Dr. Patrice Langlois

Dr. Patrice Langlois

Rate Dr. Patrice Langlois

Dr. Patrice Langlois's Ratings

This doctor scares me. He doesn't listen, and interrupts and he talks over you. The wait time is absolutely appalling. His attitude is very "my way or the highway" and in fact he's said to me "if you don't like it, then find another doctor" - which is scary because there aren't any other pain specialists that you are going to get in to see. He knows he one of the few games in town. He requires anyone on opiates to come in every single month, in addition to giving them urine tests for possibly amphetamine/cocaine use (which I believe may illegal, its certainly morally and ethically wrong) which of course does nothing but criminalize people who are already suffering in pain, and if you fail the test you are immediately cut off (which is horribly dangerous of course). If he didn't insist on seeing everyone once a month, he could see MORE patients. His wait times would also decrease significantly. If I had another doctor to go over to, I would switch in a heartbeat but I'm stuck with him.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2013 | flag

This was an awful experience: I heard the doctor talk about montly accountance with the secretary while checking in, he interrupt my consultation with his nurse to laugh at the patient in the other room, never presented himself or looked at me before touching me and making is diagnostic(without ever consulting what info I gave to the nurse, wich I had to repeat later...). He told me that their was not much to be done, SINCE MY INJURIES LEFT ME TO BE PHYSICALLY ****ED UP!!! HE USED ****ED UP! WOW! He told me that it was HIS clinic, HIS patient, so he talked to them how he pleased, so they understand... Excuse me? He finally offered a treatment, I ask if their is any side effects. His answer:"WELL, EXCEPT ONE OR TWO CANCER..." I would not recommend this doctore, wait for somebody better, go out of the city, he his so unbelievebly rude, you dont even want to trust him, made me doubt he has your healt at heart...And you have to pay for everything too, even the gloves he use, it seems...

Submitted Feb. 4, 2013 | flag

Il est vrai qu'il n'est pas ponctuel, mais c'est parce qu'il prend le temps avec le patient. Je n'ai pas senti que j'étais un numéro lorsque j'étais en sa présence. Il est très aimable et très compétent. Il m'a donné d'excellents conseils. Je recommande à tous ceux qui vivent avec douleur chronique.

Submitted March 6, 2012 | flag

OK. Granted, Dr. Langlois does make you wait 3+ hours for your appmt. His explanation, when he came into the waiting room & saw that a patient had skipped out, was "Well, I guess that person wasn't in too much pain then, were they?". He is arrogant, but he sort of has a right to be. He's absolutely brilliant. He used to be an engineer before he became an anesthesiologist, but he became bored, feeling he'd learned all he could in his profession & decided he had to learn something completely new to stimulate himself. Interesting psyche, no? Once we learned a little more of what made the man tick, my husband and I were able to communicate with him much better. We treated him with respect, but made sure he understood what I needed in terms of my care & any questions I had. He probably spent more time with me than most of his patients. He loves it when you smile & ask him about himself, his family or talk nicely to Linda instead of focusing completing on you. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Submitted June 9, 2011 | flag

CE docteur est le meilleur que j'ai vu il prend le temp avec ses patients et est ce démarque dans ce qu'il fait!

Submitted Feb. 17, 2011 | flag

Ok people are right in the fact that he is late, but can you imagine that in other cities you can wait up until 4 months to get an appointment? Yes you can wait for him about 3 hours but hey at least you will see him the same day. I wait almost the same amount of time at my doctor`s clinic with an appointment scheduled 4 months in advance! I`m under treatment with Dr. Langlois since last July 2009 and he knows what he is doing, yes sometime it seems like he doesn`t listen, but it`s not the case. Not always easy to deal with all frustrated people that come in his office, I wouldn`t want to deal with lot of his patients....:( He his a great specialist I fully trust him and I do believe that I will get better.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2010 | flag

Takes the time to liten to you? I think the last two raters mist be related to the "good doctor" because everyone I talk to in the waiting room, state they get 2 - 5 minutes at the most.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2010 | flag

I am writing to those who complain about Dr. Langlois. It is true that he can do more about time management, but why complain when he takes the time to listen to you and explaining the problem not only to the patient but to members of their families so that they know how to cope with it. In one hand, you complain doctors who don't spend enough time with you and now in contradiction, you complain that he spends to much time with you? Just remember the day you were in deep pain and how your life was miserable, and how now he changed your life. I'm sorry, but Dr. Langlois always treated me with respect, and when I'm in deep pain, he asked me never to hesitate to show up in his office. Find another doctor who can ask you the same thing, when your pain is so intense that you wish to die. Thanks to him, I can cope tody with my pain and I will internally grateful. This goes to his assistant too who is passionate and understanding.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2010 | flag

To all you people complaining about Dr. Langlios and his secretary, you need a life. Don't take out your frustration and painful lives at this wonderful man. Ok, I admit it, I am a health professional myself, but I felt that this man who was incredibly busy, still took the time to explain treatments and advices me with patience. Sometimes patients don't realize the doctor is human too. He has his own problems in life too and he has to deal with many sad, frustrated patients day in, day out. If you were in his position, will you do better? I doubt it. As for his secretary, Linda, I have had no problems. She is kind and does her best to ease the traffic jam. You want to see a doctor and spend an hour with him? What about his time commitments to other patients, hospital duties etc... God, some of you people and your stupid ignorant comments make me sick. Just think how hard life is for the poor doc. Most of you are on disability and have nothing to do anyway. Have some respect for the Doc.

Submitted June 23, 2010 | flag

i have seen this doctor before,twice as a matter of fact and each time i waited at least 3 hours and was in the office for 10 minutes if not less.i found him to be very disrespectful and assumes things about you even after the short time he has seen you.he is to quick to make a judgement about you even though he does not know you.he really needs to take a course on how to treat people that goes to him for help and not pass judgement.for his secretary,well lets just say that maybe she should follow him to that course also.

Submitted March 29, 2010 | flag