Dr. Richard A. Michaelson

Grad. Year: 1976

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Richard A. Michaelson has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5173320
11/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Richard Michaelson and his staff are first class. Taking time to explain items and making one feel really worthwhile. Great physician
RID: 3647854
04/01/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Michaelson is compassionate, understanding, professional and knowledgable. My first consultation with him was scheduled at 3 pm on a Friday in July and He spent over 2 1/2 hours with me, explaining things, answering questions and making sure I was comfortable with his recommendations. Chemo was no picnic, but he made it tolerable. His staff was wonderful as well. Two years after finishing chemo, I still see him since I am on medications and he continues to be the best doctor I have ever met.
RID: 3633669
17/12/13 5 5 5 5 Absolutely love him.......nobody could ask for a kinder,more compassionate doctor to have on your side. I absolutely believe that I am alive today due to his dilligent care .I feel as though I'm one of the luckiest women to have found him.
RID: 2810506

24/08/13 3 1 1 1 Won't do "second" opinions, won't treat stage iv breast cancer so a woman can stay in her home. Seems to take on patients who only have some financial or other connection. 1st time around, had woman buy a home to be treated by him, then refused to take care of hrr after the closing. Cancer spread because chemo couldn't be given on schedule because of distances to travel for it. At stage 4, he still holds grudge, so patient has to go over an hour away for treatment. Don't be fooled by reviews, not all breast cancer patients get fair and equal treatment at St. Barnabas.  Respond
RID: 2691112
21/06/13 5 5 5 5 Really great doctor and a really nice person. I did not need chemo - I see him twice a year because of medication. Very well informed; takes his time and open to discussing any concerns that you may have. Down to earth. Highly recommend.
RID: 2454891
23/10/12 5 5 5 5 I had to wait about a month for an appointment but it was well worth the wait. I was totally disgusted with another oncology office and had to make a move. Dr. Michaelson is compassionate, caring and understanding. I was amazed on how brilliant he is and how he treated me like an individual. When he wanted clarity on one of my lab reports, he actually called the lab while I was there. I never felt rushed and he took the time to explain everything and my options. If I didn't understand, he was patient to explain it again. I only waited about 10 minutes and could not believe how apologetic he was. He treated me like an individual and not a number like I felt at the other oncologist office in Morristown. I highly recommend him.  Respond
RID: 2213375
07/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Michaelson is amazing! Resourceful, caring, and on top of all latest research. Once in a while you may have to wait, but considering the time and care he provides each patient-it's worth it!
RID: 1495250
25/07/11 5 4 5 5 I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Michaelson and his staff. His compassionate care saw me through chemotheraphy and all my post-treatment visits. I continue to see him fir follow-up visits and count myself truly blessed to have him as my doctor. He sets a new standard for medical professionals--always taking time to discuss and resolve any health issues or concerns you may have. There are few doctors who are more caring than Dr. Michaelson. I would follow him to the ends of the earth.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1467416
18/06/11 5 5 5 5 Love love love him...smart, kind, just wonderful doctor and person. A blessing to my parents and myself when my mom was going through breast cancer treatments. The best dr ever!  Respond
RID: 1247944
10/09/10 5 5 5 5 this dr so caring and explains everything so you can understand what is happening to you.its 7 years for me ,Be positive .This dr listens to you and you are not just a number.I was so blessed to have him taking care of me
RID: 1015129
21/10/09 5 4 5 5 The best doctor period. Warm, empathetic, very knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. Will call you back if you have questions. The staff here is fantastic also; very friendly and caring. This is the place to go and he is the one to use if you have cancer.  Respond
RID: 791903
17/02/09 5 3 5 5 Great doctor who really spends the time with you. The entire staff there is wonderful. I am going thru cancer, and I am so happy I picked him and St. Barnabas to help me thru this time. He never makes you feel like you are bothering him. He truly understands, that this is a stressful time, and he tries to help you as much as he can. The nurses are angels.
RID: 723158
15/11/08 5 5 5 5 if anyone needed an oncologist this is the dr to see caring treats you like a person excellent staff always ontime and truley cares about his patients.i have gone through chemo i would recomend this dr to everyone who needs a great dr
RID: 704235
17/10/08 5 5 5 5 Fantastic, extremely knowledgeable, If he was the model for all physicians it would be fantastic  Respond