Dr. Ronald A. Popper

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Ronald A. Popper has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Sleep Disorders-related: sleep disorders, insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.4

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Ronald" to "Ronald A."
RID: 2891769
02/10/13 5 5 5 5 I have so much to say that I don't know where to start. I was very apprehensive before my first meeting with Dr. Popper, but from the moment I walked in the door everyone, from Ellen at the front desk to Lori, the nurse who took my vitals and completed my chart, to Robin the office manager, made me feel completely comfortable and much less anxious. When I met with Dr. Popper, he also put me at ease as we discussed the completed questionnaire I had submitted a few days earlier. He explained things very clearly. I never felt rushed. And I left with a good understanding of what was to come next. I'm now learning to sleep with CPAP and I cannot tell you how grateful I am to Dr. Popper and his entire staff for what they've done. I know that my life is going to change for the better when I'm sleeping well and sleeping through the entire night on a regular basis. THANK YOU to everyone at Southern California Pulmonary and Sleep Disorders Medical Center.  Respond
RID: 2765992
13/08/13 5 5 5 5 I had an incredible experience with Dr. Popper and am happy to recommend him and his team to anyone suffering from sleep problems. He was extremely professional and knowledgable in his approach to diagnosing and treating my insomnia and now is someone that I would have no hesitation in calling if I ever struggled with insomnia again.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

20/07/13 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Pulmonologist" to "Sleep Disorders"
RID: 2696771
28/06/13 5 4 5 5 Everything was well explained to me at both the office visit and the sleep clinic study. Dr. Popper walked me through all my options for treatment of my sleep disorder. I would recommend Dr. Popper and his sleep clinic to anyone suffering from sleep apnea or other related sleep disorders.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2654860
22/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Popper explains everything very clearly and concise. Great staff. I would highly recommend Dr Popper. One of the most punctual doctors.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2480272
21/11/12 5 4 5 5 Sometimes he is running late for my appointment. But I always request a late afternoon appointment and by the end of the day, he may be running a little behind. However; I believe that is due to the fact that he is such a great doctor that everyone wants to see him and he does not rush you through. He takes the time to discuss your issues and then explain what needs to be done to help you.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2454677
22/10/12 4 3 5 5 The office staff is very efficient and helpful. I like the fact that Dr. Popper listens to his patients concerns and doesn't try to 'force' any one modality of treatment. I tried another CPAP alternative through a dentist with very poor results (and resultant damage to my bite). I went into Dr. Popper having made the decision that I wanted to try ProVent and did NOT want a CPAP. He told me what my chances were for success with ProVent. I landed on the positive end of statistics and got very good results. At the onset, I asked Dr. Popper what my alternatives were if ProVent didn't work and I didn't want a CPAP, and he indicated a willingness to work with me to find an acceptable resolution to my sleep problems. I am very picky with doctors and really appreciate a doctor that listens to his patients.  Respond
RID: 764251
14/01/09 5 5 5 5 Went for Sleep study for sleep apnea. Gave me an honest assesment of my situation and provided me with several alternative options. Friendly and helpful staff, nice office.
Insurance: Anthem