Rate Dr. Mindi E. Cohen

Dr. Mindi E. Cohen's Ratings

Dr. Cohen takes a lot of time to talk issues through and is very caring. The office, however, is horribly run. Phone calls are not returned. There are long waits. It's very difficult to get through on the phone to talk to anyone. I like Dr. Cohen very much but am very frustrated with the front office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1938318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

The people who work in this office are either completely incompetent or completely dishonest. I went in for a routine check up, which is covered 100% by my insurance. The office attempted to charge over $500 for the exam & labs- all routine. I am young and healthy and had no complaints at the appointment. My insurance paid the agreed amount of about $150, and the office has since attempted to charge my 2 SELF FUNDED health accounts for the same services that Aetna has already paid for. It appears that they are trying to double dip to me, or that the staff has no idea what they are doing. As for Dr. Cohen herself-- I have never met her. I only met the medical assistant that drew my blood and a nurse that preformed the exam. Not meeting the doctor doesn't exactly give me the impression that she takes the time to establish a relationship with her patients. I will never return to this medical practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1938319].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Cohen is my new primary care physician and I've seen her 2x. Both times, my experiences were positive. She spent a good amount of time with me on each visit, examined me thoroughly, asked questions, and explained everything to me in such a way that I understood very clearly what is going on with my health. My experiences were positive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1938317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

My 1st visit to Dr cohen was OK. Subsequent visits have been terrible. On2 different occasions i was told i needed to come in to have a scrip refilled. I had had recent blood work from another MD and told them so, but they forced me to make appts, wait for at least an hour, then have Dr. Cohen look at the labs i brought and walk out the door after about 45 seconds. someone else showed up with a scrip. She didn't even ask how I was doing or examine me in any way. The only positive visit I have ever had there was with the NP when i had the flu.Don't be fooled by the initial visit with Dr Cohen. She seems to be up on things, but she clearly can't be bothered to spend a few meaningful moments with her patients after the 1st visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1938316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2010

I had one visit with Dr. Cohen so far. My experience was completely positive. I found her to be very thorough - in terms of my meds, other docs, and medical test workups. The staff was good too. I would recommend her and found nothing negative to report.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1938315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

I could not disagree more with the negative comments on this site. I was seen precisely on time for a 30 min. appointment, and Dr. Cohen was terrific, friendly, and smart. I would recommmend her strongly. Also, her staff was helpful, friendly, and efficient. My wife also saw Dr. Cohen the same morning and had the same positive experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1938314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

dr. cohen-no eye contact, poor clinical technique, never examined me or addressed my concerns about a very recent and moderate rectal bleed. 'high LDL-low fa diet" remeber i told you i have a hx of high LDL and am on a low fat vegan diet. i will leave after one visit before she misdiagnoses me...what if i did have a serious disease and had to rely on someone who doesn't relate to you or even examines you. i won't accept poor medical care

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1938313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2010

From the staff to Dr Cohen, the whole place is in complete chaos. I had to wait for at least an hour before I was shuttled back into the exam room and then proceeded to wait another 10 minutes without any apology or explanation. When I finally did see Dr Cohen, she made no eye contact with me and proceeded to write a script and referral without really reviewing my medical history. While I understand that I am not her only patient, I would have liked a little common courtesy. Very disappointing and I would not recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1938312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2010

terrible office in Rockville. They keep you waiting for at least an hour. Drs. do not follow up with their own recommendations or treatment and misdiagnose and prescribe for inaccurate diagnoses. Dr. Cohen and Dr. Vaser are discourteous, do not listen to patient, do not make eye contact, seldom do exams - just refer you to other doctors and then don't give you the referral name. They are not comprehensive, primary or care as the practice name indicates.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1938311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Staff is really horrible. Once the doctor stood me up for an appt. Her staff said she had to cancel and that they tried to call but had the wrong phone # for me in their file. Recently I needed a blood pressure script refilled. Pharmacy called drs office to get the refill order and was told that they wouldn't refill without new blood work. The problem is her office never let me know (found out through the pharmacy a week later). When I called the doctor's office they said they'd send me the order for the blood work - no apology for not calling me to give me the heads up that they wouldn't refill the script. 2 weeks later I still hadn't received the blood work order. I called them again and they told me they had sent the order to the wrong address. Aside from staff issues I'd have to agree with other reviewers who found the doctor cold. And I've felt like her answers to the two medical issues I've had are to write scripts without a discussion of other alternatives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1938310].votes_count ]]