Rate Dr. Isaac C. Chankai

Dr. Isaac C. Chankai's Ratings

He gave me no pre-op exam, didn't even check my vitals...then during the procedure, he couldn't finish, said he needed a thinner guide wire...so why wasn't that wire on hand, he was not prepared for my procedure. He aborted it, then failed to properly bandage the leg, and when I asked that they call for my ride, I was told to go out to the receptionist and ask there...so I walked to reception, stood in line behind two people and by the time I got to the desk, my wound had opened and I started bleeding out. They cleaned me up and sent me on my way without giving me any kind of post op instructions. This doctor does not employ 'Best Practices', it is reckless to do any procedure on a patient without first checking their vitals and the lack of help/concern showed to me by his staff is also endemic to the medical group he is with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2745474].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 10, 2015

Dr. Chankai was wonderfully thorough in his explanations concerning my partial mastectomy. He is very easy to talk to and I never felt rushed or that my questions were not welcome.The staff always calls to let me know if the Dr. will be even 15 minutes late to our appointment. Surgery went very well and I may not even need corrective surgery although about a quarter of the mass of my breast was removed. He was very careful with the lab work, as well, calling me several times to keep me posted and check on me. I can't think how it could have been a better, more caring experience, especially considering the fears of breast cancer underlying the whole event. Dr. Chankai and his staff were just exemplary in their methods of handling a scared patient and their thoroughness with my health issues. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][16320].votes_count ]]