Rate Dr. Barry Jacobson

Dr. Barry Jacobson's Ratings

Took 2 children to Dr.Jacobson for 5 years until we became fed up with the over crowded office and the assembly line atmosphere of his practice. One of my children was diagnosed with mild case of enamel dysplasia and Dr. Jacobson either lacked the knowledge of how to deal with the condition or just didn’t want to be bothered with a slightly more complicated case that would slow the assembly line. Dr. Jacobson attempted two fillings which lasted 2 days and 2 weeks respectively on the child with the dysplasia. Changed dentists this year and couldn’t be happier.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2013 | flag

I had my apt scheduled twice and the staff wrote the wrong time on my apt at their end and I had writen my apt time on two pieces of paper plus on my iphone so I know I was not wrong. Not only that when I asked so next when can I see Dr. Barry. The staff said "oh your apt was not with him, it's with an associate". When I called them I clearly said "I need an apt to see Dr Barry for my kids". Very poor customer service.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2013 | flag

The best pediatric dentist. My 4 years old son had to have his dental procedures done by dr.J in the hospital under general anesthesia. The doctor was very professional and recovery time was very short, now he loves coming for the follow up visits in the office.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2007 | flag

My granddaughter is Dr .Jacobson’s patient for seven years. He treated her for different reasons. He is her first dentist and the main reason I’ve decided to write, is to recommend his services to anyone who is looking for a highly professional, experienced, friendly Doctor. My granddaughter is not afraid of a DENTIST Thank you Dr.Jacobson.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2007 | flag

In a word...WOW! What an amazing dentist. There is no reason to be afraid to go to a dentist when he is as gentle, caring, quick, and knowledgable as this doctor. I would recommend Dr. J to each one of the parents who have children in my entire kindergarten class.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2007 | flag

My 2 kids have been seeing Dr. Jacobson for at least 6 years. We have always found Dr. Jacobson to be extremely attentive to the needs of our children. Magic tricks and special glasses, are just few of the things Dr. J does to take kids mind off the procedure. Efficient staff and short waiting times are definitely a BIG plus. I have referred multiple friends to the office, and everyone was pleased with the outcome. Would highly recommend the office to anyone looking for high quality pediatric dental care.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2007 | flag

My 5 year just had surgery last Wednesday..I went to see 4 different Dr.'s before him..She would scream and cry with all of them..So we were highly recommended to go see him..He was great..he talked to my husband and I..and told us that my daughter would not do well with any Dr., and guess what we agreed..We went to Mt. Sinai to have the procedure done..It took him less than an hour...and she had no side affects..He was great..He called us at night to see how she was doing..So did Mt. Sinai Hosp., I would recommend him highly to anyone....

Submitted Oct. 22, 2007 | flag

Both my kids just had fillings with dr jacobson. They were very happy and there was no pain. The waiting room was a little crowded but i guess there is a reason for that.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2007 | flag

great doctor, did magic tricks with the kids to relax them, office very clean, highly reccomended. Teaneck office was great!!!

Submitted Sept. 25, 2007 | flag

Both my children had severe rampant bottle decay and i did not want to tortue them in the office. Dr J was great he helped us through the whole process and my children had all their work[extractions, root canals, etc...] done while they were sleeping under general anesthesia. By the way Mount Sinai Hospital was terrific. thank you Dr J.

Submitted March 8, 2007 | flag