Rate Dr. Dean Spellman

Dr. Dean Spellman's Ratings

My wife had a appointment on 8/21/14 and to her surprise when she got there the receptionist said to her that he is not in and that she would be checking her foot.REALLY!! A RECEPTIONIST!! She was dead serious.When she saw that my wife was upset she called the doctor and the doctor spoke to my wife and asked her what was wrong with her foot.My wife said that she had a bump on top of her bone and he said to make a appointment to have it remove with surgery.What person in their right mind would do something like that.What doctor would tell someone to have surgery without looking at the problem first.STAY AWAY PEOPLE!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

the best foot doctor that i have been to. I have had so many problems over the years and then i discovered Dr. Spellman. God bless him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Introduction to my session was how I under-payed for the service and how the Dr was firmly convinced to chafe so low a price (he was not happy). Poor bedside manner and disinterested in the procedure. The follow up session was cancelled as I was sitting in the waiting room. Final session went normally but at the end of it all the nail fungus is still there. Unless there is a genuine interest in resolving your issue I do not recommend having the procedure done here (could also have been the Groupon aspect of it).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2013

I was pleased with the procedure due to the friendly laser technician. I had a quick consultation with the actual doctor after the procedure. Overall good experience, no complaints.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2013

The doctor really saved me. I never thought I'd need a foot doctor or surgery, however because of my genetics and bad footwear I was actually in need. It's now 6 months later after my surgery and I FOLLOWED DR's INSTRUCTIONS, (I can't say this enough, because at first I went back a few times complaining after my surgery, but this time I actually followed his instructions) and everything was perfect - he was right on all accounts. It was really hard to chose a doctor and what I've found is that experience wins. There were many doctors that paint a pretty picture and a lot of hype. Dr Spellman is just an awesome doctor he told me that the way he did my surgery adheres to the proper medical standards so it won't just grow right back as well being cosmetically appealing. From my extensive research I knew what he was talking about because the regular bunion doctors leave terrible scars and the cosmetic guys don't do the right procedure and it grows right back. Thank you Dr Spellman!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2012

Visited him to take care of my daughters foot... We had no problems, good bedside manner professional and funny.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2011

I did a hammer toe surgery with him a couple of years ago. My foot took forever to heal and when I brought that to his attention hes answer was give it time. He did the surgery right there in the same room that he sees regualar patients. I did the same surgery with another doctor a couple years later and it was amazing. He had me in an operating room with a full staff. This guy is very unprofessional, not helpful, and disrespectful. Run as fast as you can!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2011

Nice doctor, nice staff. Not the nicest office, but he took care of my very painful ingrown toenail and solved my problem, quickly and painlessly. Early morning hours are great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

1st visit - cockroaches in office in times square. 2nd visit - ripped out ingrowns, have had bruised toe nails for 4 months. 3rd visit - he didnt show up at office for my appointment

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2010

I could not recommend using this provider. When I arrived, I had questions about my condition but when I asked them, I was shortly and abruptly cut off and my questions were never really answered. I asked what might be causing my symptoms and again was given an abrupt and short non-answer. I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the office as well. The doctor's physical appearance was disheveled and unkempt. Had I not been concerned with being charged a cancellation fee equal to the amount of the visit, I would've left as soon as I arrived.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934188].votes_count ]]