Rate Dr. Debra J. Polson

Dr. Debra J. Polson's Ratings

My PCP recommended Dr. Polson to me 2 years ago. She did help me, my condition improved after her recommendations but I will never go back to her office. Although she is knowledgeable, she has NO bedside manners at all. The 2 times I visited her office she was rude and extremely condescendant. I was not familiar at the time with basic English terms (my 1st language is Spanish and had moved to the US less than 2 yrs before meeting her) and when I did not understand some of her questions she treated me like I was a retard. Those 2 times I saw her not only she made me feel like an idiot, she also left the exam room making me think she would come back right away as she was incapable of showing basic greeting manners. Not even a "you may go now". Nothing. She just... left. I regret that my experience with her was so detrimental since, again, she is actually knowledgeable but she should know that basic manners and a respectful attitude are important factors in doctor/patient interactions.

Submitted July 30, 2014 | flag

Dr. Polson was very helpful. See listened to my concerns and took time to address each one. I would recommend Dr. Polson to anyone looking for a great GI doctor.

Submitted June 21, 2014 | flag

She was wonderful! I heard from her office exactlywhen she said they would have the biospy results. Follow up visit was vreat, she answered all of my ???'s. Would highly recommend her.

Submitted April 18, 2014 | flag

Dr. Polson. saved my life. I had been neeflessly suffering for 3 years. When I told her my symptoms she told me what was wrong and treated me immediately. Colonoscopy was great. I had seen 3 other docs before her she is brilliant. Thank you for my life back Dr. Polson!!!#.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr Polson and staff were not very interactive or patient friendly. Dr. seemed more concerned when she would be finished with my appointment as if I was intruding in on her time. I arrived to my appointment puntually, had my ID card, Insurance card and co-payment all ready when I was asked for it. Her and her staff need to take a continued education course in "How To Be Pleasant and Treat Your Patients Like You Care"

Submitted Nov. 6, 2013 | flag

I had to come back to Dr P for a follow up visit. When I arrived 8, count 'em 8, minutes late, and then waited for the only other person in the office to check in, I was told that the Dr could not see me because I was late. I was told my appt was for 8:45am and it was now 9am. I looked at my watch to see it was only 8:55am and could not believe this woman was serious. She said she'd check with the Dr to see if she could see me. Very quickly she returned and said the Dr could NOT see me and when would I like to reschedule. Again, you're kidding me, right? I am currently looking for another GI Dr.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2013 | flag

I found Dr. Polson to be very professional and caring. I felt she listened to what I had to say. She recommended treatments, options and medications for my condition that have improved my life greatly. Her staff was very helpful in every way. After reading some of the reviews(+) and (-) I feel that I made the right choice. Dr Polson is anything but rude. If you make your own diagnosis and plan you own treatments she is not for you. I would recommend her to anyone.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2012 | flag

I was referred here by my PCP, and I wish I had done research on reviews first and requested a different doctor. She was extremely rushed, barely took the time to look at my paperwork, and didn't seem very focused on me-- she kept asking me the same questions over and over that shouldn't have been that difficult to remember-- e.g., how long I had my symptoms, how many kids I had. She rattld off a bunch of possibilities of what my symptoms could mean without really taking the time to explain what any of them were, what caused them, what could be done to help, etc. Basically all I got was that hopefully the colonoscopy will help her figure out what my issue is. She will be doing my colonoscopy in 2 weeks and while I don't want to look for another dr at this point because I want my issue addressed sooner rather than later, I certainly would not recommend her to anyone. Nurse was nice, front desk staff had zero warmth or personality. I do appreciate how fast I was able to get in.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2012 | flag

It appears Dr.Polson *requires* oversight (federal, state, or otherwise protocol) concerning reeducation and/or ordered supervision,among others &the need 4 higher-level, specialized field attending skils. However,4 this review, many readers will relate to the idea of person-centered care (treatment by a caring physician who is neurally integrated promoting empathy, active listening, to name two). Caution is warranted n c'n this Dtr.; extremely rude to Mom; demeaning; prescribed meds my Mom is notably (listed in numerous med charts)&clearly allergic to. Also berated Mom as to her lack of medical knowledge concerning her health issue. Pls understnd, I find no pleasure n writing this review, have more to say, but unsure how posting a review works, meaning word count. Thanks,and best of luck to all Tucson community members n finding a physician who truly cares, is forthright in the investigation of a patient's history.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2012 | flag

This doctor came highly recommended from my PCP, as I drove home in tears, I had a hard time wondering why. She was dismissive, condescending, insulting, and just plain rude. While I admit I have gained 30 pounds, in the past three years, I can't attribute this to all of my health issues as she so easily did. I felt like I was inconveniencing her as I tried to explain my concerns and what we could do to resolve them. I would recommend that anyone needing a GI consult go to anyone but her.

Submitted July 25, 2012 | flag