Dr. Lindsay Barnes

Dr. Lindsay Barnes

Rate Dr. Lindsay Barnes

Dr. Lindsay Barnes's Ratings

From my first appointment with Lindsay, I had a hard time connecting with her. I didn't get the reassurance from her that I needed, on multiple occasions. She was friendly and seemed knowledgeable at times, but by the end of my pregnancy I had some anxiety about Lindsay being on call when I went into labour. In the end, Lindsay was not the midwife to deliver my baby. Overall I felt that Lindsay did an ok job with my prenatal care, but she lacked the level or professionalism and reassurance-giving that I would have wanted during labour and delivery.

Submitted March 21, 2014 | flag

Lindsay delivered my two children and she knew exactly when to bring me into the hospital for the delivery of my second child when I thought it was too early! She knew the signs that I was going to deliver quickly and she met me at the hospital and helped me through a very intense and quick birth. She always provided professional care and answered all our questions thoroughly. For the first baby, she helped my daughter with her latching problems and made breastfeeding my second child that much easier. I would definitely recommend her services and since my husband and I have completed out family we are going to miss seeing her friendly face at our clinic visits.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2013 | flag

Unfortunately Lindsay was on call when my baby decided to be born. It was happening 3 weeks before my due date and Lindsay from the beginning was trying to convince me over the phone that I am not in labor yet. She never made the trip to check on me as it turned out she was at another birth nor she made a call to another midwife to do so. I was laboring at home with my doula and was getting ready for a home birth. When my waters finally broke Lindsay realized that I must be in labor but could not come for another an hour and a half and still she did not make a call for the back up. When she finally arrived I was ready to push but then she announced that the baby is breach and we had to quickly transfer to the hospital where I had an emergency C-section. This was a very traumatic experience mostly because of Lindsay's lack of professionalism, knowledge, support and understanding. I truly believe Lindsay is not capable of caring for a pregnant and/or laboring woman.

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

Lindsay provided thoughtful, dedicated, and professional care. She was my primary caregiver during my home water birth and took part in the most memorable moment in my life. I felt safe, and well-understood. What I appreciated most was my post-partum care. I had a difficult time nursing and she put in a lot of effort and caring to ensure that my baby and I were able to have a healthy nursing relationship. Lindsay also spent time interacting with my 4 year old son and my husband, and included them during my appointments so that they felt like they were part of the family in the exciting adventure of welcoming our baby into the world. I would definitely recommend Lindsay as a midwife. In fact, I am sad that we're not planning any more children because that means she won't be providing care for our family any more! My experience with Lindsay was positive, enjoyable, and memorable.

Submitted June 12, 2013 | flag

After interviewing two other midwife clinics, I ultimately decided to go with Beautiful Babies and was very happy with my decision. Lindsay always took the time to answer all of my first time mom questions with patience and good humour. I had chosen to deliver in a hospital and the OB on call was not very supportive of midwives and I was starting to get very nervous. Lindsay was very calming and reassuring through the entire delivery. I had wanted a drug free birth, but my daughter had other ideas. Lindsay was very reassuring and supportive of my decision to have an epidural and Pitocin. After my birth, she was very helpful with our initial breastfeeding issues, visiting multiple times and being available at any time to run interference with formula happy nurses. I would, and have, recommended Lindsay and her clinic to friends and family members. I was very happy with our quality of care from 6 weeks pregnant to 6 weeks post partum.

Submitted May 3, 2013 | flag

Lindsay was the midwife on call for my birth. Overall I would rate my experience as average. My husband and I found Lindsay to be kind and friendly. This was my second birth with a midwife. My first pregnancy was with sage midwifery. Beautiful babies care was not as thorough or as informative as I found sage midwifery to be. Beautiful Babies is a smaller office with 2 midwifes and no receptionist, I think that needs to be taken into consideration. with my first birth the midwife did not leave the room until long after the baby was born. With my second birth Lindsay was in and out and sometimes hard to find until we were close to pushing. My husband did mention he felt Lindsay to be distracted for much of my labour, however I did feel like the care we were given was good. The nurse at the hospital looked after many of the details I had expected Lindsay to take care of(based on my first experience). The overall care Lindsay gave was good And I think she has room to improve as we all do.

Submitted April 30, 2013 | flag

Lindsay was the midwife on call when my labour was induced at the hospital. She was not with me while they were doing monitoring and did not participate in the decision to induce me. The whole induction process was a logistical nightmare. When Lindsay was there, she was unprofessional; she was easily upset & talking about her own personal 'stuff' rather than focusing on how to create a great birth experience. She continued to tell me to take pain meds & tell me that I was in pain; even when I said I was fine & not interested. I wish I had fired her in the middle of my birth, once it was clear what she was really like. My husband and I had experienced several problems with her during visits, but thought that we were able to handle it. Clearly not the case. She had trouble talking about sex, issues with nudity; not to mention I disagree with how she handled the birth itself.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2013 | flag