Rate Dr. Richard J. Fox

Dr. Richard J. Fox's Ratings

Friendly, reassuring, and professional. Treated me for varicose veins, very clean surgery. Great and helpful staff.

Submitted May 23, 2012 | flag

This doctor lacked the knowlsdge to make prudent decisions during surgery and weigh the life-long consequences of his surgical actions. I am now permenently impaired and my quality of life has been compromised. My condition is irreversable and managing my symptoms are the only option. I entered surgery in perfect health and now suffer from a rare disorder. I believe his intentions were good but he needed more training in this type of procedure.

Submitted April 13, 2012 | flag

Excellent surgeon & person! Dr Fox did my port for chemo to treat very aggressive ovarian cancer 3 wks after big gyn-oncology surgery. I'm only 42 & watched my mom go thru horrible chemo. I was totally freaked as this made cancer & chemo very real. As I dropped off insurance stuff, no appt. "Hi, I'm Rich Fox, let me talk to you and show you what I'm going to do." Very reasuring! Going into surgery, he teased me in a polite, warm way about my new 'short do' as I just had haircut in prep for chemo. I was a tough port placement, but he got it and explained things post op. When my port failed (not his fault),same thing--no appt, but he wanted to see me, reasure, tried other options, never charged me. Clinically very sound, professional,& thorough with exams. High praise from my gyn-onc re: bowel resect he did on another patient of hers. His MA is wonderful--great rapport with her. His warmth, humor, made a very tough time much easier. In it b/c he loves people and loves what he's doing.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2008 | flag

We all know- most surgeons are complete jerks with a massive God-complex. Dr. Fox is a complete exception to that general understanding. He is perhaps the BEST Doctor I have ever had. He is, without question, the most compassionate, caring, and understanding surgeon I have ever had. I have Stage 4 cancer, and by admission, I am an extremely difficult patient. He took his time with me and explained why these surgeries were necessary. Even when I started to give him a very hard time about the procedure- he carefully guided me towards the correct decision. (I had an APR- removal of my rectum and a colostomy). He was also very willing to work with me in financial matters. Please- if you are looking for an extremely competent, caring, compassionate surgeon- use his services. He is AMAZING. He not only saved my life, but also my QUALITY of life. Dr. Fox, quite simply, rules.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2008 | flag