You may also like

Rate Dr. Zamil Karim

Dr. Zamil Karim's Ratings

Wonderful! Really advocated for my mother and got her the medicine she needed for her liver disease. Thoughtful and kind. I kno he saved her life, thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

This Doctor does not have what it takes to be a Gastroenterologist. Dr Karim needs to go back to school. I met with him and he was not being serious with my health issues. I saw another Gastroenterologist he was amazing did every test to find out my issue ands he did and I am now on pills which have been helping me very much. Dr Karim No test your fine it's normal what's that un real.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2769404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I had to see multiple other specialists who couldnt figure out why i was suffering with pain and diarrhea, but Dr. karim took the time to investigate and listen to my symptoms. He didnt give up and eventually found i have an extremely rare disease that no one else thought of. i'm on treatment now and have my life back. A smart young doctor, very thorough and up to date .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2716181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I don't frequently leave reviews for doctors, but when I do it's because there is something exceptional. Here the exceptional is, unfortunately, bad.

Dr. Karim had me diagnosed within 10 minutes of seeing me. I will give him credit for listening to what I had to say, but the fact that he had already dismissed me before I even opened my mouth negated anything else.

I came to see him because of how severe my stomach problems had become, I had severe difficulties in eating or doing anything, and while he agreed to do a scope to rule out an ulcer, which I was sure I had due to the symptoms and pain, he didn't even consider a diagnosis beyond "Functional Dyspepsia".

Once I had the scope, which he did a terrible job at and caused me weeks of throat pain (something I'd never experienced from other scopes I've had in the past) and confirmed it was clear, I went back to see him being in worse pain and having even worse discomfort only to have him tell me that everything "looked fine" and that I should feel comforted that it wasn't anything serious. While I am grateful that it wasn't an ulcer or a tumor, I'd state pretty emphatically that barely being able to eat and having 24/7 severe reflux isn't "serious". I tried everything known to man with regards to treating functional dyspepsia, from medication he suggested to significant dietary changes and even though I found absolutely no resolution from my symptoms, I still walked out of his office with no other answers, just ANOTHER pamphlet on FD.

It's been a few months since I last saw him and my problems have gotten progressively worse. I'm desperately trying to get another referral, and wasted easily half a year waiting to see him.

I'm sure for simple, straightforward stuff he's a great doctor, but if things are a bit complex or off the beaten path he seems to be useless. I just wish I hadn't wasted my time getting referred to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2668003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2015

Excellent all-around doctor!!! Caring, knowledgeable, and thoroughly prepared in a patient's medical history before they enter his office. I have seen too many unprofessional and uncaring doctors who are too lazy to prepare beforehand and skim through the patient's file while talking to them. And since multitasking is a myth, they and up missing or undervaluing much essential, medical info. You will never have to worry about this with Dr. Karim!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2616950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

Dr.Karim is very thorough and knowledgeable. I was very impressed with his methods to prepare you for colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures. Makes you feel cared for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594157].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2014

An amazing doc with the knowledge and bedside manner that makes you feel cared for and empowered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

His office changed my apt and said to come at 11 am at 1045 I arrived for the sigmoidoscopy and waited over 2 hours and told I was an add on. Sorry but that's really bad and my time is more valuable than being wasted by idiots

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2471459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2014

He is very caring doctor. Highly recommended . Do not waste your time finding any other doctor. He is well educated . Really impressed by the service. Keep it up !!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2189080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

Dr Karim is a caring, thorough specialist. I received follow up calls from him directly, and after I started on my medications he was very invovled in the treatment plan and assessment to make sure the treatment was working and that I was doing well. His practice is now getting busier, so he is less available, and wait times will be longer, but he is worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][21944].votes_count ]]