Rate Dr. William L. Gentry

Dr. William L. Gentry's Ratings

I have never been treated so poorly by a nurse as I did when I saw dr. Gentrys nurse Tara. Not only did she give me test results in a HALLWAY but she was extremely belittling and unprofessional. I cannot believe that someone who works in such a sensitive area of medicine can be so cruel. We never returned after that awful day and never will.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Gentry for a short period of time. Dr. Gentry himself is very kind; however not very present. I only seen him briefly my first visit; his nurse Tara has been managing my care since. I am on a clomid, HCG trigger, IUI regimen. Tara is not very good an answering question; not that she in unwilling or unknowlwdgable but her bedside manner is poor. Also the office is not very good at returning calls and you basically have to badger them. Also I had my beta HCG test the Friday prior to a holiday weekend and they state they would call with results that day but did not so I had to wait not only the entire weekend but also that Monday before I could get my results on Tuesday.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2407452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

We have been going to Dr. Gentry for about three months now. I have nothing to say but wonderful things about Dr. Gentry AND his staff!! They are so kind, understanding and prompt when returning calls. I would recommend this office 10x over :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2407451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

My husband and I had our first appointment with Dr.Gentry at his Evansville IN office. It's a 2 hr drive from our home. The staff are very very kind and Dr.Gentry is an absolute sweetheart! My husband had a sperm analysis done that day and I had my blood work done. My husband got his results the very next day which is when they told us we would. However I was told my results would take 3-4 days. I haven't heard anything back yet and its been 7 business days. I have called and left 3 messages to please call me...No one has returned my call. This isn't to find out if I have a cold or the flu, this is to get me started on medication's if I need them to have a baby. Having to go about IVF is hard enough, but to wait and wait for a phone call to be returned is like a slap in the face.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677698].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

I saw Dr Gentry and his Nurse one time. I'm a patient of Dr henry's and was having horrible cramping so they saw me right away but i had to see Gentry because doctor Henry was out of town. HORRIBLE! he came in during the ultrasound to make sure the baby was ok and left the door open? His nurse following him had to shut it. His nurse is rude! megan no longer works in the office and his nurse now helps Dr. henry with IVF. We are no longer going to go with Dr. Henry because Dr. Gentry's horrible nurse now assists with IVF.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2013

I began seeing Dr.Gentry 4-5 months ago. I am very dissapointed in the care I have received. Dr. Gentry is very friendly and knowledgeable with his patients. Unfortunately you have to deal with his staff the majority of the time. They only have one nurse, Tara who deals with all the patients. They need more staff desperately. I went in for an IUI and ended up waiting 2 hours from the schelduled time. They are always running behind and do not return calls promptly at all! It is very frustrating to be waiting all day for a phone call that is so important. Kristy at the front desk is rude and also makes people feel stupid when asking questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2013

The Dr. is getting close to 70 years old and has just lost his touch. The Evansville location is very poorly staffed with very insensitive and lazy employees. Takes multiple phone calls and messages left before they may or may not return your call. Ths process of wanting a child and not being able to have one are very deep sensitive feelings of loss and inadequacey for those trying to concieve. Dr. Gentrys staff is very callous and cold and treats you like you are there for a hang nail not a life altering event.When I last visited the office had an infestion of mice and they had dies in tha walls of the office and it semlled so bad they had candles lit all over the place to hide the odor. I also saw the a nurse holding a pet dog and didnt get off her chair to help anyone she was worried about the dog.The dog had urinated by the desk by the nurse holding it. A dog and mice in a medical facility soemthing doesnt sound very sterile here. After a year of this doctor we are leaving.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

Unprofessional & Unsanitary! I do not have one good thing to say about this doctor. It was an upsetting and humiliating experience. Do not go to this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

The nurse called to tell me that IVF was our only option. Obviously I lost it. She left me in tears on the phone, saying she'd call back in a few days. It's been over a month and they've never called. Not acceptable. It's a hard enough time as it is, without someone making it worse.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677693].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

Visiting Dr. Gentry in his indy office can be a long process.They are usually running behind.But when you meet Dr.G you figure out why.He is very personible and will spend all the time you need to get your answers.He's probally the nicest doctor you'll ever find.It took time ,patients and lots of money but we have a healthy baby boy.He told us many times he does his part ,we do ours,and the rest is up to GOD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][677692].votes_count ]]