Dr. Marie Bellantoni

Rate Dr. Marie Bellantoni

Dr. Marie Bellantoni's Ratings

I saw Dr. Bellantoni for years. In spite of having obvious symptoms of hypothyroidism, each 6 months, she only ordered TSH w/ reflex (meaning if TSH was off, T4 would be checked). Since my TSH was in the normal range, nothing else was checked. I felt like crap. Went to see another doc who ran a full thyroid panel and my free T4 was quite off. He tweaked the dosage of my meds and I began to feel better almost immediately. I don't understand why Dr. Bellantoni didn't order more thorough blood work when she was well aware of my weight gain, depression, fatigue, mental fuzziness. These are all well documented symptoms of hypothyroidism. She also said that she would endorse surgery if I felt I couldn't stand my goiter any more. She NEVER discussed the risks of the surgery (e.g.: parathyroid impact). Perhaps if I'd said yes, she would have, but why let me think it was a viable option all these years when certainly the risks are not worth it for basically cosmetic surgery.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2012 | flag

My mother has been a patient of dr. bellantoni's for over 10 years. Dr. B is always available to answer our questions and takes time to make sure my mother, age 82, understands everything before we leave the office. she returns calls quickly. when my mother was recently in the hospital dr. b. called and made sure the proper medications were being given. She is a GREAT Doctor.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2011 | flag

She is very thorough at each visit. She compares previous bloodwork with current to verify everything is as it should be and asks questions to assist her in her diagnoses. She pinpointed the correct medication level for my hypothyroidism in the very first visit---and that was after 2 years of extreme fluctuation with my primary care doctor. I feel so much better and many of my original symptoms have abated. I am VERY happy with the wait time and the knowledge and experience she has. I trust her completely.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2011 | flag

I, too, cannot believe what some people said. She was the most knowledgeable, friendly, thorough MD that has addressed my problem. Yes, she talks fast, but that didn't bother me. She brought up many different diagnoses that could have an affect on other problems that I am having, and did thourough testing. I am very greatful that I was steered in her direction and I recommend her to everyone!

Submitted March 24, 2011 | flag

I feel very comfortable with Dr Belantoni, she is very thorough and pleasant. I am confident in her expertise and trust her.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2010 | flag

bright; eccentric, yes, but in a great way; instilled great trust

Submitted Nov. 23, 2008 | flag

Both my daughter and I go to Dr. Bellantoni and have for several years. She is wonderful, knowledgeable and always responds to email and phone calls. She has worked hard to make sure our thyroid levels are normal. The reason she talks fast is that she is extremely smart and her thought pattern is always moving in favor of the patient. Her credentials are exemplary,

Submitted Oct. 17, 2008 | flag

As I read the other ratings I can't believe that they say Dr. Bellantoni, my primary care MD. had no clue as to why my calcum level was so high. I made an appointment with Bellantoni, and she looked at all existing lab work ordered more test then called me with the results. I had para thyroid problems. Set up operation with a great surgon, Zappas. I have never felt more at ease. Dr. Bellantoni took a great deal of time with me and all of my questions were ansered. I found her not only to be a great MD. but a caring and compassionate human. I only regreat that she can 't be my primary care doc. I am over sixty years old and have been to many doctors and Dr. Bellantoni was by far my best experence. Her staff was as good as most in this new health care world. Again I can't believe what the other raters say about her, I am amazed and believe there must have been a mix up. Very very cool Doctor.

Submitted June 12, 2008 | flag

She talked very fast and made me feel rushed. She was not intrested in what I had to say. I could not read her writing. The office was very hard to get in touch with and it would be hours before anyone would call you back. My office visits were dreadful to say the least. we would almost have arguements. If I tried to talk she would cut me off.

Submitted May 23, 2007 | flag

I feel that Dr. Bellantoni is very aggressive and makes me feel very uncomfortable. She is over bearing and does not have a very comforting bed side manner. She seems to have the "I'm the doctor" attitude and doesn't seem very open to patients feelings or concerns.

Submitted March 26, 2007 | flag