Rate Dr. Douglas A. Dennis

Dr. Douglas A. Dennis's Ratings

Two knee replacements and recently had a part replaced after 15 years. Total confidence in Dr. Dennis and his staff. Highly recommended.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2012 | flag

Dr. Dennis is a very skilled surgeon who has done two joint replacements on my husband and will likely do two more. My husband's condition is complicated by Parkinson's and Dr. Dennis' has successfully adapted his approach to both pre-op and post-op care to accommodate this. Recovery from both surgeries was flawless and the new mobility and pain relief was remarkable.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2011 | flag

This is the most rude, uncaring dr. imaginable . I couldn't even get a return call from his nurse! I flew from Florida to CO 2x to see this Doc. Not only was he out the first time, but the 2nd time CANCELLED my appointment and very CAVALIERLY told me they could see me 5 days down the road; KNOWING I flew in long-distance..for the 2nd time! Although they were aware of all the accidents on the road due to severe snowstorms, he didn't at all care that I was from FL and couldn't drive in that weather. They HAD re-scheduled me to give me time to get there as I was snowed in like everyone!! He apparently is so busy with research and travels, he forgot how to take care of patients!! What good is all this knowledge if you don't care about the person. My husbands patients couldn't believe they did this, knowing WE would come in on our day off to take care of someone in a pickle with a problem. THis DR. really needs to reasssess how he treats people and start practicing MEDICINE again.

Submitted March 29, 2011 | flag

Be careful with this doctor. If you have a post-op issue, he will make up his own diagnosis and ignore professional neurologists' diagnoses. I have neuropathy after knee replacement due to use of the turniquet, yet Dr. Dennis took it upon himself to provide his personal diagnosis..that it was my bad back that causes the problem (physican egos, enough said). He single-handedly undermined my ability to get long-term car insurance. A special call from him to check on me after I had neuropathy? Forget it. He's way too important for that. An ok doc if you don't care about bedside manner and don't care if he cares about you, because he won't. His opinion of himself is much higher than my opinion of him. I recommend Ted Parks at Western Orthopaedics.

Submitted March 2, 2010 | flag