Rate Dr. Helene M. Koch

Dr. Helene M. Koch's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Koch's for several years and am very happy with her. She may be a little rough around the edges but she knows what she's talking about and that's what matters to me. Whether I'm calling in or seeing Dr. Koch in person I know that she and her staff will always put my care first and solve any problem. You may have to wait a little while when you see Dr. Koch but just remember that's because she is so THOROUGH and she'll take just as much time with you as she takes with the patients before you! I'm a very happy patient and recommend her to all of my family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1943012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2010

GIVEN TO ME IN dR.kOCH'S OFFICE.I HAD THIS INFECTION OVER A YEAR AND WAS NOT ABLE TO RID WITH ANTIBIOTICS.MY ONLY SOLUTION WAS AN OPERATION.PLEASE DO NOT VISIT IF YOU WANT YOUR LIFE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1943013].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

I have been to a few different gynos in the past several years and have not found one I liked until today. Dr. Koch and her staff were fantastic. They were knowledgable and friendly and made me feel extremely comfortable. The wait was a little long, but Dr. Koch was extremely apologetic and explained that a lunch conference had gone long (and I have heard from other patients that a long wait is unusual there). I was able to get an appointment for a week after I called, which is unheard of around where I live. I highly recommend Dr. Koch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1943011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

These comments are coming from a person that is extremely nervous and wary of any doctors. I had not been to a doctor of any kind for 15 years when I went to Dr.K. I was almost put off by the long wait but intelligently deducted that this was because she was very much in demand and not from poor scheduling. After my first visit I also realized that the wait often occurs because she takes as much time that is needed with each patient and unlike so many of my previous experiences does not treat people as numbers on a chart (hence the reason for my distate of doctors). She was wonderful, respectful, knowlegable and highly professional (who needs a great bedside manner when you know you can put your life in a doctors capable hands)I have been seeing her regularly for over 10 years and she still is the ONLY doctor I see. BTW...she saved my life!!!Thank you HK ...you are the BEST!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1943010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

I am a physician myself (still in residency), and Helene Koch is absolutely the rudest, most unprofessional physician I have ever met. Wish I read this site before my appointment! I went for a routine pap smear, she slammed my legs open twice, was very rough, talked down to me, yelled at me because I wanted yeast cultures done, and tried to force Wellbutrin on me because I admitted I was tired on her little depression screening! Who isn't tired?!? When I refused, she just kept insisting it was a safe medication and became nastier. Unbelievable! She didn't even ask if it was okay that her Physician Assistant student stay in the room during the exam. I would NEVER EVER see this horrible woman again and really want to warn all women to stay away from her. Absolutely the worst physician interaction I've experienced, and I see from other posts that I am not the only one. This is a business, you need to show your patients a little more courtesy and respect!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1943009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

NOT suggested for younger girls. I am 19 and I went to her office hoping to be informed and made comfortable but after an 1 1/2 wait she lectured at me and spent no time making me comfortable. at my second exam she told me my pap was unclear and gave me a prescription for a vaginal cream without informing me at all how to use it or that it would be $300. when I returned, the exam was so painful and she treated me as though it were my fault that the last was unclear. for whatever erason my mother loves her because she is "blunt" but I find her rude and I always leave her office confused as to what just happened.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1943008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I think this doctor is a monster...I am a 41 year old woman.(with 2 births) And her pap test "HURT" I am a nurse and he bedside manor SUCKS too. She told me I did not have any of the other dx that my previous doctor told me.(stopped going because I moved)..She did a procedure in her office that should have been preformed in a hospital O.R. Yes she does push certian drugs and I'm sure she gets a kick back. Her N.P. Karassia is wondeful I feel sorry for her working there. I had a vaginal ultrasound AFTER the hysterscope??? The woman at the ultrasound place was more gental than she is....If your into pain and being talked to like your a dog then go there...I am going back to my old doctor who is 45 mins away! I wonder if she has even has hospital privledges anywhere..I just want my hysterectomy and she was PISSED that I didn't want her to continue to treat me medically..She would not be the one preforming the surgery???? I DON'T think so

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1943007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2009

Upon my initial visit I found the staff with the exception of the PA Katjya (sp?), very unhelpful, rude, or just plain unprofessional. The office - unkempt and dirty. One of my visits they were so disorganized they had me move from exam room to exam room, to eventually put me in a room that hadn't been cleaned after the previous patient. Swabs, paper, wrappers all over the room. Punctuality - terrible. Waited for 2 hours in exam room on numerous occasions, including a rather nerve-racking procedure, only to keep getting interrupted by the staff (wishing it was time to get it over with,) to grab something from my exam room. Office setup - small, and you can hear everything going on in other rooms/hallways pretty clearly. At one point I heard the nurse complain that she "didn't feel like it" when asked to help assist in my follow up visit at the time. Nurse - extremely moody and terrible bedside manner. Dr. Koch - I liked. Thought she was a little rough and abrasive but overall OK.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1943006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2009

The unfortunate truth about practicing OB/Gyn in Pennsylvania is that malpractice insurance is driving doctors out-of-state. As a result, there are not enough OB/Gyns for the population, and a long wait is unavoidable. As a 29 year-old non-pregnant female, I found Dr. Koch to be absolutely wonderful. She took more time with me than any doctor I have ever had, explained things to me thoroughly, and was very patient with my many questions. Paps are never fun, and neither was hers- but it wasn't abnormally uncomfortable. Most importantly, when you walk away from Dr. Koch you feel that you have been informed about your own health, and that she has educated you about your options. Her staff, especially her PAs, are wonderful. The front desk person was a bit grumpy, but I would be too. I would recommend Dr. Koch if you want a doctor that treats you like a patient instead of a name on a chart.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1943005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2008

I went to Dr. Koch for two years and she was "tough" but okay and is knowledgeable. She's not as gentle with the speculum or as sweet with the bedside manner, I agree. The only reason I stopped going is the two time 1 1/2 hr. wait (very busy practice), the "pushing" of Nuvaring and her staff misplacing my chart/not good faxers. She gave me a good referral for fibroid treatment though and I wish her well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1943004].votes_count ]]