Rate Dr. Mitchell E. Simons

Dr. Mitchell E. Simons's Ratings

Very understanding..excellent dr.
would recommend for anyone whom needs proper care for your pain related injury

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

great doc!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

If you are a patient who wants to get better or wants an MD who does more than hand you a stack of prescriptions, AVOID this office. His patients are actively making deals for selling their meds in his waiting room and parking lot ( Bellevue office, especially). When I told his assistant about it, they they suggested I try his other office as they don't control what their patients do with their meds. once they leave their office. I know they don't but their lack of concern about this bothered me. I had 4 different injections, none helped but he insists on trying more. Sounds like a boat payment to me. I am not taking narcotics so my concerns aren't script related. He threatens to dismiss you if you ask for a second opinion elsewhere (" once I dismiss you nobody else will see you"). When I read about the narcotics issues in N.Ky, this guy's office and practices come immediately to mind. His office staff is just ok - barely competent, not very professional. I say go elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Simons prescribed a med for me & said I could still drive, work, etc. I had a very bad reaction to it. My husband suggested I call his ofc to find out what I could safely take from the plethora of drugs he had already given me. I called his ofc at 7 pm & the nurse told me that he was on call & not to worry about calling him. I've NEVER called before except for my 1st appt. When Dr Simons answered, I told him my name & that I was just in his office earlier that day & had a bad reaction to the med he gave me. I didn't finish what I was saying & he yelled, "I DON'T PRESCRIBE MEDS OVER THE PHONE!" I explained that I wasn't asking him to do that. All I needed to know was what could I safely take from what I already had that wouldn't kill me. (I was still having a bad reaction to the earlier med) He yelled again about me calling & hung up on me. My husband & I couldn't believe it! I was respectful, to the point & the conversation lasted 2 mins, tops. I never went back to Dr. Simons.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

The doctor came in the room grabbed the chart of meds, said that I should not be taking what I was, I should get a back tens unit, I informed him that this was already declined by BWC which he then said I should take arthritic meds, which I had informed him that this was tried but I had adverse reactions to them. I informed him that this was a consultation because he wanted to try other options on me and he said that I should still be off the pain meds which then I said if I was to take any less I would be a vegetative state cause I would not be able to do anything which he said was just fine. Then basically booted me out of the room unless I used him for treatments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Dr. Mitchell E. Simons doesn't seem to care for his patients. At my first appt. he seemed like a good doctor. He answered all of my questions and seemed to care. Boy was I wrong. I can't possibly write something about him without sounding disrespectful. I am a college educated woman that chooses to take charge of her health. Dr. Simons is only about the $ and its clear to me that he doesnt care about his patients. If you end up at his door, I strongly suggest you read everything you can about him, not his own marketing, and then run away as fast as you can!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1943203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

Today was my new patient appt. with Dr. Simons. I don't usually post on sites like this, but I wanted to post for Dr. Simons bc the reviews I read prior to my appt. do not reflect the experience I had today. He is a very knowledgeable and polite doc, and was more than happy to answer all my questions. I did not feel rushed, I felt that he took his time really listening to all my concerns. I now feel I have a medical plan in place to get me pain free! The front desk gal was very nice and cheerful as well as the medical staff as a whole. I would be happy to refer family and friends in need of pain management to Dr. Simons. Thank you, Amy

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1943198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Doesn't listen to his patients or their previous drs. Pushes those epidurals like he's running a cattle line at the slaughter house. Put me on Fentynal patches, upped the dosage of them, then told me he couldn't do anything else for me and dismissed me as a patient. When I questioned him about medication refills until I found another dr he refused them. I again asked him about the withdrawals from them he said and I quote " yes you will have them very badly, but to bad just deal with them" and this with him knowing I have a heart condition as well. This dr is going to kill someone if something is not done. I thank God I am out of his care

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1943202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2011

I was a patient here for about a year and half. The doctor/PA never even looked at my injuryed leg. Insisted on replacing my broken stimulator before trying anything else inspite of my telling him it did not really help when it did function. Had me come every month (40.00 copay out of my small disabilty check). Is an unpleasant person; however, I would not care about that if he was a good doctor. After Office ws always full and after talking to many other patients, I believe his office is a "pill mill" that also pushes stimulator surgery for finacial gain. Charges a no show fee if you do not cancel 24 hours in advance; pain patients cannot predict in advance if they can make the appoinments when he is not providing management of the pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1943197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2011

TRUTH ABOUT MITCH SIMONS! You are a number, you are an epidural guinea pig and will require epidurals above n beyond what is recommended by the AMA. you will be required too endure 3 to 4 epidurals regardless if they work or not. mitch is a money machine earning over 5 million annually as epidurals net on avg 1500.00 too 3600.00 depending if u go too a surgery center. The epidural scene is unreal with a line of herded cattle in lazyboy chairs racked up for cash epidurals. mitch will slate you for epidurals and lots of them too add too his treasure chest, when u complain that they do not work? you just lost your narcotic pain meds period! he is arrogant and dismissive, his ( required) female assistant lisa hates her job and will gladly hold your meds over your head scolding you for refusing epidural scheduling. bottom line is mitch is very wealthy with this chop shop. you will not last if hes not banking off you. puts u on meds then yanks them quickly if u dont want epidurals. STAY AWAY!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1943196].votes_count ]]