Rate Dr. Keith R. Kuhlengel

Dr. Keith R. Kuhlengel's Ratings

I had one surgery by Dr.Kuhlengel 20 yrs ago and 1 last and follow-up was totally different. I am left in EXTREME PAIN with a nerve caught in a broken bone from post-surgery fall w/no help from Doctor Kuhlengel. He broke promises to me. Hospital charged for physical therapy I did not get. He doesn't care about my status post surgery; getting same leg symptoms as prior to surgery; attempted many times to allow him to redeem himself w/no success, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT then when he was younger; has left me in bed with horrendous pain; last follow-up appt. a disaster w/no significant interaction w/Kuhlengel; JUST INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED FROM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SURGEON. BEWARE. Also office staff unfeeling as related in another review so not just my opinion. Have known this surgeon for 20 years and am COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED. hmm maybe burning the candle at both ends so to speak in number of patients...don't know but NOT GOOD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Dr. Kuhlengel is the best Neurosurgeon around. He treats his patient's with respect and takes the time to answer all your questions. I know Dr. Kuhlengel personally as I worked at LNSA and as a patient. I have had 1 neck fusion and a 1 cage put in my neck and 2 low back surgeries. I was never nervous prior to my surgeries because I have complete trust in Dr. K. He is a Christian which made things even better. The ladies who work with Dr. K are also a great help over the phone and when you are in the office. I would and do recommend Dr. Kuhlengel to anyone having neck and back problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677220].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2014

Dr. Kuhlengel did a craniotomy on my daughter after a motor vehicle accident. I have no doubt that he saved her life. Since then, our office visits with Dr. Kuhlengel have been a great experience. He is kind, caring, compassionate, and takes the time to treat us like we are the most important people in his day. I highly recommend Dr. K and his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

Dr Kuhlengel is the most caring and knowledgeable Doctor I have had yet. He did both a neck and spine fusion on me. I am extremely happy with his staff for the after care. The spinal fusion surgery is a tough one but even now I am 7 months out and they make sure everything is taken care of. I want to personally thank everyone involved in my care. Dr Kuhlenengel right up until the surgery was right there with me during my concerns. He is an extremely compassionate man and eased me through 2 very scarey surgies. I have since recommended a few others who have now gone to him. Great job everyone!!!! Christine Keesey

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Dr. Kuhlengel is one of the better Dr's that I have met. He was super nice and very patient with me as I went thru many tests to find out that I was going to need surgery. I feel that he did a great job on my surgery. And I always highly recomend him to other people I know that are in the same situation that I was in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

My initial meeting with Dr. Kuhlengel was in the ER at about 3:00 am. The ER doctor had identified a brain tumor on a CT scan and called him at his home to come in to see me. Obviously, I was an emotional wreck. Dr. Kuhlengel was unbelievable in his willingness to explain not only to me, but to my wife also, everything that was happening. Thankfully, because of the type of tumor, I was a good candidate for surgery. Again, throughout the entire process I was made to feel comfortable and helped to completely understand what was happening. Most importantly of course, is that the surgery was a total success. Six years now since that surgery and I still remember how well I was treated by all in that practice, both before and after the procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2012

Dr. K is excellent, highly recommend. His staff is OK - not the friendliest. Could kind of feel the stress level in the office. Dont know what makes the front desk people so mean as Doctor's offices, but they all seem to be cut from the same mold. Numerous messages to office went unanswered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677215].votes_count ]]