Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani

Rate Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani

Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani's Ratings

Dr. Koochesfahani is a warm and wise man with a depth of caring for his patients. My healing needs were not trauma related, but much more existential and deeply embedded in my life experiences and the unique aspects of my personality that I have difficulty expressing or being aware of. I suspect that many other doctors would not have had the perception or patience to recognize my pain or see my journey through.

I was often struck by how Dr. K brought his true self into the counselling room, including an honesty about his own struggles and life experiences. Other times, he used film, books and stories from his practice to help me shed light on my own tensions. Most of all, he offered his own humanity in a way that I desperately needed to recognize my own. And he did this in the context of a rigid, unyielding university bureaucracy.

During our 10 months together, he guided me through the difficult work of rediscovering my own story -- and, through that, opened up a pathway to reconnect with myself and the important people in my life. I am grateful, and I suspect you would be too.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

I met Dr Koochesfahani 2 years ago for counselling and throughout this two years he has made a huge positive impact on my life with regards to my mental health. He is patient, caring, understanding and non-judgemental as a doctor. He has guided me along throughout some of the worst moments of my life during my battle with depression and even took the initiative to contact me to check on my well-being. I would say that I am lucky to meet a person like him who truly tries to understand my depression and I will always forever be grateful for his counsel which I am sure will help the lives of people who need help like me

Submitted July 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. K, as I refer to him is an exceptional doctor! He has helped and guided me through some of the most difficult and painful emotional times of my life and I am ever so grateful to him. He helped me realize that no matter how bad or difficult life can get I can make it through.

Submitted June 20, 2014 | flag

Dr.Koochesfahani has been very helpful in providing therapeutic treatment as well as pharmacological treatment. He is patient and understanding. He listens and acts upon what he thinks would be an improvement for you personally. He is even able to give you insight into your own patterns of thinking when you are feeling lost. Conversation happens very naturally and sessions are always comforting.

Submitted June 17, 2014 | flag

Fantastic medical professional. He has been one of my greatest sources of support for the last 3 years of my life. He is kind, thoughtful, professional, punctual, and above all, human. I could go on about how much I recommend him, but I'll save time and just say that he is a phenomenal psychiatrist.

Submitted June 16, 2014 | flag

Dr. Koochesfahani has been a huge help to me for almost a year now. He is a kind, considerate and knowledgable professional who listens deeply, always with compassion. The therapy and counseling I receive from him has been indispensable as I navigate the depression and anxiety associated with some of my biggest life changes ever. He has given me the help I needed to actually feel better. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Submitted June 2, 2014 | flag

When I first when to Dr. K I was in a very fragile state. I had very seek mental health help nor did I think i needed it. Doctor K helped me get back on path and I've been doing excellent since. He really made me appreciate the service I was receiving. I enjoyed seeing me. He is a great listener and very compassionate. I was really lucky to have been connected with him.

Submitted June 1, 2014 | flag

Dr. K is an exceptional psychiatrist and therapist with deep knowledge of contemporary theories and practices as well as a unique talent of using narrative to help patients work through and provide context for their specific challenges. As someone who has been in and out of therapy for over a decade, I can say with some weight that Dr. K's approach is refreshing, non-judgemental and direct when it needs to be. I highly recommend his services and consider myself fortunate to have been able to work with him.

Submitted May 23, 2014 | flag

Dr. Koochesfahani is a phenomenal therapist and counselor. He has helped me tremendously with my health concerns, and after being under his care and treatment, I am leading a very productive and fruitful life. Dr. Koochesfahani is a very honest, understanding, compassionate, open-minded, patient and knowledgeable psychiatrist. He is a doctor and a person that a patient can trust and can feel safe speaking with about anything. I am a full-time student at UofT, I entered his care with a great deal of health problems, today I am performing immeasurably better in all aspects of my life (personal, and academic). Dr. K is the best psychiatrist I know in Toronto, he cares for his patients and will always do his very best to help.

Submitted May 13, 2014 | flag