Rate Dr. Mudassir Iqbal

Dr. Mudassir Iqbal's Ratings

Drops Clinents without follow ups. Gives out medication without a plan to reduce them off it caused me to have the worst 10 days of my life!! Couldn't eat for days. Nausated for two weeks. Caused my headaches to increase severly for the entire time I was detoxing off his medication plan after dropping me. Don't recommended him at all!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2739574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Iqbal for about a year. He was very good at explaining my condition and what could be done about it, in a way that I could understand. He didn't try to rush through the visits either but gave me plenty of time to ask questions. He readily made referrals to other specialist's as needed.
My only complaint was that several times I would leave messages at his office on their answering machine, but his staff was very bad at calling me back. I would have to keep calling and be persistent if I really wanted a question answered. They seem to rarely pick up the phone but instead let it go to voice mail. At one point I was uncertain of how much medication I needed to take as I was trying to ramp off a heavy duty drug, but as I couldn't get hold of anyone at his office after several tries, I just followed my pharmacist's recommendation and did it on my own.
As a doctor he is excellent and will be missed very much. I assume he will need to get new office staff in Abbotsford, so that problem should go away.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

I was recently diagnosed with RRMS after suffering for many years with symptoms that were previously misdiagnosed by another local neurologist.
Doctor Iqbal was very thorough and helpful in coming to the correct conclusion of my symptoms and current relapse.
Obviously with a lot to absorb with this new step he has been very supportive and keeps me well informed of how to proceed with treatment and assured me that this is something we are going to tackle together.
It's unfortunate that he is moving his practice to Abbotsford but I have every intention of maintaining my treatment through his office.
Nothing but great things to say of him and anyone who has the benefit of him caring for them is a lucky individual through a difficult transition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709853].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

I was diagnosed with Epilepsy 18 years ago as a child. After seeing a different neurologist in Kamloops, who experimented with my condition, I felt a huge amount of distrust towards him and neurology in general! I continued with my medication but didn't go back to see a specialist for 10 years. I developed a great deal of anxiety around my condition that I did not understand or face until recently. I decided it was time to take charge of my health and I went to see Dr. Iqbal instead of the other neurologist. He was extremely sensitive to my mental health, very factual, and reassuring. He transitioned me to a new medication without any problem. He helped me to better understand my condition and provided me with a great deal of information. He was aware and knowledgeable of other drug and supplement interactions and had a very holistic approach to treatment. He gave me choices and explained them all clearly with professional input and personal experience. He made me feel important and valued and was kind and gentle in his approach. Seeing Dr. Iqbal has truly helped me on my journey of living with a neurological disorder.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2628649].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Our son suffered a brain injury seven years ago due to being struck by a vehicle. Countless visits to doctors of varying specialties left us with more questions than answers. Upon our first visit with Dr. Iqbal; it was apparent that we had finally landed on a doctor that was not only prepared to help us but was prepared to listen as well. His approach to medicine is top notch and he has been able to open doors to further specialists that we were not even aware of. We were made to feel very welcome as soon as we stepped into the reception area. The gal there made us feel at home and at ease. Thank you folks both!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2502994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

Awesome! So caring and helpful! Great staff too!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2494161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

I am in Vernon and have gone to see Dr. Iqbal a number of times which I don't mind, but he was very concerned about the drive. He tried very hard to deal with my chronic headaches and said to come see him if I got worse or was heading that way. He made things sound so casual there which I really liked. Just a down to earth doctor. My husband and I really like him. So far my headaches are not gone but he has helped a lot. He referred me to the pain clinic in Kelowna and I am now trying different things which do help some. Thank you Dr. Iqbal for believing in me and trying to help me as you have done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2471343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr.Iqball for well over a year now. So far I am pain free..

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2186825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Im a typical cowgirl rancher and I don’t do docs. Then my vision and breathing started failing and legs got wobbly fallin around the place. I was seen by emergency docs and eye docs , none knew what was wrong with me and sent me home. Then my doc transferred me to Kamloops and Dr Iqbal saw me in ER. He diagnosed me with miller fischer syndrome right away which is serious and I nearly ended up in ICU. I got my sis to see Dr Iqbal she’s been vomitin every week for yrs and goin to ER for IV’s every week and had no social life. She had every test done under the sky but no answers. Dr Iqbal said she has cyclical vomiting a kinda migraine and has her on Topamax and she’s doing great. Dr Iqbal is cute, funny, down to earth speaks highly of other docs. He is kind and a warm person and knows his stuff. He is my hero and he’s the best

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][19175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

I came to Kamloops to see Dr.Iqbal as I was not happy with my current Neuro in Prince George,have had MS for years but just felt my Dr did not care and never talked to me about it, every time I said something he shook his head and said he had never heard of this symptom before,Dr Iqbal was awesome,he was patient and empathetic and gave me so many options, he wanted to hear what I had to say and answered everything I asked,he was not able to say he could cure me but just having a Dr that understand you and wants to work with you is great,he is the best

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][19174].votes_count ]]