Rate Dr. Debra J. Polson

Dr. Debra J. Polson's Ratings

Dr. Polson was great. She spends time and listens. Great experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Like many of the comments she is rude and condescending, insulting, guess its not whether she can help you or not its about if you are skinny and pretty, no caring attitude whatsoever. Examination was rough and uncaring. Office staff had the warmth of an igloo. You don't get the feeling that they are their to help you or that they care about you except for your money. Would not go see her again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

My PCP recommended Dr. Polson to me 2 years ago. She did help me, my condition improved after her recommendations but I will never go back to her office. Although she is knowledgeable, she has NO bedside manners at all. The 2 times I visited her office she was rude and extremely condescendant. I was not familiar at the time with basic English terms (my 1st language is Spanish and had moved to the US less than 2 yrs before meeting her) and when I did not understand some of her questions she treated me like I was a retard. Those 2 times I saw her not only she made me feel like an idiot, she also left the exam room making me think she would come back right away as she was incapable of showing basic greeting manners. Not even a "you may go now". Nothing. She just... left. I regret that my experience with her was so detrimental since, again, she is actually knowledgeable but she should know that basic manners and a respectful attitude are important factors in doctor/patient interactions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Polson was very helpful. See listened to my concerns and took time to address each one. I would recommend Dr. Polson to anyone looking for a great GI doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2457654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

She was wonderful! I heard from her office exactlywhen she said they would have the biospy results. Follow up visit was vreat, she answered all of my ???'s. Would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2457653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Dr. Polson. saved my life. I had been neeflessly suffering for 3 years. When I told her my symptoms she told me what was wrong and treated me immediately. Colonoscopy was great. I had seen 3 other docs before her she is brilliant. Thank you for my life back Dr. Polson!!!#.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1933812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2013

Dr Polson and staff were not very interactive or patient friendly. Dr. seemed more concerned when she would be finished with my appointment as if I was intruding in on her time. I arrived to my appointment puntually, had my ID card, Insurance card and co-payment all ready when I was asked for it. Her and her staff need to take a continued education course in "How To Be Pleasant and Treat Your Patients Like You Care"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1933811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

I had to come back to Dr P for a follow up visit. When I arrived 8, count 'em 8, minutes late, and then waited for the only other person in the office to check in, I was told that the Dr could not see me because I was late. I was told my appt was for 8:45am and it was now 9am. I looked at my watch to see it was only 8:55am and could not believe this woman was serious. She said she'd check with the Dr to see if she could see me. Very quickly she returned and said the Dr could NOT see me and when would I like to reschedule. Again, you're kidding me, right? I am currently looking for another GI Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1933810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2013

I found Dr. Polson to be very professional and caring. I felt she listened to what I had to say. She recommended treatments, options and medications for my condition that have improved my life greatly. Her staff was very helpful in every way. After reading some of the reviews(+) and (-) I feel that I made the right choice. Dr Polson is anything but rude. If you make your own diagnosis and plan you own treatments she is not for you. I would recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1933809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2012

I was referred here by my PCP, and I wish I had done research on reviews first and requested a different doctor. She was extremely rushed, barely took the time to look at my paperwork, and didn't seem very focused on me-- she kept asking me the same questions over and over that shouldn't have been that difficult to remember-- e.g., how long I had my symptoms, how many kids I had. She rattld off a bunch of possibilities of what my symptoms could mean without really taking the time to explain what any of them were, what caused them, what could be done to help, etc. Basically all I got was that hopefully the colonoscopy will help her figure out what my issue is. She will be doing my colonoscopy in 2 weeks and while I don't want to look for another dr at this point because I want my issue addressed sooner rather than later, I certainly would not recommend her to anyone. Nurse was nice, front desk staff had zero warmth or personality. I do appreciate how fast I was able to get in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1933808].votes_count ]]