Dr. Joseph M. Longnecker

Grad. Year: 1968

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:N

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 33 reviews. Dr. Joseph M. Longnecker has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4786188

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 5.0  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Joseph" to "Joseph M."

21/01/12 SYSTEM: Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

05/12/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1145534
08/04/10 5 5 5 5 I'm so relieved that Dr. Longnecker is back and priviledged to be back in the office, helping out for as long as he needs me. The new staff is great! Beth is a Godsend and it's great to work with her again. Jen, Julie and Julie are so sweet! Dr was betrayed by those he trusted but he didn't throw in the towel, and now he is back stronger than ever! He chose his patients over the Heritage and that speaks for itself what kind of Dr. he is. Great to see many of his patients and the outpour of love for him! See you soon! Diane or..(nurse Diane) :D
RID: 1130216
17/03/10 5 5 5 5 Hooray !!! Dr. Longnecker will be back in practice on Monday 3/22/10. Just in case you've been coming here for status on Dr. Joe as I have been, the official memo is out on this… He opens at 301 Bastenchury next Monday. Dr. Longnecker was always in it for his patients and it's my belief, that when his former Medical Group made him choose between them and his patients, he made the decision you would hope any Doctor would and chose his patients. For this, he has me as a loyal patient for life. He was certainly missed while he was away and I, for one, will be making my appointment for a check-up real soon.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1101465
09/02/10 5 5 5 5 My family and I are loyal Dr. Longnecker patients. His practice embodies what is right with our health care system and should be a model for others. I've come in contact with many physicians in my 30 years as a registered nurse and none compare with "Dr. Joe". If you're reading this Dr. Joe, and decide to open a new practice, I would love to come to work for you and be a part of your health promotion ethic. If not, Joe and Bobbie want you to know how much we love you, appreciate you and also want you to know that you're always in our prayers.
RID: 1076045
12/01/10 4 4 5 5 Dr. Joe is passionate for caring for his patients. He has been our family doctor (26 of us) for almost 30 years. He has had to put up with St Jude Heritage for way too long. My family and I are fed up with St Jude Heritage. Most of you know what I mean. My family is looking forward to Dr. Joe opening his new practice. Hey Joe, WE LOVE YOU. The Cabrera Family
RID: 1074348
11/01/10 4 5 5 5 This Dr. is by far the most personal, knowledgeable and careing Dr. I have ever been to and everyone I know and have talked to. We were all so devistated and did not know what we would do if he ever left. I am so , so very relieved that he is just taking a time off and will return to his own practice. We love him. He is the best. And if anyone thinks different, then they did not know him. He has helped me and if he was not there I could not trust other Doctors. That is how excellent and special this Dr.is. He is like our family. He knows his patients and his Medicine We miss him and have not been cared for properly by the group while he was gone. He was so wanted they placed 2 guards in his office when he temprarily left for this leave. Patients are sick of the network throwing them all over the place because they know no one can replace this wonderful Doctor or take his place. (with all due respect, doctors) This is a cry for help from his loving patients. He is Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1066536
30/12/09 5 5 5 5 St Jude Heritage Health has " parted " ways with Dr Joe BUT the good news is he will continue to practise opening his office in the Spring so all his numerous pts. can join him
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1065281
29/12/09 4 5 5 5 Dr Longnecker is by far the best doctor I have known in my 53 years. He has been there for us in so many important and difficult times in our lives including my parents deaths. My family will miss him if he doesn't return but my concern is for him and for his family. I don't know what is wrong but he would not leave suddenly unless it was very important. We are praying for you Dr. Longnecker. We miss you and hope all will be well with you soon.
RID: 1064518
27/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Longnecker is by far the most amazing doctor. he is great with adults and wonderful with children. my family loves him and will never go to another doctor!  Respond
RID: 1061741
21/12/09 3 5 5 5 Dr Longnecker is the best doctor ever. He went M.I.A. in early December 2009. Very worried about my longtime doctor as well as friend... Any info. please post somewhere!
RID: 1059411
17/12/09 5 5 5 5 This doctor is the absolute best. He's very personable, good bedside manner and he's very knowledgeable on everything going on out there as far as illnesses go, including the swine flu and it's vaccine. I have a lot of respect for this doctor.  Respond
RID: 1059208
16/12/09 5 5 5 5 Our family has been so fortunate to have him as our physician for the last 20 years.He cares about his patients ...Please let his patients know why he disappeared!
RID: 1058849
16/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Longnecker is one of the best!He listens and takes the time. My hope and prayers are he is ok! We are here for you as you were there for us Thank you! May you have a Merry Christmas and remember what is really important in life!! let the small stuff go by.
RID: 1056503
14/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Longnecker is the best Dr ever. He has been treating our family for 35 years, cant imagine trying to find somebody as good. If he doesnt return we will be leaving that practice. We are waiting for his return.
RID: 1056304
13/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Joseph Longnecker has the best very best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever had. He is without a doubt my favorite and always my first choice. He takes care of our entire family and I would never want to change.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1055838
12/12/09 4 5 5 5 Dr. Joe treats our entire family, from our 84 year old grandmother, to our 3 year old daughter. He is always honest, knowledgeable, helpful and kind. He cares about our treatment and often makes himself available in off hours by giving us his home telephone number. He explains things in a very understandable manner and always makes time to answer your questions. There is none better.
RID: 1049974
04/12/09 5 5 5 5 I have Know Dr. Longnecker since he started practice in town. He is definitely one of the best!  Respond
RID: 1049507
04/12/09 5 5 5 5 I'm sorry, my computer skipped on my rating and review on dec. 3rd, helpfulness should be 5 not 1. I will repeat again, he is a wonderful doctor who we respect and trust. When you call you know he'll be there to help you, has helped us stay well for approx. 35 years. Thank you Dr. Joe
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1048564
03/12/09 5 5 1 5 Dr. Longnecker is a wonderful doctor and a very caring human being. He has treated four generations of our family, 16 of us in all. We have known him and been treated by him for approx. 35 years. He has always been there for us anytime.WE go where he goes, can.t imagine it any other way.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1045712
30/11/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Joe has been our family doctor since he started caring for our infant daughter who is now 28. He has always been there for us. He visits us in the hospital when we are there. We have been able to share our trials and tribulations with him as well as he has for us. The only reason we stay with his group, St. Jude, is because of him. If he leaves, we leave!
RID: 1006054
09/10/09 5 5 5 5 He's an awesome pediatrician to my 2 little kids. He's very thorough with his examinations and doesn't hesitate to refer them out when necessary. I completely trust him and he's even gives out his home number in case I need over the weekend. He's so caring and kind -- I brag about him all of the time! Thank you so much Dr. Longnecker!! You are absolutely the BEST!!!
RID: 990870
18/09/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Longnecker has been my physician for my whole life (he brought me into the world), there isn't another Dr. i would trust more then him. He has a very wide knowledge of all medical fields. He has helped my family and I with many problems and has always handled it with the utmost care for his patients. He would never guide you in the wrong direction or let you have a medicine or operations that he didn't think was right. His morality and ethics are above standards. I just hope he never retires cause I'd truly be lost without his help and information.
RID: 988332
15/09/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Longnecker is great. He works very hard and has an excellent rating by patients who know him. I am a 47 year old male and I see how much he really cares for his patients. He has a gift and I am glad I know him. This man dots his I's and crosses his T's. Thank- you Dr Longnecker. -MT-
RID: 919996
23/06/09 5 4 5 5 Has been my doctor for the past 22 years, since I was born basically. He is great, personable, kind, and very helpful. All my experiences with his office have been positive ones. Despite his large patient load, he always remembers what is going on in my personal life and my medical history without looking at my folder!!
RID: 894403
22/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Longnecker's practice is closed to new patients so it is pretty hard to get in. You need to have a really good friend who is already a patient recommend you... or you need to have a doctor who is good friends with his office to help you get in. Hands down there is NOBODY like Dr. Longnecker in all of Orange County. He is the best of the best of the best. He's got a great personality, really listens to you, and the quality of care at his practice is the very best. I really respect him, and I 100% appreciate his staff. They are always friendly, helpful, and very attentive. There isn't one single bad thing I can say about his office. The only thing I regret is that this is a closed practice and it can be hard for new people to get in as new patients. Everybody needs a doctor like Dr. Longnecker.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 879985
06/05/09 4 5 5 5 The best! I once had a blocked salivary gland misdiagnosed as an allergic reaction to my heart medications. Dr. Longnecker took one look at it, scheduled me with a specialist who did some very minor surgery and less than 24 hours later, I was good to go! I have a dozen more stories like that to tell. The man is amazing!
RID: 797992
23/02/09 5 5 1 1 I brought in my one year old with what seemed to be a horrible cold. He treated her for such, and sent us on our way. I went back three times after that within a 4 week period since the "cold" had never improved. He kept saying it was just a cold and she will get over it. I chose to take my daughter to another pediatrician, who, after doing a nasal and chest x-ray and examining her, told me she had asthma and allergies and immediately put her on medication. Within three days she was 100% better. I wasted over a month on Dr. Longnecker...and had to see my daughter suffer for his inabilities.
RID: 752092
30/12/08 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Joe. He has taken care of my 5 children and now my 11 grandchildren. He is a wonderful man, caring and very loving. Someone you can always count on, never to busy to speak with you. When I became ill with a heart condition, he was there at the hospital. Bonnie Martinez
RID: 703666
16/10/08 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr Joe since I can remember. He was My Mom, Dad, and Uncle's Dr, too. Me and my daughter still go to him even though we live out of state!!!!! THAT'S HOW GREAT HE IS! He is the BEST!!!!! The best thing is, he truly cares!!!  Respond
RID: 662780
12/08/08 4 4 5 5 Dr. Longnecker is always very friendly and very kind during my child's exams.
RID: 625149
26/06/08 5 5 5 5 We have been going to Dr. Longnecker for 23 years. I totally trust him. He has taken care of our 3 kids from birth as well as my husband & I. We have gone thru many unusual diseases, broken bones,high blood pressure & Dr. Joe has fixed us up great every time. He is warm, caring and will call you at home after hours just to check on you. He is very knowledgeable and I have confidence in his medical advise.
RID: 501369
31/01/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Joe took care of my kids about 10 years ago before we moved out of state. We have never been able to replace him. My son was very ill at birth and had to be at Children's hospital for a month. We brought him home and back to Dr. Joe, he not only took good care of my son, but he took good care of me too. He took my calls in the middle of night and always saw us on short notice. He always went the extra mile to put my mind at ease. Other members of my family still see him and they tell me he is still the best!!
RID: 47107
24/09/06 4 5 5 Always takes time to LISTEN to your concerns, no matter how petty or small they may seem. I go in for our kid, and he gives me the once over as well. Will go the extra mile including making an "emergency" house call when his patient is too ill to come in, or bed riden. A true HEALER! Nicest and most intellegent Dr. I've ever had
Paid (or co-pay): $20