Rate Dr. Mami N. Martin

Dr. Mami N. Martin's Ratings

Poor bed side manner does not explain thing throw sends his students to do his job

Submitted March 23, 2014 | flag

I had a very negative experience with this doctor and her office when referred to her for a lump in my breast. The information given me about my biopsy results was not timely, not honest, and not accurate. I was given results by phone that were incorrect; I was told I had a condition I did not have according to the pathology report. I was told to come in to discuss the next week, but I couldn't get an appointment until 2 weeks later. At that visit, I was told the correct results, with no apology for the previous incorrect information. This was the worst instance of miscommunication and failure to provide me and my referring physician needed information, but there were numerous other instances, which tells me the office and the doctor have no regard for the patient. Since most of the other doctors I see are very caring, this doctor's lack of respect for me was a shock. Due to the stress and lack of closure due to unclear follow-up instructions, I do not recommend this practice.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2012 | flag

Dr. Martin performed a rather difficult surgery a few years ago and I have not had a problem since. This is wonderful considering She did a repair of a surgery which had gone bad. I am pleased to see she is still rated among the best.

Submitted April 6, 2012 | flag

I really like Dr. Martin. She is no-nonsense and very intelligent. The office management, however, is horrible. I was told to show up 15 minutes early and then waited for an hour. The excuse was that there was only 1 room for 2 doctors. There definitely needs to be some scheduling improvements made. I can't be sure I'll go back.

Submitted April 6, 2011 | flag

Dr. Martin has excellent communication skills. She always called me back when she said she would. I almost felt like I was talking to my friend. She made me feel very comfortable. All of my questions were answered completely. My surgery went really well, and I had absolutely no pain afterwards. It was a fabulous experience. She is a highly skilled surgeon, and a nice person on top of it!

Submitted Dec. 7, 2009 | flag

Fabulous at communicating information when she says she will (even if it is "don't have anything yet), very compassionate while at the same time very competent. Really listens to concerns and responds.

Submitted June 18, 2008 | flag

Dr. Martin is very nice, patient and explains everything she will do carefully so you understand. She answers any questions you may have. I had a breast suergery done by her and she did a good job, you can't even see the scar, I didn't feel anything and I recovered quickly. She called me a few days after the suergery to check and see how I was doing. I recommend this doctor!

Submitted June 10, 2008 | flag