Dr. Yolanda Kirkham

5 1 3.6

You may also like

Rate Dr. Yolanda Kirkham

Dr. Yolanda Kirkham's Ratings

I saw Dr. Kirkham a few times in the past and had a high opinion of her and her attitude. Unfortunately all this fell apart at my last visit. For months before I got pregnant, Dr. Kirkham flagged to me that I have a condition that would (not could) put me at higher risk throughout a pregnancy. This was part of the reason I chose her for my prenatal care - because she was familiar with my history and would be able to monitor me for any potential complications. On my first prenatal visit, she breezed through everything and didn't mention the very risks she had previously flagged prior to pregnancy. I raised the topic and it was like talking to a different person - she turned around and said she wasn't worried and would do nothing to monitor me or answer any additional questions/ concerns that I had around my condition. Further, I had a list of questions which again, she breezed through without taking any time to think about what I was asking and to each she answered "I'm not worried about that". Being new to how the system works in Ontario I asked her if she could help me if I wanted to deliver in a (better) hospital that would be way closer to our home, having moved since I last saw Dr. Kirkham. She proceeded to pout and became very defensive, saying that if we would have told her about wanting a different hospital earlier, she never would have spent "all this time" with us - the duration of our appointment was 5 minutes and she was an hour late seeing us. I've since switched prenatal care because her attitude and totally conflicting opinion on the potential seriousness of my condition has left me with little respect for her intention towards her patients as well as her credibility. She also charges $20 in cash only for her doctors notes which is strange.

The only redeeming feature of this clinic is the receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2847718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr Kirkham is very kind and knowledgable. She answers questions with sincerity and empathy and respects treatment options.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

I met this doctor as a referral from my retiring gyne Dr Yung. First off she misdiagnosed me with a prolapsing fibroid before even examining me!! and put me on some experimental medication called fibristal which caused me to hemmorage and landed me in the ER. She then admitted she has no OR time available and referred me to another Gyne for follow up and removal of said Fibroid. She does not answer questions in a straightforward manner and makes the patient feel inferior and not worthy of knowing the full results of their tests. She's got some good reviews on here but anyone can deliver a baby that's not rocket science (I've had several at home) look elsewhere if you want to be taken seriously and be given HONEST advice and not treated like a Guinea pig.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2685276].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

I met Dr. Kirkham this week for the first time. I had been dealing with some ongoing health issues and many other doctors have been unable to provide me with information or a definite diagnosis and treatment options. She was incredibly thorough in explaining my condition and treatment options. She answered all of my questions, gave me additional pamphlets/info and was very knowledgeable and personable. She seemed like she genuinely cared about my well-being and didn't rush me or brush off my concerns. Definitely would recommend. The nurses and other staff were also very friendly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2611270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

I just saw Dr. Kirkham for the first time the other day, and I just felt so happy/grateful after the consultation that I met (and now have) a doctor like her! She was so compassionate/attentive/personable/reassuring...I felt like she genuinely cared! You can tell she loves what she does. She was also very knowledgable and was able to answer all of my questions. She was patient and I never felt rushed. The staff was also very sweet! I felt so comfortable...highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

Dr. Kirkham is wonderful. She was immediately able to diagnose and offer treatment for my endometriosis that my GP had been dismissing for 18 months. She is very friendly, knowledgeable, and unjudgemental, and made me feel truly at ease.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2191950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I was not really impressed with her and won't go back. She had someone else take my history and so was unaware that there were reasons why I couldn't just take some naproxen for my pain. I had to reexplain and she wasn't so interested. I understand that its a teaching hospital, but she still needs to know the history. If I could just take some naproxen, I would not come to a specialist, trust me. Her clinical skills might be good, I don't know. But she wasn't interested in the details and the details make all the difference.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][35591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

Very Abrupt and rude - did not listen to what I had to say and did not want to discuss my history - kept trying to give me birth control which i told her does not work as i have tried it before. Just not helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][35590].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Great lady , i dont think i ve ever met a doctor that nice and full of knowledge before, i recommend her to everyone (:!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][35589].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2013

a dream for surgery. was on time, and finished it earlier than expected. felt really good after, as she promised me pain wouldnt need more than advil. spoke with my accompanied driver re:results. highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][35588].votes_count ]]