Dr. Paul B. Brown

Rate Dr. Paul B. Brown

Dr. Paul B. Brown's Ratings

April 16, 2014. I have been Dr. Paul B. Brown's patient for 11 years. I am very satisfied with his care and practice and his staff. He has been very supportive. Only one problem with the office that really needs solving. They do not use the internet at all. This is really behind the times and makes communication, forwarding records, etc. difficult. This office really needs to get with the times. They moved locations almost 2 yrs ago to 901 Boren #1920, Seattle, WA 98104 and have not even managed to correct their address online. This problem really needs to be corrected. Tina Peterson

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

Submitted Dec. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr. Paul B. Brown is one of the finest doctors I've ever seen. I gained more in 15 minutes with him then 10 months with another rheumatologist in a different location. Based on my records and his exam, he quickly and accurately confirmed my diagnosis and set-out a treatment plan that finally makes some sense. After I asked, he didn't hold back in saying my condition is advanced with poor prognosis. Although this is difficult to hear, it is much better than wading through the muddy waters I've been experiencing with other doctors. I will see him in a few weeks to evaluate the effectiveness of his treatment plan. For those of us with rheumatoid arthritis, finding a doctor who is highly skilled and compassionate is quite the challenge. If you have an opportunity to see this outstanding physician, who has been consistently voted among the top doctors in Seattle and the USA, do yourself a favor and make an appointment.

Submitted May 4, 2013 | flag

Although Dr Brown is caring, it is strange to me that he only spends 5 minutes with me and then writes a script for pain medication. While this was helpful, I was extremely angry when I discovered that after tapering down to virtually no methadone, I still went into withdrawal for 2+ weeks. I should have been informed of this--I would never have taken the medication.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2012 | flag

Dr. Brown is a wonderful caring doctor that I would recommend to anyone who feels that it's useless to go to a doctor. I had gone to several other doctors often leaving feeling like I was going crazy because of my severe pain. One Dr told me I had the flu to 2 years!! Dr. Brown ran extensive tests and scans and diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. Together we found medications that I could take to make my life much much better!! I know I'm not crazy and it's great to have a Doctor that will listen to you and do everything he can for you. He truly cares for his patients. The staff is wonderful!!! He and his staff are rated a 10 in my eyes!

Submitted Aug. 15, 2012 | flag

Dr.B has literally saved my life. If it's possible to die from pain, I would be long dead without his knowledgeable guidance, compassion, support and faith. Like the frog put in a pot of warm water and left to cook, I didn't feel the pain creeping up till, like the frog who forgot to jump out, I couldn't manage my life. Together with Dr. Brown, we have researched and experimented with various drugs and doses till I became able to live again. I deeply admire and respect this man. Dr. Brown clearly respects and cares about his patients. Unlike other doctors, he does not dismiss you because you are emotional, scared or confused. Unlike other docs, if one drug doesn't work, he will keep trying to find one that does. Unlike other docs, it's not a contest to see who's boss. It's a wonderful team and everyone is there to help you win and lead a satisfying life.

Submitted March 30, 2011 | flag

Dr. Brown gave me my life back. I had been struggling with Fibromyalgia and CFS for a decade, and then one day my girlfriend suggested him. I cannot tell the world how much this one Dr. has meant to me and my life. He is kind, compassionate, listen's and does all the proper tests to give you the best/correct diagnosis. I hope he doesn't retire soon, I would drive 500 miles for an appointment with him. Thank you also to the wonderful staff. You also make the environment so pleasant. Very refreshing.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2010 | flag

Dr. Brown is a great guy! I am 24 and have FMS/CFS and see him every 2-3 months and I go to college. Being male, it's tough with this illness. Dr. Brown works with you. The post below confirm this and I think he is one of the most caring doctors there is. I flipped my truck over trying to get to see him and he was so caring. Great guy, highly recommend. Writes outstanding letters of recommendation too. Thanks DB.

Submitted March 14, 2009 | flag

I have been seeing Paul Brown, MD, PhD, for over a decade. I have seen other rheumatologists in the Seattle area and he is the best diagnostician of all of them. He is very knowledgeable, thorough, compassionate and patient. He is excellent at explaining your illness and treatment options and makes sure that all of your questions are answered before you leave his office. Dr. Brown is aggressive in his treatments but will take other avenues if you prefer. He will give you whatever medicine is necessary to keep you pain-free so you can continue to function but does so judiciously. He is willing to work in concert with alternative medical practitioners such as acupuncturist, naturopaths and nutritionist. Dr. Brown has a thorough understanding of disability law and will fight for you when dealing with private short and long term disability insurance and Social Security Disability Insurance. I have referred many people to him and all have been happy with him.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2008 | flag

Dr. Brown is so awesome. He'll help you anyway possible and will listen and then prescribe what he deems appropriate. What I like is that you get to have an input into what medications you want to take. He sees some crazy stuff, and I can only speak highly of Dr. Brown and his wonderful staff.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2008 | flag