Rate Dr. Kathy Pratt

Dr. Kathy Pratt's Ratings

Dr.Pratt herself is very helpful and considerate...however there is one receptionist that is very rude at times and is a disservice to Dr. Pratt...she should be placed on the other side of the situation and see how she would respond to being treated the same way she treats patients now...my wife and I live an hour and a half from Sarnia and drove in for an appointment only to find the office closed...turned around and returned home...now sitting and waiting for a phone call to book another appt. waited 2 months for this appt. see how thoughtful they are when they call...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1940712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2012

Dr. Pratt was excellent to deal with before my stapled hemroidectomy, explaining the procedures and what the recovery time should be. More time needs spent going over  possible complications though.  I called her office 2 days after the surgery because of acute pain and spoke with the receptionist whom was extremely rude and told me that I wasn't Dr. Pratts only patient and that I should go to the hospital ER. This happened several times and both receptionist were extremely rude and unprofessional. I took time off work to go to an appt. and when I arrived the receptionist told me she called my cell phone earlier and left a message that it had been canceled. To that effect (1st time in two yrs my iPhone didn't record a message or showed  a missed caller).  Next visit I arrived 10m early and waited approx 11/2 hrs while they took in patients that arrived after me. I  overheard the other recp ask if it was my turn next, her reply was " cough, cough,  you know the drill". Unprofessional!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1940711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2012

She is a very busy doctor but knows her stuff, she has saved my life more than once, she is dedicated to her patients, she listens. I trust her with my health. One of the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1940710].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2011

Excellent surgeon. truly cared about me and my problems. Was booked for my procedure within one week and follow up was within 2. Totally recommend

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1940709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2010

First went to see this Dr for a hemmorroidectomy. My first appt was cancelled. Booked for surgery and was cancelled and rebooked a week later unknowingly. Had problems and could not get a hold of her. Although the internal was done, I now had to have the external ones removed. Had first surgery cancelled while I was in the room waiting in day surgery. Surgery was for 2 and was cancelled at 1. Re booked for a month later as I wanted to give my work time to prepare for me being off. Went for my next pre admit and was told I was bumped to the next week. Went for my surgery and again was cancelled at the time of my surgery. Both times I had to take time off work, buy and do the prep work. I lost my 3 days of bonus days because of the extra time I had to take off for missed appointments and cancellations. Who pays for that! Her office is rude and unprofessional. I will never go back to her again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1940708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

She was very helpful on my first visit. Got into my colonoscopy in one week. However, the sedative didn't take and I was awake and couldn't stop moving from the pain. Was scolded by her throughout the procedure, no time was given to let me rest and let the medicine work. She left after I was done without speaking with me. I was feeling nauseaus and they tried calling her but she never returned their call.Staff forgot to order CT Scan. It took them two weeks to return my call to advise me that they had forgotten it. They cancelled my follow up appointment cause they forgot the scan. That appt. was resched. for a month later. They cancelled that. They never return phone calls. Doctor went on vacation and than told me my appts were cancelled cause she was behind on surgeries. My Ct Scan found a lesion on my liver, but they have yet to follow up with me on it. My family doctor has been more helpful, would not return and can't recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1940707].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2009

My Father went in for day surgery about four years ago for his gallbladder. She cut his bile duct and he was rushed to London to save his life... It took a year for the damage to take it's toll and start showing with a bile duct blockage from scar tissue. He has been to London numerous times with them trying different things to reverse the damage caused by this doctor. He had forty percent of his liver removed due to the damage the bile duct caused. His condition contiues to worsen and he is all jaundice, dropping weight etc and a healthy sixty five year old is now on the liver transplant list because of her... As his oldest son I am now under pressure to consider a risky live donor liver transplant operation or risk my father passing away while waiting for a donor. At least she showed up at his door with flowers after the original surgery... maybe she can do the same at the funeral.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1940706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

Takes months and in some cases a year and a half to see her. She has to prioritize her patients. I just wonder if this has resulted in some bad conclusions where time would have made a difference in treatment. In my case I was OK.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1940705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

I was so happy with Dr. Pratt 4 years ago,that I have my next colonoscopy booked with her for the Fall, even though I have since moved to Guelph. She made me feel very relaxed and answered all my questions about colon cancer, which runs in my family. I have recommended her to all my friendsand will continue to doso.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1940704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

I find Dr. Pratt to be very knowledgeable and caring. I've even seen her in the grocery store and she stopped to ask me how I was doing and she also called to check on me at home after one of my procedures. She always gives you as much time in the office as required to explain everything and answer questions. This does throw the appointment schedule behind but well worth it in my opinion. I have found that some of the booking problems are due to staffing issues in her office. With my last colonoscopy I had all the prep paper work and a procedure date set, I thought, but it turned out that one of the office staff hadn't actually booked it. As for operating room time, she only gets so much, so obviously the most serious cases get priority. Overall she's the best doctor I've had to deal with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1940703].votes_count ]]