Dr. Bernard J. Durante

Doctor (MD)

Location:
Plymouth, Massachusetts Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website: plymouthent.com External Link
Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/05/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Bernard J. Durante has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5236654
13/03/14 5 5 5 5 A wonderful compassionate, knowledgeable and conservative (in terms of treatment and safety) ENT who took great care of my daughter.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5197543
20/02/14 5 1 5 5 Waited long but worth it. Very professional and detailed tests  Respond

07/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9
RID: 3585451
24/10/13 1 1 1 1 Durante did a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy to cure my husband's sore throat/heartburn/canker sore issues. When Durante called for a post-surgery follow up, my hus asked me to talk because it hurt a lot to talk. Durante REFUSED to speak to me on the phone, although my hus was next to me, saying "it doesn't hurt that bad, put him on the phone." Shortly after surgery, my hus became ill with ulcerative pharyngitis (canker sores down his throat). Durante did a culture on a TUESDAY & gave penicillin to hopefully cure it. By Friday, my hus couldn't even swallow WATER, but we never heard from the doc, so he called the office. After making him drive there, Durante said "No wonder why penicillin wasn't working, you have staph infection!" We spent 5 days in the hospital with IV fluids & antibiotic cocktail. Now, not only does he STILL have these issues, but he also has a constant stream of phlegm down his throat, which Durante attributes to the surgery. Durante has no other advice, & he plays down his symptoms like he’s a big baby. UNREAL.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2712633
18/07/13 5 3 5 5 I am sorry for the delay in writing this, but I want to express my deep gratitude for finding Dr. Durante and my appreciation for all he has done for me. I sought out a new ENT after my long-time ENT retired suddenly. I feel Dr. Durante has done more for me in less than a year than I had experienced in over 2-1/2 decades. I do feel I received compassionate care and that my previous doctor did all he could and knew for me, and I will always hold great appreciation for that care and for compassion with which I was treated. But Dr. Durante didn't stop until he found a problem related to my hearing loss that I never knew I had. He did the tests, he questioned the results and recommended how to go about doing all in his power to fix it. I don't mourn the time that has gone by; I am just so happy I found Dr. Durante!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2666507
30/05/13 5 4 5 5 Dr Durante and his staff are always helpful, professional and kind with me. I have had nothing but positive experiences there. The tests I have there are really uncomfortable but Dr Durante is so patient with me and works hard to ease my stress and so does his staff.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2653078
20/05/13 4 4 5 5 I am very pleased to have Dr. Durante as my doctor.
Insurance: Aetna