Dr. Carlo Tornatore

Dr. Carlo Tornatore

Rate Dr. Carlo Tornatore

Dr. Carlo Tornatore's Ratings

Dr. Carlo Tornatore is a neuro-rock-star. He saved my husban's life when first diagnosed with MS. Because back in 2003 being diagnosed with relapsing-remitting MS and at that time no drug therapy- no other neuro wanted to put him on an MS drug. Dr. Tornatore did not let this stop him. He admitted my hubby to GUH and provided a steroid treatment and the beginning of MS Drug Therapy. He saved my husband's life!

Submitted May 14, 2014 | flag

You will not find a more professional or caring staff. And, Dr. Tornatore is absolutely the finest person and best neurologist you could ever hope for. He speaks to you in real talk... not doctor speak! The care and the caring can not be matched.

Submitted July 25, 2013 | flag

Very knowledgable and caring doctor; ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE TRYING TO MAKE FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENTS. EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO COMMUNICATE WITH HIM OR HIS OFFICE. USES ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY VOICEMAIL WHICH IS USUALLY FULL SO YOU CANNOT LEAVE A MESSAGE.ALMOST ALWAYS DOES NOT REPLY TO EMAILS.

Submitted March 10, 2012 | flag

Stellar doctor, great interaction with patients, but incredibly hard to get a hold of. Phone system stinks, office staff very unhelpful, mailboxes often full so cannot leave messages, takes anywhere from 3 to 10 days to get a response ie. problem, change in condition, analysis of test results already in his possession, etc. His knowledge and demeanor cannot be beat, but responsiveness is abysmal.

Submitted April 7, 2011 | flag

Dr Tornetore is a wonderful person, but I can’t recommend him as a doctor for 4 reasons: 1) He misdiagnosed my problem (as confirmed by 2 specialists I’ve seen since). Had I followed his diagnosis & treatment plan, I’d be on some very scary rx. I’m not an MS patient, though. My friend with MS loves him. 2) Contacting him is nearly impossible. It can take weeks of leaving messages to get an appt (and then it’s a 2-8 month wait for the appt itself). Calls for advice on issues like reactions to rx & symptom flare ups are usually not returned. Waiting room waits are usually brief, tho I once waited for over 6 HOURS. 3) Doesn’t keep detailed records. I was shocked when I got a copy of my records & found little info on my very complicated history. He couldn’t possibly provide accurate advice based on what he had written down. 4) Always has students present during appts. He can seem more interested in teaching than in his patient & it is awkward to discuss symptoms in front of a group.

Submitted March 12, 2010 | flag

A really true Professor of Medicine...Very knowledgeble and knows how to treate his patients.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2010 | flag

Over past 24 yrs., I've been to just about every neurologist in Va. and one in Md. and he is by far the best of them all.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2009 | flag

Great bedside manner and extremely knowledgable about MS. I drive two hours to go to this doctor because he is the best and has an MS specialty.

Submitted May 27, 2009 | flag

Very caring and knowlegdable. He takes the time to listen and address your concerns.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2009 | flag