Dr. Lindsay Barnes

You may also like

Rate Dr. Lindsay Barnes

Dr. Lindsay Barnes's Ratings

We had a terrible experience with Lindsay and would definitely NOT recommend her. Unfortunately, it was our first baby and didn't have much to compare to. The night I went into labor and made the call to the midwife, we were surprised that a student answered and was coaching us through. This student would then say she would call us back after consulting with the senior midwife who was Lindsay. Long story short, we kept being told I was in early labor each time we called - no home visit to assess at all was even mentioned. The final call we made, I think both the student and Lindsay both realized that I was way further along and told us to rush to the hospital and they would meet us there. The care ride was excruciating and I was 8cm dilated when we arrived. I pushed for 2.5 hours when finally Lindsay stepped in and called in a doctor. Lindsay and the student were both completely absent in my labor - we felt alone and confused. Lindsay was standing way over to the side on her phone off and on - it was shocking and very upsetting. They cleaned up no mess as things were happening and there was no motivation or coaching AT ALL! Our baby turned out to be a forcep delivery. When Lindsay visited us at the hospital she was extremely rushed and not personal at all. It was a very unfortunate experience because of Lindsay and her lack or professionalism, care, support and sensitivity. She was in another world every time we saw her. I do not blame the student who was training - I blame Lindsay.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2755864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Lindsay "took care" of me during my pregnancy, but luckily wasn't on call the night I went into labour. It was at times laughable how unprofessional she was and I never truly felt like she cared about me or my birth experience. She's completely unorganized, never on time and even at the end of my pregnancy did not know my name without referencing her notes (made it awkward the day she grabbed the wrong notes). I don't consider myself a high maintenance or sensitive client, but would strongly recommend against using Lindsay.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2742868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

I was so disappointed to find out Lindsay was my midwife for my delivery. I had hope Tamara would be the one on call but my son decided to be 9 days late. Tamara was on holidays and Lindsay was delivering and doing the appointments. I have nothing positive to say about my experience with Lindsay. In meetings pre and post labour she would often ask me a question and then 5 mins ask me again as if she was not paying attention to what she was doing. She was very unattentive during my labour (she sat a read a book while I was in labour), when labour went late into the night she complained about how she had appointments in the morning, she argued with the nurses and seemed to be very distracted at times. She checked me and told me I was ready to push. I pushed for 30 mins and then she checked again and I was not fully dilated. She got mad at me for not pushing right (the next day she did apologize if she was hard on me). I ended up having a emergency C-section. I ended up getting a infection from the C-section and spent 10days in the hospital twice a day getting IV antibiotics. I missed out on the first 3 weeks of my sons life recovering. I truly feel if I had had a different midwife I would have a much better labour experience.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2679934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

From my first appointment with Lindsay, I had a hard time connecting with her. I didn't get the reassurance from her that I needed, on multiple occasions. She was friendly and seemed knowledgeable at times, but by the end of my pregnancy I had some anxiety about Lindsay being on call when I went into labour. In the end, Lindsay was not the midwife to deliver my baby. Overall I felt that Lindsay did an ok job with my prenatal care, but she lacked the level or professionalism and reassurance-giving that I would have wanted during labour and delivery.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][27456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

Lindsay delivered my two children and she knew exactly when to bring me into the hospital for the delivery of my second child when I thought it was too early! She knew the signs that I was going to deliver quickly and she met me at the hospital and helped me through a very intense and quick birth. She always provided professional care and answered all our questions thoroughly. For the first baby, she helped my daughter with her latching problems and made breastfeeding my second child that much easier. I would definitely recommend her services and since my husband and I have completed out family we are going to miss seeing her friendly face at our clinic visits.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][27455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2013

Unfortunately Lindsay was on call when my baby decided to be born. It was happening 3 weeks before my due date and Lindsay from the beginning was trying to convince me over the phone that I am not in labor yet. She never made the trip to check on me as it turned out she was at another birth nor she made a call to another midwife to do so. I was laboring at home with my doula and was getting ready for a home birth. When my waters finally broke Lindsay realized that I must be in labor but could not come for another an hour and a half and still she did not make a call for the back up. When she finally arrived I was ready to push but then she announced that the baby is breach and we had to quickly transfer to the hospital where I had an emergency C-section. This was a very traumatic experience mostly because of Lindsay's lack of professionalism, knowledge, support and understanding. I truly believe Lindsay is not capable of caring for a pregnant and/or laboring woman.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][27458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Lindsay provided thoughtful, dedicated, and professional care. She was my primary caregiver during my home water birth and took part in the most memorable moment in my life. I felt safe, and well-understood. What I appreciated most was my post-partum care. I had a difficult time nursing and she put in a lot of effort and caring to ensure that my baby and I were able to have a healthy nursing relationship. Lindsay also spent time interacting with my 4 year old son and my husband, and included them during my appointments so that they felt like they were part of the family in the exciting adventure of welcoming our baby into the world. I would definitely recommend Lindsay as a midwife. In fact, I am sad that we're not planning any more children because that means she won't be providing care for our family any more! My experience with Lindsay was positive, enjoyable, and memorable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][27454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

After interviewing two other midwife clinics, I ultimately decided to go with Beautiful Babies and was very happy with my decision. Lindsay always took the time to answer all of my first time mom questions with patience and good humour. I had chosen to deliver in a hospital and the OB on call was not very supportive of midwives and I was starting to get very nervous. Lindsay was very calming and reassuring through the entire delivery. I had wanted a drug free birth, but my daughter had other ideas. Lindsay was very reassuring and supportive of my decision to have an epidural and Pitocin. After my birth, she was very helpful with our initial breastfeeding issues, visiting multiple times and being available at any time to run interference with formula happy nurses. I would, and have, recommended Lindsay and her clinic to friends and family members. I was very happy with our quality of care from 6 weeks pregnant to 6 weeks post partum.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][27453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

Lindsay was the midwife on call for my birth. Overall I would rate my experience as average. My husband and I found Lindsay to be kind and friendly. This was my second birth with a midwife. My first pregnancy was with sage midwifery. Beautiful babies care was not as thorough or as informative as I found sage midwifery to be. Beautiful Babies is a smaller office with 2 midwifes and no receptionist, I think that needs to be taken into consideration. with my first birth the midwife did not leave the room until long after the baby was born. With my second birth Lindsay was in and out and sometimes hard to find until we were close to pushing. My husband did mention he felt Lindsay to be distracted for much of my labour, however I did feel like the care we were given was good. The nurse at the hospital looked after many of the details I had expected Lindsay to take care of(based on my first experience). The overall care Lindsay gave was good And I think she has room to improve as we all do.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][27452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Lindsay was the midwife on call when my labour was induced at the hospital. She was not with me while they were doing monitoring and did not participate in the decision to induce me. The whole induction process was a logistical nightmare. When Lindsay was there, she was unprofessional; she was easily upset & talking about her own personal 'stuff' rather than focusing on how to create a great birth experience. She continued to tell me to take pain meds & tell me that I was in pain; even when I said I was fine & not interested. I wish I had fired her in the middle of my birth, once it was clear what she was really like. My husband and I had experienced several problems with her during visits, but thought that we were able to handle it. Clearly not the case. She had trouble talking about sex, issues with nudity; not to mention I disagree with how she handled the birth itself.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][27457].votes_count ]]