Rate Dr. Steven D. Coupens

Dr. Steven D. Coupens's Ratings

Excellant job took time to listen to problem of elbow pain, answered question completely. Ended up having surgery on elbow no complications with surgery, staff put cast on way to tight had to have removed a few days later and replaced which cost extra dollars, can not see incision site today would recommend highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][678872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

He has done 3 surgeries on my left knee. Ended up replacing it in 2003. This year he did surgery on my right knee, will have to have it replaced at some point. He is the only Dr. I would have do it. He is very forward and tells you like it is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][678871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2012

I had rotator cuff repair Told it would be "mini" incision, that the "old way was with large incision was no longer done. My husband is a physician and asked if there were more extensive damage to tendons. He and my friend were told that there were no other problems. The surgery took all of 45 minutes. He had another case scheduled 15 minutes after mine was completed. Next day when bandage was removed there was a 4 INCH incision down the middle of my arm. He was surprised when I was upset. No way of hiding it. I look like I've been in a car wreck.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][678870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2012

Had no time for explanation of my scope, didn't learn extent until I saw my family dr. who had received a copy of surgery. May be intelligent, but had NO time to relate to patients. Nurse is not friendly. He is on time but only spends max 5 minutes with me each visit. Would not recommend. Wants to schedule me for surgery, both knees each time I am there although am trying to prolong surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][678869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Rushed around. Didn't listen to full extent of issues. Nice guy, but would not ever go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][678868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2011

Very short wait to schedule appt. Brought my son & husband in at same time. Took care of my son & got him squared away with a knee brace. Looked at my husbands MRI's & told him to pick a surgery date. This would be the only fix for torn MCL, ACL & cartilage tears. Had surgery 1 week later & got rid of crutches 4 days after that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][678867].votes_count ]]