Rate Dr. Ivana Paz

Dr. Ivana Paz's Ratings

By far the absolute rudest doctor I have ever been to. I'm stunned they have someone as careless, unprofessional and unknowledgable as her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

This visit was a waste of my time and a copay. I went in for a sinus infection and back pain. I'm 38 years old and not a stranger to sinus infections - at this point in my life, I know the difference between a cold and a sinus infection, especially when my cold won't go away after 2.5 weeks. Dr Paz totally dismissed my symptoms, suggested I drink tea with organic honey. She suggested it might just be allergies and when I told her I visited my allergist last week and I don't have seasonal allergies that are present at this time of year, she said "allergy tests don't show what we're actually allergic to". She then went on to tell me how she'd done experiments on herself that had shown that colds go away from time more than antibiotics. She finally begrudgingly prescribed antibiotics, but then said "don't call me if you get a yeast infection" when I mentioned that I'm prone to them.

I also came in for back pain - muscle pain, but severe enough that I couldn't move my back without substantial pain. She completely brushed this off, and suggested that I go for a run. Again, she told me that she experimented on herself and found that running cured all pain. She also asked if I had a history of depression, insinuating that I was making the whole thing up because I was depressed.

Frankly, I'm amazed that CMP has a doctor of this low quality on staff. She doesn't even know the current scientific recommendations and is pushing off pseudoscience as actual medicine. She needs to have her license revoked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Beautiful, rude, arrogant, very argumentative, and insulting. Did not wish to hear medical history, previous treatments or current complications. Very defensive. Curled her lip and made faces at me! Insinuated I was lying - as if I couldn't possibly know my own medical issues. I have a very high IQ + extensive education. She assumed I was an idiot. I had to argue for treatment! Googled her. She was not board certified, graduated from a less than stellar Caribbean med school (not accredited by the US) and did a rotation in a low rated hospital in York. Knowledgeable and friendly? Not when I saw her.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2536033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

I went to Dr. Paz looking for a new general doctor, and I have been going to the overall company for years. She pretty much treated me like an idiot. She decided to harp on some extra weight I put on, inform me how easy it was for her to lose extra weight when she had to, and tried to hustle out while I was trying to bring up other issues. I had to almost drag her back in the room to ask her about other problems that she just brushed off. When my blood work came back I never got a call, had to call her, and was told basic information, nothing detailed (nothing more than what is emailed to you), and the information came from a nurse and not the Dr herself. It never gave me a chance to ask about some questionable data, and she spewed out textbook generic suggestions. I was told bluntly over the phone to eat less and exercise ( I track my calories and exercise heavily 4-5 days a week, all of which was discussed). If you just need someone with a valid signature, go to her, other wise find someone else. Also it is impossible to get through to a receptionist without at least a 5 minute hold period.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2533405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

This woman was HORRID. I went in to document back pain for a breast reduction and she berated me, accused me of being a drug-seeking addict, lectured me on the dangers of abusing narcotics, called me lazy for not having a local gym membership, interrogated me about "What I'm really getting at" when I complained of worsening back pain, AND belittled me regarding my breast size and scoffed when I told her what bra size I wear. I left sobbing. She said she wouldn't prescribe muscle relaxants and instead would give me Naprosyn...instead she gave me 8x as much of the muscle relaxant (which she accused me of being addicted to), and even after calling 4 times regarding the Naprosyn, she still refuses to call it in. She's judgmental, and I even had to remind her that the muscle relaxant is NOT an NSAID and therefore wouldn't interact with the Naprosyn. Rude, judgmental, and incompetent to boot.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2191879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Will NoT be going back. Do not care for her tone or her rude comments. Does not listen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][35243].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2014

I recently switched to this practice and the staff have been very friendly. They just implemented a new check-in system, which is initially burdensome, but the next visit, it's easy as pie. Dr. Paz is knowledgeable, asks good questions and shows concern for my health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][35244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2014

A friendly disposition and relaxed manner, Dr Paz provides a willingness to listen and lighthearted approach to family practice. If you are looking for someone that will not micromanage your care and blends well with an active lifestyle, I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][35242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2013

Knowledgeable,friendly, helpful and a wonderful addition to this practice that we have been going to for years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][35241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

Did not return phone calls, did not respond to patient with severe pain; office staff unprofessional and also unresponsive to patient. Recommendations for care were inconsistent with previous recommendations made by other practitioners and did not address patient issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][35240].votes_count ]]