Dr. Gilbert H. Daniels

Grad. Year: 1966

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Gilbert H. Daniels has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5232435

10/03/14 1 3 3 4 Dr daniells is arrogant I had him for 3 years because my parents liked him. I was on the phone with his secretary one day and she actually told me she needed a cocktail. And was sluring her words. Dr daniells will not call you or talk to you on the phone. You have to wait for results through a letter which once took 3 weeks to get. Hevalways ran late but I was 5 minutes late once due to snow and I recieved a warning. Never have I ever recieved a warning before from a dr never mind for 5 min.  Respond
RID: 3594231
03/11/13 1 3 2 2 Dr. Daniels is an arrogant as they come. He thinks he knows everything about endocrinology, but seldom does he mention anything about treating the disease as opposed to treating the conditions. Often resulting in costly surgeries or a lifetime of being dependent on medication. While in his office, he proceeded to take a phone call and talked in length with someone on the other end, leaning back in his chair without a care in the world or the manners to realize a sick patient was sitting in front of him. Only when I started to make myself comfortable and put my feet up, did he decide to get off the phone. Where would this guy be without all his fancy medical degrees and his high personal opinion of himself? Truth is that you wouldn't think twice about this jerk. I also have to agree that his office assistant could use some soft-skills, but then I thought about who she had to work for day in and day out. I would probably be the same way.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Gilbert" to "Gilbert H."
RID: 2649888
16/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr.Daniels is a angel on earth. This doctor know his stuff. Dr.Daniels has been keeping me alive for 22years. I have 4 cancers in the last 22years and i am still here to talk about it. Mainly because of Dr.Daniels. gets the job done and cares about his patients. I've had thyroid cancer,lung cancer,leg (mfh)cancer,and melanoma.I could not begin to tell you of my respect and trust in him.I consider him as my guardian angel and life line. Thank you Dr Daniels for life. Without you i would of not have had the chance to have had three beautiful daughters.thanks FI
RID: 2499895
13/12/12 2 4 5 5 Dr Daniels helped me very much. He refered me to an excellent surgeon. My only complaint is his office manager. Not very helpful, no return call when she couldn't find out some information for me.If she worked for me I would have fired her. She needs to follow up as her job requires
RID: 1664856
19/12/11 3 4 3 2 I wanted to see Dr. Daniels after being operated for thyroid cancer. I wished a second opinion. Instead of seeing this physician, he turned me over to an assistant. I found this most disappointing.
RID: 1629825
09/11/11 4 4 5 5 Dr. Daniels was my daughter's endocrinologist when she was diagnosed at 21 with thyroid cancer; Dr. Daniels lived up to all I had ever heard about him, not only as an exceptional physician, tops in his field, but his compassion and sensitivity in dealing with my daughter during this difficult time sealed it for me. He is a caring, lovely man, who treats his patients as people during their most vulnerable time. He referred us to "world class" surgeon, and his choice was perfect. My daughter has had no further difficulties or recurrences in 5 years. I trust Dr. Daniels implicitly. Simply, the best!  Respond
RID: 1530524
06/09/11 3 4 5 5 Medical care and advice is excellent. Making appointments is not efficient. Often cannot make an appointment one year out while leaving an office visit, am asked to call back, answering service often answers. Overall, not efficient. Office should change their practices to allow patients to make appointments one year out while there.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 1213019
21/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Daniels has consistently been very responsive and incredibly helpful treating my daughter and providing medical resources for her family. I would not consider anyone else to be his peer for thyroid problems.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 1125519
11/03/10 4 5 5 5 Dr. Daniels has been treating me since 1995 and I wouldn't go anywhere else. He is kind, always asks about my job, my overall health and my family. I enjoy his sense of humor and appreciate that he took the time to conduct the biopsy himself insted of having someone else do it. I believe he cares and trust him completely.
RID: 1088246
25/01/10 5 4 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Daniels for over twenty years. He is extraordinarily knowledgeable and competent. He has always taken time to answer my questions. He is indeed very busy. I feel very fortunate to have him as my doctor.
Insurance: Tufts
RID: 1070489
05/01/10 5 5 5 5 Gil Daniels is one of the finest doctors, I've ever seen. Aside from being a world- class specialist in thyroid disorders, he is warm, compassionate and always responsive to the patient's needs. I've seen him for close to 20 years and always found him that wonderful combination of brilliant and kind Can't do better in this speciality!
RID: 859212
12/04/09 3 4 5 5 I have not seen Dr.Daniels in a few years, but am shocked by the poor reviews. I saw him for ten years several years ago, and he was always kind, patient and sensitive with me, and I don't believe people's characters change. He was, and no doubt still is, very busy-one of the burdens of being the best in his field.
RID: 667295
17/08/08 5 5 4 5 His experience and skill makes Dr. Daniels a best choice for those with advanced thyroid cancer.  Respond
RID: 622512
22/06/08 5 5 5 5 I am not sure what others are talking about here, but Dr. Daniels is a wonderful doctor. He treated my late father for over 15 yrs and was VERY compassionate every step of the way. Whenever my dad had to be rushed to the ER, Dr. Daniels would drop whatever he was doing to attend to the case. My father was hospitalized dozens of times and Dr. Daniels always took the time to visit my father. When I had to make the final decision to withdraw life support, Dr. Daniels graciously accepted my call and even took the time to write my mother a letter to convey his sympathies. He was the ONLY doctor to recognize the donation we made in his honor after my father passed. He's a class act and a brilliant physician. My family will be forever be thankful for all he did for my dad. He is a very busy doctor, and perhaps this is why some have had trouble contacting him. His bedside manner is certainly better than some of the other MGH specialists.  Respond
RID: 573297
22/04/08 4 5 4 5 I don't know how anyone found Dr. Daniels cold & having no sense of humor..he is a quiet man but has a very funny, dry sense of humor, and he is also very caring and reassuring. He's one of the most knowledgeable and experienced experts on Thyroid disorders in the World, so it's a very busy office and that might lead some staff to come across as abrupt.. but Dr. Daniels or someone in the office has called me back quickly when I needed him, and I feel he really sees me as a person, not just a patient.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 472908
29/12/07 2 3 1 4 Dr. Daniels took my case b/c it was unusual. But as far as getting back to me about blood test results- very, very, very slow. Secratary not the nicest "gate keeper". Sometimes I think he may be so arrogant that he may miss something on my ultrasound. But his credentials are outstanding.  Respond
RID: 327811
24/05/07 1 1 1 I called to see if I could get in to see this doctor and was told to fax all of my records to his office. I sent 21 pages along with a typed 2 page letter basically begging for help because of my thyroid symptoms. Secretary called me back and was the RUDEST person ever! All she said was "based on your records, he can't help you." SO RUDE, no explanation, nothing. Don't waste your time trying to see him.  Respond
RID: 262455
05/04/07 5 5 5 Absolutely tops! I have been seeing him for ten years. I trust him so much that I fly to Boston (having moved to DC) to see him. He is thorough and considerate, and in contrast to a few of the reviews here, I find him to be delightful.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 53326
30/10/06 5 3 5 Brilliant - the best in his field, I believe. Elitist? I don't know about that but if he is, he has earned it. His bedside manner is always something that has impressed whomever has been with me in his presence. He is a big city specialist with probably thousands of patients and still he manages to take a minute to catch up on how I am doing as a whole person whenever I see him. The only reason I am giving him a '3' for Helpfulness is because when I call and leave messages it is tough to get a call back. I am sure if my messages were of an urgent manner (which they have not been) I would get a better response. I drive 90 miles to see him and I would drive further if need be. He is worth it.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 47918
28/09/06 4 1 5 Very intelligent, but skipped class the week patient relationships was being taught. Arrogant, rude, no sense of humor and worst of all NO COMPASSION!!  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user