You may also like

Rate Dr. Caroline Chang

Dr. Caroline Chang's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Chang for the past two years. She is one of the best dermatologists around. I have been to many other dermatologists in the past and have a lot of experience with this due to my skin condition. Dr. Chang is very direct with what she says, which might be construed as dismissive, but she is definitely not dismissive.she has always taken the time to set me at ease and relieve my anxiety about my skin. Sometimes there is not always a quick fix for skin problem and that can be frustratingfor people but Dr. Chang will always tell you straight out what she thinks – and she's usually right! Take it from me, finding a doctor who fits your personality can be difficult but since I found Dr. Chang I'm sticking with her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2731301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2015

Dr Chang was not helpful when I went to my follow up visit. I told her that the dry skin i had did not clear up in using the ointment she prescribed. She said it could be environmental. When i asked what it was and what to do next, she said I have to be a detective eliminating things to try to figure what's causing it. She wanted me to try to figure it out, this isn't usually why you go to a dr. . Very dismissive

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2687239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2015

I found Dr. Chang rude and condescending. I dread having to see her again. I am looking for another dermatologist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2633747].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I had a very good experience with Dr. Chang. In addition to addressing my specific concern, she offered to give me a skin cancer screening and found a skin cancer on my back that I never knew was there! I was very pleased with my experience and will definitely return for my follow up skin cancer screenings.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2573370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

I was nervous about going to her after seeing poor ratings on the web- especially the "rude and dismissive" comment on this site. I did not find her to be that way at all- she was very nice, as was her assistant. I was concerned about a rash I've had for a long, long time- she told me what she thought it was, but was then completely open to my theory about it too. She said the location was atypical for what I think it could be, but that people aren't textbooks so we could definitely explore it further. So, the complete opposite of dismissive, I'd say.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][32146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

I feel the same way about Dr. Chang as the person who commented about her on August 2013. I am having some skin problems and really do not want to go back to her. But because it is so difficult to get a dermatologist, my choice is to go back or start calling around to find someone who will see new patients and then waiting for months. So I am going back. It is difficult. She is so rude and dismissive. I am dreading my appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][32145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2014

Young but knowledgeable. Very pleasant. I was concerned about an asymmetrical mole. She put my mind at ease & explained clearly why this mole was not an issue. Nice bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][32144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2013

I went to Dermatology Associates on August 8 and saw Dr. Chang. I have Rosacea on my face and it is getting worse. I explained to Dr. Chang that I have Sjogren's Disease (Rosacea is a common problem in those with Sjogrens). She said my rosacea was not bad and she has seen a lot worse. I told her I was concerned because it was getting worse. She said I need to use antibiotic cream which she prescribed. She gave me no advice as to how to help control it. I also told her I had it on my scalp to which she replied rosacea doesn't appear on the scalp. She proceeded to look at my scalp by completely messing up my hair,saying it wasn't rosacea and then said come back in a month if its not better. NO BEDSIDE MANNER at all. She then looked at the rest of my body and said I was all set. I was with her for all of 10 minutes. This visit was a COMPLETE WASTE OF MY TIME. I will not be going back there and would not recommend this practice to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][32143].votes_count ]]