Dr. David S. Thoman

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. David S. Thoman has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "David" to "David S."
RID: 2745328
02/08/13 4 4 5 5 Honestly after reading the reviews on his lack of bedside manner I almost cancelled my consultation the day before. It is important to me to be able to have a surgeon I trust and can feel comfortable with in communication. I am glad I kept the appointment. He performed the Nissen Fundoplication surgery on me yesterday and I am already home and healing. He took his time and explained everything, even my list of probably silly questions. He is obviously a skilled surgeon but I didn't get the feeling that he was full of himself like other reviews. Physicians need to realize our time is as valuable as theirs, I probably have as much education as he does, he probably (X that he does) makes a LOT more money than I do but so what. I didn't get the feeling he was stuck up at all. I would recommend anyone in my family to go to him for excellent service!
RID: 2578828
07/03/13 5 5 5 5 Left me with no scars. Incredible surgeon. Everyone says he's the best and I agree.
RID: 2578140
06/03/13 5 5 5 5 This guy is the best surgeon in town. Would you rather have an old shaky surgeon who will hold your hand or a guy who is technically phenomenal and doesn't have time to chat? I was paying cash and did my research with other docs first.  Respond
RID: 2565879
20/02/13 3 3 1 4 Most unpersonable doctor I've ever met, and I've known hundreds by working in healthcare for many years. The problem goes beyond the lame "poor bedside manner" excuse given for unfriendly and arrogant doctors; I believe he really doesn't give a hoot about the patient as a person. He doesn't explain anything, and he's a poor listener. I agree the guy is a world-class surgeon, but refuse to recommend him because of his personality deficits and poor attention to a patient's degree of comfort or ability to care for themselves.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1361140
11/02/11 2 3 1 2 He he is not interested in following up on complications due to the surgery he performed. Once he is done operating on you and you need help, his office communicates he wants you to go to the Emergency Room.
Insurance: United Healthcare