Rate Dr. Donald G. Wood

Dr. Donald G. Wood's Ratings

Dr. Donald Wood saved my life 23 yrs ago!!! If it had not been for his common sense medicine I wouldn't be on this earth. He did so many thing to help me w/ my diabetes, financial & otherwise! May God bless his life, he will be forever missed for his skills & good humor as a doctor. I hope his kids know all the good things he did for so many people. I'm forever grateful for Dr. Wood!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2480126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2014

It is very sad to have just heard that Dr Wood has Passed away. He was one of the best Doctors I have had the pleasure of knowing many years. Some of these comments on this post saddens me. If he appeared to anyone to stare into space it is because he would be concentrating. He saved my brothers life many times. He was one of those Doctors that is rare to find. Most knowledgable and best in his field. Example When a whole hospital filled with Doctors didnt know what was wrong he knew the answer. If he appeared tired or his shirt "Untucked" maybe he was tired? I have seen him at all hours at the hospital. How he ever got any rest is beyond me. It is a great loss for the medical community and his patients that this great man has passed. Rest in peace Dr. Wood. You are GREATLY missed.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2480125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2014

I would like to write that the Dr. was knowledgable but its been ove three weeks since my labs were drawn and I cant get a response either from the doctor or the staff to tell me the results. When I was in the office for my first visit the Dr. googled my medications on his Iphone to learn about them. I can do that! The office was not clean and the table paper was not changed from the last visit. The Dr. looked unkempt with his shirts half untucked. The staff is rude and unhelpful. I havve certain expectations for my medical care: professionalism and good sanitation. If my results come back and I need further care, I will be seeing another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2406194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Best endocrinologist in the State. This man knows his field and knows it well. He is a brilliant doctor who takes his time to review your labs, radiology reports and symptoms before carefully crafting a plan of action to get you on your way to feeling better. I am very puzzled by some of these reviews because I found his staff to be wonderful and they always are. Very helpful and friendly and all of them are professionals in the highest sense of the word. Highly recommended - I wouldn't trust my health with anyone else after going here!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][672367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I am completely underwhelmed by this Dr and his staff. There seems to be poor communication between staff and the Dr. The Dr is always in a hurry. He does not explain things to the patient unlessed asked and then it's not very clear. He does not articulate very well. He practice offers weight loss services but the Dr and many of his staff are massively over weight themselves. I waited 3 weeks for an appointment to get blood work test results and went to my appointment, waited over an hour to be seen, was told they lost the results and to come back in 4 weeks to get the same results. Complete waste of energy, time and money. Oh, one more thing: they don't return phone calls.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][672366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Dr Wood is a good doctor even though he seems to always be in a hurry.His office staff is rude and I have been threatened by them several times. Just recently I had to cancel an appointment because I had to have emergency surgery so couldnt take my son for his appointment. He was just seen not even a month ago and I was told because I had to cancel the appointment I could be taking to court. Here I am still healing from surgery and also Bronchitis and get talked to just anyway. Even though Dr Wood is a good doctor I would not recommend going there. Because if you are like me you dont take to kindly being talked to like you are nothing. Right now I have no alternative but to go but soon my son will be 18 and you can better believe I will be looking for a new doctor to take him to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][672369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

One of the best Doctors in town. Dr. Wood is not full of himself and takes the time to listen. He DOES NOT stare off into space, he is thinking. Very smart and skilled. Knows things about the body chemistry that most Doctors have never heard of. Saved my brothers life many times. HE is the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][672365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Dr. Wood is a great doctor, but his office staff SUCKS big time! Seriously! It can take upwards of 10 days to get them to respond to refill requests! Should diabetics run out of insulin? NO!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][672364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2013

This man is a very good doctor. I credit him for having the information that saved my life. I had been told that I was terminal and would die soon. He found the problem and I am healthy now. He knows what he is doing. He is kind and his staff is helpful. He takes multiple blood multiple times to make sure you are continuing to do well. It is a bit funny that he also specializes in weight management but he is heavy himself. But, he knows what he is doing and he is jolly and personable. Do not hesitate to go to this physician. You will not be sorry.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][672363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2012

He micro-titrated my synthroid dose based on my most recent TSH results taken by my family doctor. 6 weeks later we redid TSH and I was perfect and feeling great. My family doctor was insulted I would go to a specialist but I had been feeling miserable for far too long with hypothyroidism.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][672362].votes_count ]]