Rate Dr. George Gertner

Dr. George Gertner's Ratings

A year and a half ago I fell down a flight of stairs. Since then I have suffered with neck pain, low back pain, and pain through my body. I've also developed migraines, acid reflux, dizziness, sleeping problems, and carpal tunnel syndrome. I've been to medical doctors and they've diagnosed my with fibromyalgia. They've given me pain killers and muscle relaxers but everything seems to be getting worse. My sister sees an upper cervical chiropractor in Tulsa, OK who recommeded Dr. Gertner to me.My first contact with Dr. Gertner was over the telephone. He explained to me in detail the NUCCA procedure. I felt comforable after speeking with him, so I scheduled an appointment. Dr. Gertner is the closest NUCCA doctor from my home and his office is 2 1/2 hour away. I've tried so many treatments without success that this was my last resort.A few days after the first treatment my neck and low back began to feel much better. In the next month I have noticed more energy, improvement in my sinuses problems, no migraines, less allergies, and improved sleeping habits. Three weeks into care I was completely off my medication. For the last year I was on a medical leave.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2014 | flag

For 2 months I have suffered with a burning sensation on the left side of my back and a pinched nerve in my neck. The burn went from my back to my chest and under my left arm. The pain was so severe that it would almost bring me to the point of crying.Before seeing Dr. Gertner I saw a traditional chiropractor and an orthopedic surgeon. The chiropractor adjusted me but did not help. The orthopedist took a bone scan and CAT scan but found nothing. My nephew is a patient of Dr. Gertner and he recommended him to me. It is an 84 mile drive from Freehold, NJ but I was willing to give it a shot. I saw improvement in my condition within a day of the first procedure being performed, and after one month I am 97% better. I consider the procedure from Dr. Gertner a miracle. He is extremely conscientious. May God bless him, and all who share his work.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2014 | flag

A few months ago my son Jah'Noah fell out of a shopping cart and landed on his head. Up until that day he had no health issues to speak of. Since then, he has been wetting his bed every night.I have been under Dr. Gertner 's care myself for a few weeks when I saw literature suggesting that children who wet their beds may get results through upper cervical chiropractic. Knowing how gentle and specific the adjustment was, I decided to have my son begin care. Immediately after the first visit we saw results. Jah'Noah is no longer wetting his bed. He is more relaxed and alert at night. He wakes up on his own to use the bathroom. He now wakes up happier and proud of himself because he is a “big boy”.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

I have been suffering most of my life with migraine headaches. The migraines began shortly after I was thrown from a horse at the age of 11. Since then, the headaches would occur numerous times each week. It was difficult to do everything from working to taking care of my daughter. My medical doctor prescribed numerous migraine medications. They would help with some of the symptoms, but the headaches kept coming back.I was referred to Upper Cervical Chiropractic by a co-worker. Dr. Gertner explained to me the NUCCA procedure and how it would provide relief from my migraines. I was surprised at how gentle the procedure was. After the first correction my headaches disappeared and have not returned. I am now able to perform better at work and I have more energy to play with my daughter. I find myself much more relaxed then ever before. I recommend Upper Cervical Chiropractic to anyone with pain. It worked for me!

Submitted Sept. 15, 2014 | flag

For the last year I have suffered with Multiple Sclerosis, relapsing and remitting. Some of the symptoms that I've been suffering with include tremors, poor circulation, neck and back pain, loss of coordination, fatigue, asthma, and insomnia. I've been to neurologists for this condition without satisfaction. What I like most about Dr. Gertner 's care is it is effective! It is simple, non invasive, and without any side effects. Immediately after the first correction I felt improved circulation in my legs and feet, less leg cramping, and I slept great for the first time in months. I've been under care now for 6 months, and without medication, UCC has helped me control my MS symptoms. My tremors are almost gone and I am able to keep my hands steady. I now have much less spasticity, sleep better, less neck pain, better, less neck pain, better circulation, more energy, better concentration, and I no longer suffer with asthma- all without drugs!

Submitted Sept. 14, 2014 | flag

I NEVER write reviews but wanted to share my experience with UCC.I have been a patient with Dr.Gertner for about 9 months now after seeing another chiropractor for 6 years prior due to a motor vehicle accident. I was told about the office by a family member who has been a patient with Dr.G for about 3 years. I was immediately impressed when I walked in with how beautiful the office was and how nice the staff is!! I was experiencing terrible sciatica that was forcing me to walk with a walker. After the first adjustment my pain was gone and has not returned since!!! I can't thank Dr.G enough for saving me!

Submitted Sept. 11, 2014 | flag

For a year and a half I've suffered with Trigeminal neuralgia. In that time I've seen my MD, Neurologist, and acupuncturist- all with limited results. Dr. Gertner and his staff make you feel very comfortable in his office. His staff are caring, pleasant and very friendly. After about 3 visits I started noticing some relief. I've been under care now for a couple of months and I'm now able to eat, brush my teeth, and shower without pain. This was all impossible before I started care at UCC. There have been some other unexpected changes in other areas of my life. I now have less back pain, feel more relaxed and have more energy. The only way I could describe how Upper Cervical Chiropractic has helped me is that it's “Unbelievable”! Dr. Gertner gave me my life back! This is the only treatment I would suggest to someone with TN. The meds, etc. only treat the symptoms. At UCC they treat the cause.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2014 | flag

Be warned that Dr. Gertner's policy is that you pay first and YOU bill your own insurance to refund your care. His staff do a poor job of explaining the process to you and half the time they don't even send the medical notes to the insurance company causing delays for your refund. Our specific situation warranted a year long treatment of 2-3 sessions a week and he demanded an upfront payment of almost $5,200. We were hesitant, and rightfully so, about paying for a service that we haven't even received yet but he promised us that we would get most of our money back through insurance (he said almost 75-80 percent back). Needless to say we dove into this without further thoughts. The first few months went without any issues as my significant other went for treatments but soon after we were receiving letters from the insurance company that they were not receiving Dr. Gertner's notes and therefore would not refund us money for the care. We went to him about this and apparently he doesn't do any of the billing himself (whether he doesn't know or was just unwilling to help us remains to be seen). Only one person, his assistant at the front desk, does this and even she has a poor understanding of the process. Later on we ran into even more trouble with this whole fiasco. The insurance says we've reached our cap of services they are willing to pay for and again we approached him and his staff about this and merely was shrugged off. We still go to him for our chiropractic needs because its completely paid for but otherwise we strongly NOT recommend him knwoing that you will never get anybof your money back and they do not care! To date we only received approximately $700 of the money back from insurance and he is unwilling to help us get more of it back. If you have thousands of dollars you are willing to throw away then by all means go to this chiropractor. Otherwise stay clear of him because clearly once he gets his money from you, his customer service plummets and you're stuck paying all the bills. I guess that's what you get when you pay them first. At least in a service where you receive your treatment first THEN pay, they work harder to make you are satisfied because you can walk away and there goes their payments.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

For the last 15 years I've suffered with constant low back pain. Recently I slipped and fell aggravating my condition. A friend of mine was a patient of Dr. Gertner and recommended him to me. I was a skeptic and generally do not like to go to doctors. I was reluctant but the pain was so bad I decided to give it a try.On the first visit Dr. Gertner took x-rays and did a complete physical examination. When I returned for the 2nd visit he explained what had happened to my spine and how he was going to correct the misalignment. I laid on my side on his adjusting table and got ready for the first correction. Dr. Gertner gently touched my neck below the ear. Before I even got up off the table my low back pain was gone. I also noticed that the pain in my neck that traveled down to my hand also disappeared.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag