Rate Dr. Sai Chundu

Dr. Sai Chundu's Ratings

My son is 12 and was diagnosed a few years ago with ADHD. His old doc did nothing to assist him, jus tried to medicate without any further follow up. Dr Chundu was great. He spent alot of time getting to know him, retested him, and really made him feel comfortable. He adjusted meds and found underlying issues that he is now receiving counseling for. It annoys me to see people bash him on this site, because he is really caring. He has been a god send for my child and I would highly recommend him. He worked with his teachers and school, along with us to get him on the right path. He went from Cs,Ds, and Fs to Bs and As in a years time, and he is much happier and more productive in general now.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2012 | flag

My son has been seeing Dr. Chundu for many years and he is the best. I am very pleased with his services. It really pays to stick with one doctor and not to be hopping around. My son was sent to him by my insurance when he was only 5 years old now he is 16 years old. I would refer Dr. Chundu to anyone who needs mental help. He listens to your complaints and is very patient.

Submitted May 25, 2012 | flag

i like dr Chundu. He seems weird at first and I'm very picky about my doctors. If your just nice to him he listens. Need I also remind you that some of these posts are quite old. He's on a new office in murietta at least. He let's me go off my Meds. He listens to my complaints about side effects and he's only human we all make mistakes sometimes. But I agree that he is an adult doctor. If I was going to take my child to the psychiatrist(which indicates thatyou want pills to begin with if you didnt you should have gone to see a psychologist) I would take to a pediatric or child psychiatrist not just some old man Chundu would probably make my daughter very nervous! I would probably choose a woman doctor even if I had a son but whatever. I agree each case is based on the particular attitudes of the individuals and that people don't know the function of their doctors.

Submitted March 22, 2011 | flag

I had a great experience. I felt I had to write something because this is not at all what I experienced. I was depressed, I took meds for a while, I felt better and got off. Every step he supported me. I would recommend Dr Chundu and if I ever get to that point again I will go back.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2010 | flag

Horrible doctor! Did not listen to me or my child! Went to see him twice and after that I made up my mind to see another psychiatrist! I knew he was creepy after he shook hands with us on our 1st visit. Really!! Who shakes people's hands like that? I'm sure those of you who's seen him know what I'm talking about. Very condescending when I tried to suggest something, when hello, it's my child he's treating. Never again would I have my child be treated by this doctor!

Submitted Aug. 4, 2009 | flag

I am a patient of Dr. Chundu's and I have no complaints about but, but I have been told that you have one dr. who prescribes medicine (Chundu) and for therapy I have to go to another doctor. So I really don't tell Dr. Chundu anything except whether or not I am depressed, anxious, etc. Is it possible that people are misinformed about the role the doctor plays in their treatment?

Submitted July 2, 2009 | flag

Had the unfortunate luck of being forced to see chundu as a teenager, continued because i needed my meds. recently learned that 10 of the 17 different medications he has prescribed over 7 years of treatment WERE NOT APPROVED for children in my age group at the time of prescription. the man refuses to acknowledge concerns about medication, even going so far as to bring out the "who's the one who went to medical school?" line. his disregard for side effects and over medication seem to increase as you get better insurance. according to dr. chundu, every complaint other people have about you is a symptom that he can fix with pills. if you're an adult who needs your meds, by all means, i understand why you would feel compelled to be treated by dr chundu. but please, please, do not take your children to this man. the potential damage he can do to developing brains is tragic. if your child MUST be medicated, find a doctor who doesnt just want to stuff him full of pills for the money

Submitted March 25, 2009 | flag

Dr. Chundu did not remove me from Abilify after I complained about a progressively disturbing movement disorder. He claimed not to know what the problem was. When I went to my Internist, he immediately diagnosed Tardive Dyskenisia (a movement disorder that usually becomes permanent) caused by long-term use of Abilify. He asked if I had mentioned it to my psychiatrist. On line investigation verified a side-effect of Abilify can be Tardive Dyskenisia and doctors should watch for it carefully and remove patients at first sign of the disorder. I stopped all my meds over 6 months ago, but still have TD with no cure in sight. I feel that Dr. Chundu is guilty of malpractice for not concerning himself with my problem. Because he did not stop the Abilify immediately, my movement disorder is considered "irreversable." He has harmed me.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2008 | flag

He diagnosed my son without a full evaluation. He didn't seek school personnel input, which is totally inappropriate. However, the medication is working. Dr. Chundu says it "doesn't matter" exactly what disorder he has, because the meds work for "all of the above." His staff seems overly-medicated, are BEYOND HORRIBLE and INCOMPETENT, which I've brought to his attention and he dismisses. He said, "There are lots of other psychiatrists in the area," which is completely false. We're pretty much stuck and he knows it. We continue to go to him for medication-management. Basically, he's an "authorization," nothing more. He's horribly condescending and self-absorbed. His office is ghetto. I'd love to find a referral for a REAL child psychiatrist in the Murrieta-Wildomar area.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2008 | flag

Some people really shouldn't be MDs... He seems to listen at first but the farther you get into it the more you know he didn't hear a word. If he wasn't on insurance lists of approved MDs I doubt he'd still have a practice.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2008 | flag