Dr. Liwen Tao

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Liwen Tao has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endodontist (root canal)-related: dentist, root canals
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5312586
27/03/14 4 5 1 3 I had two root canals done by Dr. Tao approximately 8 years ago. Both have failed. The one tooth broke off 3 years ago (approx. 5 years post root canal treatment) which I then needed to replace the missing tooth with a bridge. The other tooth has been flaring up with pain on and off for years, and after a CT scan and follow up with another endodontist I've been told it wasn't sealed correctly, and so I'll be having the root canal redone next week. I'm not very pleased as this is not suppose to happen. A root canal done properly should last for a lifetime.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2532091
15/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tao is awesome, punctual, nice, gentle. She is great with her patients and talks to you as she is working, letting you know what she is doing. She even called me the very next day to see how I'm feeling. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs root canal treatment. Linda L.  Respond
RID: 2520399
03/01/13 4 5 4 5 This doctor is awesome, punctual, nice, gentle, she is great with her patients talks to you as she is working, letting you know what she is doing, called me the very next day to see how I'm feeling. I would recommend her to anyone. Geeta D
Insurance: Delta Dental
RID: 2451553
19/10/12 5 5 5 5 I have used Dr Tao for about 10 years. I wish every Dr. had her work ethics. I am not thrilled to have root canal. But she makes the whole process extremely doable. Her staff is just as proficient. She is truly remarkable. I just love her.CKahle
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 586316
09/05/08 5 5 5 5 I had root canals on two occasions. I was very happy with her work. She personally called to see how I was doing.  Respond
RID: 418590
25/09/07 5 4 5 5 WONDERFUL LADY. HAVE HAD BAD ROOT CANALS IN PAST, SHE WAS AWESOME. SMALL HANDS, VERY FAST. GREAT GIRLS IN OFFICE, VERY PLESANT AND HELPFUL!!!  Respond
RID: 46644
21/09/06 4 1 1 She didnt know what she was doing,she is supposedly a root canal specialist but she did a root canal on the wrong tooth.1 day before my wedding I had to go on emergency to get a root canal on the right tooth! She didnt even test the tooth that I told her was bothering me a lot, because I think that my primary doctor fixed and because he recommended me to her she didnt want to say that I had a problem there (when my usual doctor fixed a filling on my tooth accidentally touched my nerve and slowly my nerve died, so you can imagine the pain I was on) when I called her to talk to her about my problem, she was very rude to me on the phone. So what she did was charge me 870 dollars for a root canal, on the wrong tooth, and I say that because I went there when I was in a lot of pain and the pain never went away just got worst, she didnt do any tests on the tooth I told her was bothering me, and I almost missed my wedding the day, the most important day of my life.
Paid (or co-pay): $870