Rate Dr. Brian J. MacLean

Dr. Brian J. MacLean's Ratings

Very knowledgeable an understanding. Never rushes you or cuts you off, willing to spend the time to listen to you. More than willing to meet in public as well as the office, an is there with you to try the different tools taught to deal with my PTSD in public, as a support if needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Dr. MacLean by far is one of the most professional, knowledgeable down to earth psychologists I have met. He's been my dr for approx 5 yrs.I was diagnosed with PTSD, (major) depression, anxiety and agoraphobia just to mention a few of my medical issues through military service. I have pretty much been seeing him on a weekly basis. He totally understands my issues and he has helped me in more ways then one, to understand and how to live with my conditions. I always look forward to seeing him. I have never in my life had a professional go out of his way to see me/help me, when I'm at my worst. Not always, do I go to his office for our sessions, we also go off-site just so he can teach me and show me how to live with my conditions and not to allow my inner Demons to control my life.He treats you a human being and like a friend (in a professional sense). He's not like some Drs. that just spend there allowable time limit with you. With him, there is no time limit. He makes time for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Dr. Maclean is one of those professionals who really make that word reflect what he represents. After suffering for many years with PTSD and OSI, it was he who helped me both recognize it and move forward with my life. Always the professional’s professional, he takes the time to listen and involve you in the process of both self-realization while encouraging you to keep your dignity and pride and believing in yourself. He has to date helped me become more like the man I used to be, while not interfering with my growth and my moving forward in life. The ease to which he makes one feel while working one on one is nothing short than fantastic and his own personality shines through so you do not get that “clinical” feeling when speaking with him, it is more to me like a caring friend who seems to have most if not all the answers. I would and will recommend Dr. Maclean to anyone who needs to he heard in finding their own path to success and to whom they need to be once again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I am a retired member of the RCMP. I was first diagnosed with PTSD in 1985, following an on duty serious life threatening, life altering injury. At that time no one, including most doctors or myself were aware of PTSD or the serious implications it would have on my life. As a result my physical injuries were treated but PTSD was not. After retirement in 1995 Veterans Affairs started to take an interest in my mental state. But it was not until 2011 when a Veteran’s Affairs councilor suggested I go to Malcolm and Associates. I have been seeing Doctor Brian Maclean for the past three years. Doctor Maclean is compassionate and very easy to speak to. I feel that he understands the issues surrounding the police culture and PTSD. He has taken a personal interest and responsibility to address my PTSD. Although the condition will never disappear, he has provided me with tools and a different mindset to help me deal with this condition. I feel my life and mental state is improving. My wife is happier. Happy wife, happy life

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I have been Dr. Maclean's patient for just over a year now. He has been instrumental in guiding me in recovery from PTSD from my service in the RCMP. I came to Dr. Maclean for help after taking a medical discharge from a 20 year career, a failed marriage & major depression. Dr. Maclean accepted me for where I was at and encouraged me that life could get better & I am glad to say that his help has been instrumental in my continuing health goals. Brian has been very gentle in his approach but has also been very good at challenging me in a friendly manner when I have needed it. He has truly come along side me and has been more of a coach than a counsellor and has encouraged me through both tears and laughs. Dr. Maclean is very knowledgeable in his craft & the advances I have made in my mental and physical health attest to that. I would recommend his services to anyone seeking a Psychologist who is able and willing to really get to know you and take a true stake in your well being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

What can I say..in my opinion the most intelligent, caring, helpful individual I may have ever met in my life, sincerely. After dealing with PTSD for many years I struggled in most areas of my life with pain and pretty severe anxiety, not able to feel comfortable taking my daughter anywhere and not able to even leave my home at times. I had seen countless therapists before seeing Dr. Maclean and after a long tough year and a half of therapy and a severe desire to stay stuck on everything that is wrong with me his patience, awareness and methods have helped me to pull through. I can now take my daughter out, I can now walk up to strangers, I can be in pain and not let it affect me as much as I used to, I am in school now and I deal with issues much more gracefully than I used to. He is really the best in my eyes..he has a great sense of humor as well and tends to use it wisely..look no further! And the staff at Malcolm and Associates Rock :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. Brian MacLean is a very caring, compassionate Psychologist. I have been diagnosed with severe PTSD; severe enough that it ruined my family & left me feeling afraid to even drive a car. It is a direct result of his encouragement, exercises and ongoing treatment that my life is turning out as well as it is. Since I started under his care I have gotten engaged & married, reconnected with my children, & felt empowered enough to pursue & fulfill the dream that I have had for over 40 years. I realize that recovery is very long road but with Dr. MacLean's assistance I have been shown positively that life is possible after trauma.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Congenial, judicious, and highly knowledgeable, Dr. MacLean is an astounding psychologist. He is always able to sense the direction in which to steer a session while simultaneously respecting your own autonomy. His cosmic humor, as one review comment mentioned, is truly a gift to those who are timid.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

Dr. MacLean is a wonderful, helpful and caring professional. Very comfortable sessions, no surprises and easy to book with. Added to his excellent care is the state of the art technology used in his practice. I am very pleased with his services and happy I discovered him. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Dr. MacLean is an absolutely incredible psychologist. I would highly recommend anyone to go see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][27459].votes_count ]]