Rate Dr. Brian J. MacLean

Dr. Brian J. MacLean's Ratings

Pls doc. Tell me who a guy like me a injured combat vet, canadian has been a guinipig since 2003 with meds of all sorts and still I can't find someone in your profession I can trust. I am a canadian and its a very big risk putting your brain in another's hands. I know this now. And still they can't figure anything out.
And I know all the stuff like the importance of a therapist and so on.
This is a major issue for myself and other vets that keep dropping like flies.
I am jealous of your patience.
And good on you for doing your job correctly. Hopefully others in your profession catch on.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Brian (letting us call him by his first name has made the relationship that much easier and more relaxed) has been working with my brain-damaged daughter for about 10 years off and on. Through neurofeedback and talk therapy, he moved her from an angry, stressed individual to a well-functioning independent and unique person. Recently she had a relapse following the death of her father and a difficult summer and we have returned to treatment, knowing how effective it was in the past. We cannot recommend Dr. MacLean more highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2014

I began seeing Dr Maclean after the most difficult and stressful time in my life. Brian helped me deal with my stress and cope with the aftermath of my poor decision making. Brian Listened to what I said and was empathetic. I had never been to therapy or counseling or any kind of help for my mental health, and Brian was very welcoming and understanding of any reservations that I had. looking back, If not for Brian's caring, compassion and understanding of my situation I don't know how things would have turned out for me. If someone was ever looking for a professional Psychologist that had friendly staff and makes time to work with your schedule and really help with any problems or issues you may have I would recommend Brian MacLean a hundred time over.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2560685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Saw Dr. MacLean over the summer of 2014 about issues both personal and professional. I can say this about Dr. MacLean: His manner is calm, and understated, and he guides your conversation with subtle prompts that lead to profound insights. Many times it was only later after our visit that I would realize just how meaningful and applicable our discussion had been. He does not impose. He rather allows you to arrive at conclusions that are right for you under his guidance and by means of helpful feedback. My wife has urged me to continue with Dr. MacLaean because of how our marriage has improved since I began to see him, and my relationships with colleagues and students has improved in ways that I never expected. (I also like his receptionist, by the way. An exceedingly kind and helpful woman.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

The previous comments say it all quite well. I am ex-military with major depression and PTSD, and I strongly recommend Dr. Brian Maclean. The most helpful, understanding and personable doctor I have seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

There are a lot of great reviews here and I agree with each and every one of them.
To keep it short, I went undiagnosed for a variety of issues following an MVA almost 5 years ago. Dr.Maclean has been my saving grace and has single handedly helped me overcome certain hurdles when it felt like no one else was helping.

In all, he is a fantastic doctor and sees you as a person not as a problem to fix.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

I was happy to have met a person like Dr. MacLean. After a few appointments I found that he had assisted in steering my life upward and in the right direction. We spoke about nutrition, exercise, and mindfulness. He introduced the concept of self - regulation and personal responsibility. He really got "things" going. No longer could I be considered lost. I will always appreciate Him for this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2471620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2014

Dr. Brian MacLean is an amazing man. Every time I see him, it feels like I am seeing a friend. He is very professional, always attacking (analyzing my answers and gives constructive feedback) my problem(s) with accuracy. He is very respectful of my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that I read my Holy Bible daily, never once has he discouraged me from the word of God. He has helped me immensely up to this date from when I first started seeing him in 2012. We all have unique mental health issues, and I feel that Dr. MacLean assess' each of them according to my personal triggers. He does not help me with a generic form. I am great full to have him as my doctor. One other note, the office staff are great people, always cheerful when checking in, comforting to talk with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr.MacLean has been unbelievable. i hit a sort of rock bottom a year ago with depression and anxiety and i have zero doubts that if it wasnt for my sessions with Dr. MacLean i wouldnt be doing as well as i am now. im back on track with my life and its all thanks to him. he helped me to be able to focus and study again. he helped ,y take back control. he is incredibly easy to talk to and has the knowledge and personal experience to back up what he tells you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190225].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

As someone with a PhD and extensive experience with the health care system I feel well positioned ro recommend Dr. Maclean. I was involved in a MVA 14 years ago and have struggled with symptoms of a mild traumatic brain injury since that time. As a result of my injuries I have been exposed to a wide range of treatment professionals of varying skill levels. Dr. Maclean provided me with neuro-feedback and counselling for an extended period of time. Brian exhibits a remarkable understanding of the human mind and is incredibly skilled at helping clients understand and deal with a broad range of issues that arise. Brian also understands that there are no silver bullets and that different approaches will work best with different clients and issues. This understanding and approach combined with his remarkable understanding of the human mind truly sets Dr. Maclean apart. Brian's knowledge is only matched by his caring and compassion. I highly recommend Dr. Maclean without reservation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190226].votes_count ]]