Rate Dr. Holly Fritch Kirby

Dr. Holly Fritch Kirby's Ratings

She was running late and waited 20 minutes past my appointment time. I had two skin issues I wanted addressed. About one issue, she didn't do anything except give me some advice however I have been treated with cream by a previous dermatologist and it worked. Another issue I had she prescribed me some type of antibiotic to get rid of some of the zits I have. I felt like she didn't really address my issues and didn't communicate with me very well before she was on to the next appointment. I left frustrated because I had waited a month to see her and had to pay my copay of $65 and I didn't get any help. I am not filling the prescriptions because I don't want to waste anymore money at something that won't help.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2013 | flag

This doctor is a joke. First, waited 30 minutes in an empty waiting room. When finally saw dr, I gave her paperwork (1 half-page diagnosis) which she stared at mindlessly for 10 minutes and then questioned why I believed I was an expert at my own diagnosis (I never made such a claim). She then looked at me with a magnifying glass, and decided my problem area needed to be removed and she would get the nurse to help. After waiting another 20 minutes in a seemingly quiet, empty office she came back to tell me the appt is over I needed to schedule another appt because office was too busy (mind you, NOBODY was there but me and staff). Have to get that next office visit fee, examination fee, co-pay...whatever. When I went to staff to schedule, she had hard time setting aside her magazine to help, only to tell me there were no appts til 6 wks later for procedure I needed but I needed to come in a week for follow-up. Follow-up to what?? Left with no more answers than when I came. Useless dr.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2012 | flag

The secretary who greeted me was quite nice. The doctor, on the other hand, wasn't nearly as pleasant to see. First off, she was about thirty minutes behind schedule with her patients before myself. When examined, Dr. Fritch Kirby literally glanced over my face with magnifying glasses for about ten seconds and made no further examinations. She proceeded to prescribe Mupirocin to me with a small explanation, and as I made conversation with her about my own knowledge of my skin, things began to escalate. I explained my knowledge of the medication because I am interested in becoming a doctor, and she asked where I was interested in going. I told her, and she immediately chastised two schools as being leftist and the liberal community as incompetent for lack of a better word. She also suggested that I not go into medicine, criticized the President, and continued unprofessionally for quite some time. Needless to say, my time was wasted by her political opinions rather than help for my skin.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2012 | flag

I am a retired medical microbiologist. Went to Dr. Kirby on recommendation of another trusted physician. She is patient, very knowledgeable, gets right to the heart of the problem, and explains her diagnosis clearly.

Submitted June 22, 2011 | flag

Dr. Holly Fritch Kirby has been very knowledgeable, through and pleasant for the last 10 years. She has always effectively treated my skin "disorders" and tends to RX topical concoctions treatments. She is efficent in treating the problem and is not a "pill pusher."

Submitted Sept. 16, 2009 | flag

Dr Holly Fritch-Kirby was unhelpful for the past two visits, and I do not plan to return. After a scheduling miscommunication, I arrived to find the receptionist peeved that I was late, when I was sure I had written down the appointment time and arrived promptly. After graciously coming into my room and asking if I was OK, which I was not, I got the most unhelpful diagnosis. I still have these round things on my face and the prescriptions she writes, my pharmacist friend tells me, are always a bunch of odd concoctions that I will never take to be filled because, I do not believe she was treating what I had appropriately. Thanks but no thanks. She is always going out of town, and guess what, I am too, so I don't dig the "i'm out of town all next week" comments. Hey lady, you aren't the only jet-setter!

Submitted Aug. 19, 2009 | flag

I had to quit seeing her for a couple of yrs. because she had dropped my insurance. I have had melanoma and need the same care and concern that she had given me. When I went to another dr, who ended up messing up my procedure, I went back to pay out of pocket to have her treat me. She now has BCBS back and couldn't be happier. She tells you what you need to hear; with care and concern. She is not pro-health insurance so she will do what she thinks is best for YOU!

Submitted Sept. 4, 2008 | flag

I love this doctor and respect her.She treated me with respect.I had been beyond giving up.She reviewed my charts and found the problem quickly, and provided me with care over a long haul to having more health and medical trust.She apologized if she'd been unable to help on issues out of her area and referred to great doctors who respect her.She's a person I ask if I wanted an honest opinion.It's a very hard climate in which to be a doctor or a patient (both) these days.I think it takes a smart, dedicated, cautiously open person on both sides working together. She's smart and kind.I felt that if I didn't get well, she would still see me to help in areas she could help me in.She took my complex health issues into consideration so as to augment stabilized areas.Going between specialties, that can be hard since some medications can undo the healed areas.I felt I was sinking;she was a lifeline.She's a very real human being and a kind one I think.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2008 | flag

Disappointed twice now. Only went 2nd time b/c she is so highly rated/recommended in the community. 1st time- she had just come back from an international medical mission and seemed perturbed that my condition was just back acne. She actually laughed at a very personal question I asked and told me to look up the answer online. 2nd time, several years later, I gave her another try for facial sun damage & white spots on my shins. She was 45min late for appt and started examining me for acne. She didn't even look at the 4-page paperwork I was required to complete before the visit. On both occasions she failed to answer my questions clearly or concisely.

Submitted May 9, 2007 | flag

She is great, and even though she is not in my insurance plan, I still go to her. I recommend her highly!

Submitted March 5, 2007 | flag