Rate Dr. George Gertner

Dr. George Gertner's Ratings

Be warned that Dr. Gertner's policy is that you pay first and YOU bill your own insurance to refund your care. His staff do a poor job of explaining the process to you and half the time they don't even send the medical notes to the insurance company causing delays for your refund. Our specific situation warranted a year long treatment of 2-3 sessions a week and he demanded an upfront payment of almost $5,200. We were hesitant, and rightfully so, about paying for a service that we haven't even received yet but he promised us that we would get most of our money back through insurance (he said almost 75-80 percent back). Needless to say we dove into this without further thoughts. The first few months went without any issues as my significant other went for treatments but soon after we were receiving letters from the insurance company that they were not receiving Dr. Gertner's notes and therefore would not refund us money for the care. We went to him about this and apparently he doesn't do any of the billing himself (whether he doesn't know or was just unwilling to help us remains to be seen). Only one person, his assistant at the front desk, does this and even she has a poor understanding of the process. Later on we ran into even more trouble with this whole fiasco. The insurance says we've reached our cap of services they are willing to pay for and again we approached him and his staff about this and merely was shrugged off. We still go to him for our chiropractic needs because its completely paid for but otherwise we strongly NOT recommend him knwoing that you will never get anybof your money back and they do not care! To date we only received approximately $700 of the money back from insurance and he is unwilling to help us get more of it back. If you have thousands of dollars you are willing to throw away then by all means go to this chiropractor. Otherwise stay clear of him because clearly once he gets his money from you, his customer service plummets and you're stuck paying all the bills. I guess that's what you get when you pay them first. At least in a service where you receive your treatment first THEN pay, they work harder to make you are satisfied because you can walk away and there goes their payments.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2014 | flag

For the last 15 years I've suffered with constant low back pain. Recently I slipped and fell aggravating my condition. A friend of mine was a patient of Dr. Gertner and recommended him to me. I was a skeptic and generally do not like to go to doctors. I was reluctant but the pain was so bad I decided to give it a try.On the first visit Dr. Gertner took x-rays and did a complete physical examination. When I returned for the 2nd visit he explained what had happened to my spine and how he was going to correct the misalignment. I laid on my side on his adjusting table and got ready for the first correction. Dr. Gertner gently touched my neck below the ear. Before I even got up off the table my low back pain was gone. I also noticed that the pain in my neck that traveled down to my hand also disappeared.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

Since childhood I've suffered with constant low back pain. I also had pain that traveled into both of my legs. Because of my condition I had difficulty both sitting and standing. I've been unable to run or workout in a gym due to the pain. In the past I've visited many medical specialists for this condition without any results. A family member found relief through upper cervical chiropractic care, and referred me to Dr. Gertner. In less than 2 weeks I started noticing improvement in my condition. After a short care plan, I am now able to sit and stand without pain. I am starting to exercise again for the first time in years.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

For the last 21 years I've suffered with lower back pain that was so painful where it was difficult to walk, sit or sleep. Before seeing Dr. Gertner I had tried every drug possible and all types of doctors- all without success. My next step was surgery. After a few weeks of care I began noticing an improvement. After a few months the pain that I had for 21 years was gone. I am bale to walk, sleep and play sports without pain. Upper Cervical Chiropractic has worked for me and I would strongly recommend if for anyone suffering with chronic pain.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2014 | flag

For the last 3 months I've had significant pain on the left side of my neck and across the back of my shoulders. I've tried pain and anti-inflammatory medications but without much success.I found the staff at UCC efficient and accommodating. The care I was given was straight forward, prompt with consideration.In a short amount of time my pain was gone. I am now able to work and sleep without pain. Without question I would refer patients to Dr. Gertner for treatment. It has helped me and Dr.Gertner is a fine professional.

Submitted July 28, 2014 | flag

For the last 15 years I have suffered with Hip pain, neck pain, allergies and Asthma. In the past I have tried traditional chiropractic, physical therapy and medicine but still suffer horribly. Initially I came into get relief from my hip and neck, but I was pleasantly surprised to see improvements in my asthma and allergies as well. After a short time, I stopped becoming dependant on medication for these health issues. I now am able to live a normal pain free life. Another positive change I have noticed since seeing Dr. Gertner is that I have more body balance. Because of that I have seen huge improvements in my golf swing.

Submitted July 7, 2014 | flag

For the past 3 years I suffered from chronic head and neck pain. I was taking Advil everyday in order to be able to function in my work and family life. I saw various doctors including an ENT, dentist, neurologist, headache specialist, traditional chiropractor, acupuncturist and a crania-sacral therapist. None of which helped. I then came to Upper Cervical Chiropractic and saw Dr. Gertner. The staff was always supportive, encouraging and available to answer any questions. They were also compassionate and competent. The treatments were successful. As a yoga instructor, I am now able to do daily activities that I couldn’t do before. The pain disappeared. My energy level has drastically improved. I sleep better at night, and my eating habits have changed. As a result I have lost 7 lbs. because I realize that I was using food to medicate & comfort the pain. Everything I now do is more productive and enjoyable. I definitely recommend anyone to give it a try.

Submitted April 21, 2014 | flag

I had headaches for years due to multiple car accidents. Eventually it got so bad that I could not move or hear any noise without in excruciating pain. Basically I lay in bed as my life passed by me, being forced to just “deal” with head and shoulder pain. I have had all sorts of drugs, medications, nerve procedures, and surgeries, nerve end numbing, cervical facet work, you name, I tried it! But nothing was truly working. They might have made me feel better for a little bit, but ultimately the root of the problem was never getting addressed, let alone actually corrected. Since I started care with Dr. Gertner, I am now back to work with NO PAIN, I used to get headaches on a daily basis, and now I rarely get one, I am able to sleep and best of all, I can enjoy my life again!

Submitted April 14, 2014 | flag

For the past 10 years I have suffered with very limited range of motion in my neck as well as tender sore spots all along my spine. I also lost a lot of strength in my left hand and arm. My right hip was progressively becoming more painful and I was forced to walk with the help of a cane. Before meeting Dr. Gertner I had gone to three different Neurologists and one acupuncturist. I did not have any relief of symptoms and was feeling very frustrated. Shortly after the other doctor visits I found a flyer that Dr. Gertner had put in the paper and it sounded like it could be the answer. The rest is history… In the past 2 months of treatment I have increased the range of motion in my neck, my spine is no longer sore and the pain in my right hip is gone. I regained strength in my left hand and arm and I am not using my cane. All of this with such a gentle non-invasive procedure. It’s a miracle!

Submitted April 10, 2014 | flag