversee blood transfusions and you must either use procrit,go the er,or find a better dr. also he doesn't follow the ama guidelines for hepc meds and hemoglobin counts.office staff doen't give messages to dr,so you must fax everything for documentation.took staff 7 days to call in a prescription!there are much better drs. out there.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2013 | flag

I feel like I saw a completely different doctor than what other reviewers are saying. I saw someone who was rushed, indifferent, arrogant and proceeded to give me samples of medications without looking at my current med list. He did not explain how to take this medication and when I looked it up on the internet I realized it was very complicated and I would not be able to take my other prescription medication because of the timing of the doses. He told me to call him with any problems which I did and I got the distinct impression that when he returned my phone call he did not have my chart in front of him. He just punted. So I got no benefit out of the initial visit whatsoever. Complete waste of time. I found this whole thing to be very sloppy - I don't understand how you can give someone samples of a prescription medication without full instructions and without looking at their current medications. I cancelled my follow up appointment. I will go elsewhere.

Submitted June 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. Schuman is one of the best docs I've ever been to, regardless of specialty. Very knowledgeable, no ego, very compassionate, respectful, very patient. I can't say enough about this man. His manual exam was very gentle and frankly, healing. Very healing nature and hands. Very easy to talk to and trust.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2011 | flag

Dr. Schuman is an excellent physician. He is very knowledgeable in his specialty and also sub-specialties. He is very personable and has very good bedside manner. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for one of the top gastro doc's in the tri-state area. I've been seeing him for about 10 years for Crohn's

Submitted Jan. 19, 2011 | flag

He was a really nice both in his office and at the Hanover center where I did the endoscopy! And he's really cute! lol

Submitted April 4, 2010 | flag

great doctor.He is dedicated to his practice and the people he treats.He goes the extra mile.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2010 | flag

wonderful person and doctor.compassionate, takes time to answer your questions, very knowledgeable and competent. recommend him without reservations

Submitted July 21, 2009 | flag