Rate Dr. Thomas Yu

Dr. Thomas Yu's Ratings

I just left Dr. Yu's office for a followup 2 weeks after having dental implant surgery. What I valued was Dr. Yu's proficiency and kindness. Although I was quite reluctant to have this surgery for a number of reasons, I am glad that I went ahead with it. Dr. Yu's skill and approach made a huge difference to my comfort level.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr. Yu is kind, intelligent, and has a very good bedside manner. He is a perfectionist and goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and that you get the best results. The staff were nice as well and his assistant Loretta was helpful and willing to answer my many questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2723941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2015

Excellent periodontist. I had a gum graft and three implants with no issue. He is intelligent and caring, and his office checked the next day to see how I was doing. My dentist said he is one of the best periodontist and I agree.

Svetlana

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2705025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

I will never go back to Dr. Yu again. He chose not to medicate me when he performed my gum graft surgery. Two days after the surgery, I complained about abnormal pain and swelling; he told me that everything was normal. Five days later, I couldn't sleep at night. My face was so swollen that my 6-year old cried when she looked at me. I couldn't take my kids to school. I couldn't go outside. I called Dr. Yu again and told him that I thought I had an infection. He didn't give me antibiotics, he gave me pills for the swelling. He went out of town and I went to see his colleague, who finally gave me antibiotics 7 days after the surgery. The infection had firmly taken hold. The first course of antibiotics wasn't enough to get rid of it. They manually punctured the area twice over a 2-week period and tried squeezing out the infection to reduce the swelling. When Dr. Yu did prescribe a 2nd round of antibiotics, he never checked the dosage that I had been on and prescribed a higher dosage without warning me of the risks involved. I could have wound up with more complications and a different kind of infection had I not discussed the risks with the pharmacist. I've had a lump in my cheek for more than a month now. I was taking 20 pills / day while I was trying to beat the infection. Dr. Yu did nothing about it and was negligent when he finally did act. Always ready to ask me how I was doing by phone and tell me to ride it through. He gave lipservice, all the while he was completely incompetent at dealing with the situation at hand. I wouldn't refer this guy to anyone. Being young and cocky doesn't not give you the right to experiment with patients.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2678546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2015

I had 2 tooth implants performed by Dr. Yu. He is one of the best doctor I have ever seen; and I have seen many doctors (most of the doctors are not good). Dr. Yu is patent, gentle, caring & has all the time in the world to spend time with me to explain my options & procedures. He even called me personally to check up on me after the surgery. I had no pain after both of my surgeries; that was amazing. I highly recommend Dr. Yu .

Susan

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2632668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I absolutely dislike going to the dentist (as most people do) but seeing Dr.Yu makes it sooooo much easier. He makes you feel like you are important, wants you to understand your options and feel comfortable in his chair. I can not put in words what a wonderful change to dentistry Dr. Yu provides. And his staff are amazing as well!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2601545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

This is first time that I write a review about a doctor, and it is because doctor Yu is so awesome. He simply is the best doctor that I have ever met -- among any kinds. He's super patient, friendly, knowledgable, smart, cares for patients and more and more. His first concern is definitely patients not the numbers.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2191706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Excellent Doctor. Very down to earth and optimistic . He is articulate and professional and incredibly intelligent in his field of expertise . His staff of nurses and administration are also outstanding , professional and very accommodating.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][34340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Dr. Yu is fabulous. He made me feel very comfortable, and I really appreciated his conservative approach. I left his office feeling very positive. His chair side assistant was also wonderful. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][34339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

Excellent dentist. I had an implant - little or no pain. Instructions were clear and he offered his cell phone number if I had any concerns or problems (which I had none). I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][34338].votes_count ]]