Rate Dr. Ivana Paz

Dr. Ivana Paz's Ratings

Beautiful, rude, arrogant, very argumentative, and insulting. Did not wish to hear medical history, previous treatments or current complications. Very defensive. Curled her lip and made faces at me! Insinuated I was lying - as if I couldn't possibly know my own medical issues. I have a very high IQ + extensive education. She assumed I was an idiot. I had to argue for treatment! Googled her. She was not board certified, graduated from a less than stellar Caribbean med school (not accredited by the US) and did a rotation in a low rated hospital in York. Knowledgeable and friendly? Not when I saw her.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2014 | flag

I went to Dr. Paz looking for a new general doctor, and I have been going to the overall company for years. She pretty much treated me like an idiot. She decided to harp on some extra weight I put on, inform me how easy it was for her to lose extra weight when she had to, and tried to hustle out while I was trying to bring up other issues. I had to almost drag her back in the room to ask her about other problems that she just brushed off. When my blood work came back I never got a call, had to call her, and was told basic information, nothing detailed (nothing more than what is emailed to you), and the information came from a nurse and not the Dr herself. It never gave me a chance to ask about some questionable data, and she spewed out textbook generic suggestions. I was told bluntly over the phone to eat less and exercise ( I track my calories and exercise heavily 4-5 days a week, all of which was discussed). If you just need someone with a valid signature, go to her, other wise find someone else. Also it is impossible to get through to a receptionist without at least a 5 minute hold period.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2014 | flag

This woman was HORRID. I went in to document back pain for a breast reduction and she berated me, accused me of being a drug-seeking addict, lectured me on the dangers of abusing narcotics, called me lazy for not having a local gym membership, interrogated me about "What I'm really getting at" when I complained of worsening back pain, AND belittled me regarding my breast size and scoffed when I told her what bra size I wear. I left sobbing. She said she wouldn't prescribe muscle relaxants and instead would give me Naprosyn...instead she gave me 8x as much of the muscle relaxant (which she accused me of being addicted to), and even after calling 4 times regarding the Naprosyn, she still refuses to call it in. She's judgmental, and I even had to remind her that the muscle relaxant is NOT an NSAID and therefore wouldn't interact with the Naprosyn. Rude, judgmental, and incompetent to boot.

Submitted June 5, 2014 | flag

Will NoT be going back. Do not care for her tone or her rude comments. Does not listen.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2014 | flag

I recently switched to this practice and the staff have been very friendly. They just implemented a new check-in system, which is initially burdensome, but the next visit, it's easy as pie. Dr. Paz is knowledgeable, asks good questions and shows concern for my health.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2014 | flag

A friendly disposition and relaxed manner, Dr Paz provides a willingness to listen and lighthearted approach to family practice. If you are looking for someone that will not micromanage your care and blends well with an active lifestyle, I would highly recommend her.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2013 | flag

Knowledgeable,friendly, helpful and a wonderful addition to this practice that we have been going to for years.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2013 | flag

Did not return phone calls, did not respond to patient with severe pain; office staff unprofessional and also unresponsive to patient. Recommendations for care were inconsistent with previous recommendations made by other practitioners and did not address patient issues.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2012 | flag