Rate Dr. Julian E. Safran

Dr. Julian E. Safran's Ratings

I went in for pelvic pain.A sonogram was done.Dr. Safran did not explain the sonogram findings, except for one piece of information: that the cyst burst,which was incorrect according to both this sonogram and to the 2nd one, done later.He did not offer any advice about how to care for myself.He would barely answer any of my questions and would get annoyed when I asked anything.He prescribed birth control to get cysts under control,but didn't discuss with me what kind might be most suitable until I asked him to prescribe what I had taken before.I asked him after he had already sent an order to the pharmacy, in front of me,but without telling me.After the 1st apt,my pain was severe and not letting up,but it took several days for me to get in,despite pleas.Again,no advice or guidance was offered, and no explanation of results.He did call me this Saturday to check on me.However,this was after nearly 2 weeks of severe pain and little attention.I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2012 | flag

I only visited him once and was thrilled every since.. I will be making a follow up appointment with him this week.. I would recommend any woman to him..

Submitted Nov. 21, 2010 | flag

Dr. Safran is really good. When I had a problem he couldn't solve he quickly and happily referred me to someone who could help with my specific problem. He's much better than other GYNs I have seen in DC.

Submitted June 5, 2010 | flag

The front office staff is horrible. Not all of them, but most of them. The back office staff, such as: the nurses, lab techs, PA's, and so on are great. Of course Dr. Safran is the best. But back to the front office staff. They are rude, and act like they are doing the patients a favor. Instead offering a pleasant response to all of the patients, they offer attitude and I am above you attitudes. Then there is a gentleman (ROBERT) that handles the billing for this office; quite frankly, he cannot handle pressure well. You can tell that he was frustrated by the work load because he showed and expressed it. Then when he noticed that his initial tone was argumentative, he wanted to hurry me out of the office. They just really need to consider how they are talking to people. It is not what you say it is how you say it.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2009 | flag

Doctor is very helpful, listens and explains things thoroughly. Sometimes difficult to get appts. And hard to reach by phone--doesn't call back for days if at all.

Submitted June 27, 2009 | flag

Dr. Safran is knowledgeable, non-judgemental and patient - all the best traits of an OBGYN. He really puts you at ease, even when there's an issue. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the DC area. He's definitely worth paying for parking and fighting the traffic - and that's saying something!

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

Dr. Safran is a wonderful, caring provider. He answers questions by phone and email on the same day. In the office, he is a great listener and will provide detailed responses, handouts, and has even done a little research to answer my questions. I had a miscarriage and he and the staff (nurses, lab techs) were incredibly supportive during an emotionally traumatic time. I too wish he still did deliveries but for GYN care Dr. Safran is top-notch.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2009 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Safran for years and has always been first rate. He makes himself extremely available to his patients via email and promptly returns phone calls and emails (usually within the same day). He has excellent bedside manners and makes me feel extremely comfortable in telling him just about anything related to my medical condition. I have recommended several friends to him and they have been pleased with his service as well.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2008 | flag

The staff differ. The woman at the front desk when I first went there was friendly and pleseant. But when you call to ask for your results, "Nada! Rien! nothing!" I have called them twice already but still did not return my call! As for Dr. Safran, I guess he was ok. Compared to my previous Dr. who was a woman, it seemed that he was a bit on the rough side when doing the PAP... I guess the PAP is never a comfortable thing to do anyway. I personally prefer a Dr. who is slightly more gentle and slower than him...

Submitted April 24, 2008 | flag

Dr. Safran is a wonderful doctor - he goes well above and beyond the call of duty by making himself available and responding to questions by email, and, most importantly, takes a great personal interest in his patients. He helped my spouse and myself through a difficult medical situation and we are both very grateful to him for his help and his caring. He is a real shining exception to the average doctor who tries to get you out the door as quickly as possible.

Submitted April 9, 2008 | flag