Dr. Patrice Langlois

Rate Dr. Patrice Langlois

Dr. Patrice Langlois's Ratings

WHY on insisting on seeing people who have trouble getting around EVERY SINGLE MONTH.. 12 times a year! I see HIM more often than I see good friends of mine. It use to be when I got a 3 month prescription from my old GP, it would last 5 months and so OHIP didn't get billed 5 times over, they got billed maybe 3-4 times a year, now its 12 times and that goes for EACH of his patients. You should ALL BE OUTRAGED BY THIS; its accomplishing nothing and OHIP is being unnecessarily charged for appointments that I do not need because seeing him does NOTHING FOR ME, I just get the meds that don't work and I leave - its a RACKET this is the DEFINITION OF A RACKET and he is a RACKETEER.

I watched as a 70 year old women who weighed about 280 pounds (I'm guessing) got her urine test cup from the secretary at the desk, this women could BARELY get out of the office through the door, her purse falling open, tripping over her own walking cane.. BUT THANK GOD HE IS MAKING SURE THAT THAT SENIOR CITIZEN ISN'T USING ANY COCAINE/CRACK or METH! I'm glad that he is keeping vigilance over our out of control seniors who are exchanging their opiate pain medications for street drugs because that is just so out of hand, all of those people with the weak heart conditions who are hitting the pipe on the tax payers dime and flooding our streets with opiate drugs. And that is NOT the first or the only senior I've seen forced to give a urine sample either, so I'm glad to know that he's enforcing this rule across the board.

Can someone please explain to me the PURPOSE of this exercise other than to persecute and humiliate people who are already suffering? I mean I've been with him for over a year now and of course I haven't ever tested positive for street drug use (never mind the fact that I wouldn't be stupid enough to use them the same week I had the test - I just DO NOT DO STREET DRUGS) but how is it useful or helpful to CONTINUE TO TEST PATIENTS when its OBVIOUS that they are not about to take up a crack/meth habit? WHO or HOW is this helping ANYONE at all? How is this fixing the problems on the streets with the drugs by putting the patients through this humiliation and persecution? This HAS to stop because if it doesn't stop HERE with THIS MAN, its going to become wide spread and soon EVERYONE WILL BE GETTING TESTED FOR ILLEGAL DRUGS BEFORE GETTING MEDICAL TREATMENT.. this is where it starts, its the only explanation for it because the reason "to stop the flow of drugs to the streets from legal prescriptions" doesn't make ANY SENSE; so there has to be a completely different reason for all of it and "persecuting opiate medication users to deter them from wanting to use them" seems like one of them and the other seems to be because they are getting ready to implement this across the board, WHICH IS WHAT HE PROUDLY TOLD ME WAS HIS GOAL, that OHIP was looking at HIS "PROGRAM" and thinking about instituting it across the board.

He needs to be stopped. His practices need to be brought to light before everyone ends up in the same boat. You think other doctors aren't going to get the same idea this guy has and start INSISTING on drug testing their patients? You think they are not going to INSIST that the patient shows up every month if they need to or not? This is a slippery slope and its going to be abused like all slippery slopes eventually do.

If I could RUN AWAY from this doctor I would, he's abusive and dangerous, but when I politely explained to him that his "program" wasn't really helping me get back healthy again he (while smiling like a psychopath) told me "Well, why not go find another pain specialist?!" .. this guy needs to be STOPPED.

And I think I'm going to stop him.. who is with me?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2606998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Langlois for over a year now & he has helped me tremendously! He knows his stuff! I have rare conditions that can cause various reactions with meds. He has never given up on me & keeps trying to help me find the right answer. I trust him greatly! So much that I'm not supposed to have injections into my spinal cord but did it anyways because he felt there was a chance to make things better for me. He is passionate about helping people so those who think he's mean or whatever, it's simply that he cares! He gets frustrated too because he wants the best for each patient! Sometime we don't "click" with a dr but it doesn't mean they aren't great at what they do! He had another wonderful career & have it up to help others. We also have to remember we all react differently to meds or injections (which is meds!) I look forward to each appt with him because he cares about my health as much as I do :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2537298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Pardon my long comment, but this is going to be a long story that I urge EVERYBODY to read.

My dad has been seeing Dr. Langlois for over a year now. Based on this, I have generally found him to be incredibly rude, arrogant, conceited, and totally unwilling to listen. This is just my opinion. However, the rest of this story is fact. Dr. Langlois is, in fact, so arrogant that when my dad's doctor sent over his files, he assumed he didn't need to read them, and because he didn't read them, he nearly fatally overdosed my father on a medication that he was allergic to (which he would have known if he'd either read his file OR actually listened to him when he spoke). My dad was on life support for three days with acute kidney damage; the ICU doctor said that he had about a 1 in 3 chance of dying. Luckily, my dad is okay, but what will happen to the next patient who gets in the way of this man's enormously overblown sense of his own importance? There are two pain specialists in Ottawa - PLEASE go to the other one. I'm afraid Dr. Langlois isn't going to be in commission for very much longer, anyway.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2529015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

This doctor scares me. He doesn't listen, and interrupts and he talks over you. The wait time is absolutely appalling. His attitude is very "my way or the highway" and in fact he's said to me "if you don't like it, then find another doctor" - which is scary because there aren't any other pain specialists that you are going to get in to see. He knows he one of the few games in town. He requires anyone on opiates to come in every single month, in addition to giving them urine tests for possibly amphetamine/cocaine use (which I believe may illegal, its certainly morally and ethically wrong) which of course does nothing but criminalize people who are already suffering in pain, and if you fail the test you are immediately cut off (which is horribly dangerous of course). If he didn't insist on seeing everyone once a month, he could see MORE patients. His wait times would also decrease significantly. If I had another doctor to go over to, I would switch in a heartbeat but I'm stuck with him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1934627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

This was an awful experience: I heard the doctor talk about montly accountance with the secretary while checking in, he interrupt my consultation with his nurse to laugh at the patient in the other room, never presented himself or looked at me before touching me and making is diagnostic(without ever consulting what info I gave to the nurse, wich I had to repeat later...). He told me that their was not much to be done, SINCE MY INJURIES LEFT ME TO BE PHYSICALLY ****ED UP!!! HE USED ****ED UP! WOW! He told me that it was HIS clinic, HIS patient, so he talked to them how he pleased, so they understand... Excuse me? He finally offered a treatment, I ask if their is any side effects. His answer:"WELL, EXCEPT ONE OR TWO CANCER..." I would not recommend this doctore, wait for somebody better, go out of the city, he his so unbelievebly rude, you dont even want to trust him, made me doubt he has your healt at heart...And you have to pay for everything too, even the gloves he use, it seems...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1934626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2013

Il est vrai qu'il n'est pas ponctuel, mais c'est parce qu'il prend le temps avec le patient. Je n'ai pas senti que j'étais un numéro lorsque j'étais en sa présence. Il est très aimable et très compétent. Il m'a donné d'excellents conseils. Je recommande à tous ceux qui vivent avec douleur chronique.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

OK. Granted, Dr. Langlois does make you wait 3+ hours for your appmt. His explanation, when he came into the waiting room & saw that a patient had skipped out, was "Well, I guess that person wasn't in too much pain then, were they?". He is arrogant, but he sort of has a right to be. He's absolutely brilliant. He used to be an engineer before he became an anesthesiologist, but he became bored, feeling he'd learned all he could in his profession & decided he had to learn something completely new to stimulate himself. Interesting psyche, no? Once we learned a little more of what made the man tick, my husband and I were able to communicate with him much better. We treated him with respect, but made sure he understood what I needed in terms of my care & any questions I had. He probably spent more time with me than most of his patients. He loves it when you smile & ask him about himself, his family or talk nicely to Linda instead of focusing completing on you. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

CE docteur est le meilleur que j'ai vu il prend le temp avec ses patients et est ce démarque dans ce qu'il fait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2011

Ok people are right in the fact that he is late, but can you imagine that in other cities you can wait up until 4 months to get an appointment? Yes you can wait for him about 3 hours but hey at least you will see him the same day. I wait almost the same amount of time at my doctor`s clinic with an appointment scheduled 4 months in advance! I`m under treatment with Dr. Langlois since last July 2009 and he knows what he is doing, yes sometime it seems like he doesn`t listen, but it`s not the case. Not always easy to deal with all frustrated people that come in his office, I wouldn`t want to deal with lot of his patients....:( He his a great specialist I fully trust him and I do believe that I will get better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2010

Takes the time to liten to you? I think the last two raters mist be related to the "good doctor" because everyone I talk to in the waiting room, state they get 2 - 5 minutes at the most.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1934621].votes_count ]]