Dawn Ammirata

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 14/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dawn Ammirata has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers

Nurse Practitioner-related: physical exams, physicals, diagnostic tests, diagnosis, prescriptions
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2825726

30/08/13 1 1 1 1 Let me just say that I have never ever dealt with such an unprofessional, rude and pompous person in my entire life. Having the same position in the same field Dawn was rude to me at my last visit. Outright accused me of lying and was so unprofessional that I will never ever deal with her again. On many occasions she disregarded my input and I felt as I was being interrogated and was very uncomfortable. Being that I have been a patient there for 11 years and soon to be a third baby through this facility I will make sure I speak to Dr Domnitz and Dr Newman about her unacceptable behavior. I will never deal with her again and if I have to I will switch practices. Stay away from this arrogant person.
See Responses
RID: 2669470
03/06/13 4 4 2 3 AWH docs no longer bring the file in with them: they have a little notecard that they use to update files even during annual; the issue with this of course is that you find yourself having to remind them of things they should be aware of; this creates inconsistency. I also did not like that during my annual I requested scripts for OTC meds (per IRS FSA guidelines) and although she did it, Dawn huffed about it and the fact that I requested testing (like I do every year btw; she did not know because she didnt have my chart.)
Paid (or co-pay): $60
RID: 2617925
15/04/13 5 5 5 5 LOVE her! I went in because I was nervous about an issue with my pregnancy. She was so helpful and didn't make me feel like any of my questions were stupid or annoying (even though I felt like I might have been over reacting). She made me feel so at ease. She talked to me like I have been a patient of hers for years and years and I've only seen her twice! Personable, smart, and a sense of humor which I think is super important in a health care provider. Highly recommend!  Respond
RID: 2607920
04/04/13 5 5 5 5 She is extremely nice and plesannt. She is funny and shpend time with you. She naswer all of my questions. She is not in a rush ith your visit or to get out the door to see another patient. I have been seeing her for a few years and I absolutely love her. I would definately reccommend her.
RID: 2605601
02/04/13 5 5 5 5 Very helpful and comforting and took her time to answer all my questions
RID: 2599647
25/03/13 5 5 5 5 Makes you feel very comfortable. Talks to you as if you're the only patient on her schedule. Spends time discussing concerns. She is easy to relate to and knowledgeable about her profession.
RID: 2503967
17/12/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ammirata makes you feel very relaxed. She is very easy to talk to as well as being very thorough. A women you can relate to.  Respond
RID: 2497271
11/12/12 5 5 5 5 I am Dawn’s patient for more than 10 years now. And even I have relocated from Wayne, I am still coming to see her. She listens, gives you her full attention and the best advise/or treatment. Dawn is dedicated and professional. She has great personality and makes you comfortable. I would have no problem recommending her as a great doctor.
RID: 2486499
30/11/12 5 5 5 5 Environment is pleasant and staff are friendly as well as professional. Dawn Ammirata listens to my concerns, provides a caring and thorough exam, and ends with just the right amount of advice. I think it's about 10 years I've been her patient and I've referred my family and friends to her and this practice.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2485591
29/11/12 5 3 5 5 I have been seeing Dawn for years now. Dawn has a wonderful disposition, very helpful & knowledgeable, takes the time to really to get to know you. Her assistant Melissa, wonderful!
RID: 2472607
12/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dawn is SO super nice and friendly. She made me feel extremely comfortable, and she was very efficient!!!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2456303
24/10/12 5 5 5 5 Excellent service, very comfortable to talk to you regarding all issues.  Respond
RID: 2455171
23/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dawn is friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I feel comfortable discussing things with her, and I appreciate her concern for all aspects of my health.  Respond
RID: 2451688
19/10/12 5 5 5 5 I haven't been to the OB/GYN in a while because it's a very uncomfortable experience, however Dawn made me feel so comfortable that i didn't even feel like i was getting a check up. I will definitely be back next year for my next appointment.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 2437201
02/10/12 5 5 5 5 Very professional and discreet. DawnAnn is very comfortable to be with and very respectful. I highly recommend her to any girl/woman for ob/gyn healthcare.
RID: 2429121
19/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dawn is personable and so very easy to talk to about ANYTHING!! She is gentle and kind during exams, and she made me feel very comfortable.
RID: 2422187
11/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dawn is the best! She makes you feel very comfortable and explains everything to you. She is always upbeat and friendly. I don't dread going to the gyno because of awesome doctors like Dawn!
RID: 2412745
28/08/12 5 2 5 5 Dawn is always upbeat and conversational, which helps to put me at ease. I have been going to her since I was 19 and I recommend her for anyone who is afraid of going to the gyno or who may be going for the first time.
RID: 2407962
22/08/12 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient for almost 10 years and, have no complaints. Great patient service!!
RID: 2401927
15/08/12 5 5 5 5 Extremely nice and very easy to talk to. Very knowledgeable and understanding
RID: 2388217
30/07/12 5 4 5 5 Very friendly and easy to talk to. She makes you feel very comfortable.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 2385427
26/07/12 5 4 5 5 I'm not a fan of doctors to begin with, but I love Dawn Ann. She's extremely personable and has no problems getting right to the nitty gritty. Any concerns I've ever had, I had no problem coming right out and telling her and asking questions. She's always up front and honest with her answers and won't sugar coat it which is what I love most about her.
RID: 2375959
17/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dawn is absolutely fantastic. She answers all questions totally honestly and doesn't hold back. Every time I leave I am in a better mood than when I got there because she just has an ability to make you smile. I am very very squirmy and hate to be touched but she makes you feel extremely comfortable and as I said will answer any and all questions no matter how "odd" they may seem. I highly recommend her for younger patients who are night quite comfortable going to the OB yet! Always on time and i'm in and out quickly, however she doesn't rush you out she will take as much time as you need.
Paid (or co-pay): $25