Dr. Amy A. Vaughan

Grad. Year: 1992

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Amy A. Vaughan has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Hair loss issues anyone?    Email me    Answer it

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

17/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.1
RID: 2749074
03/08/13 3 2 3 4 Dr. Vaughn endorses anti-aging skin care products from Neocutis that uses embryonic stem cells from an aborted baby. Just wanted everyone to know that. I'll take natural anti-aging products over murder any day!  Respond
RID: 2620052
17/04/13 4 1 4 5 The wait is annoying, but if you go in realizing it will be a 2 hour event, it makes it tolerable. Take a book or your IPad!
Respond

23/11/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

18/04/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1104360
12/02/10 4 1 4 4 Dr. Vaughan and her staff are terrific - they just need to get that scheduling of appointments mastered. Anticipate a long wait - but it is worth it!  Respond
RID: 955588
05/08/09 5 1 5 5 Amy has been our family dermatologist for over ten years and she is the best doctor we have ever had. Friendly, absolutely the best for cosmetic procedures, acne, and all skin problems. She is worth the wait. She gives free samples if she has them. Her P.A. Ashley is great too.
RID: 827434
12/03/09 5 3 5 5 I HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH DR. VAUGHAN. HER NURSES WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND KIND. I BELIEVE SHE IS WORTH THE WAIT. SHE DID MY PROCEDURE IN THE SAME DAY IN DIDN'T MAKE ME COME BACK FOR ANOTHER APPOINMENT. MOST DERMATOLOGISTS DO NOT DO THIS. I UNDERSTOOD THAT SHE PROBABLY DOES THIS A LOT FOR THE REST OF HER PATIENT'S AND THAT IS WHY HER WAIT IT SO LONG. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HER. SHE WAS GREAT.
RID: 747802
21/12/08 5 3 5 5 I love Dr. Vaughn. I have been going to her for nearly 12 years. I have seen her for surgery, cosmetic as well as clinical. She is the only dermatologist that I will go to. I have had several moles removed by her, laser, botox, fillers, and treatment for mild acne and keratosis pilaris. She is extremly knowledgeable, she using the most up to date procedures and medicines. Some of the RX she writes are so new, that my pharmacist has to special order. The scars from her surgery are only noticable up close, and she uses the up most care when performing her sugery.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 530291
04/03/08 1 1 1 1 The worst doctors office experience that I have ever had. Took over 2 hours to get in and out of office. Saw doctor for a total of 2 1/2 minutes. Never took a verbal family history despite skin cancer in the family -- why I was there! Rude front desk staff -- that I actually overheard talking badly about other patients waiting. A near coop took place in the lobby it took so long. Two people got up and left. I would have too -- had I known it would take another hour once I got to the room! I was wearing the paper cape (naked) for 1 hour in the middle of winter in a cold room. My feet were purple they were so cold by the time the doctor got there. VERY unimpressive bedside manor. No apologies by anyone in the staff -- they acted if I was lucky to be seen at all. Disgusting. I cancelled my scheduled surgery -- will find another qualified doctor with better attitude. Overall -- VERY UNIMPRESSED! The later medical billing error was the least of my complaints with the office!
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $110
RID: 317872
14/05/07 1 2 2 My son who is 3yrs old saw Dr. Vaughn for severe Psoriasis. She sent me home feeling hopeless, told me there was nothing other than topicals that could be used due to his age. The topicals did not work. Had to get second opinion with a Pediatric Dermatologist at UVA Childrens Hospital, and DR. Vaughn was wrong. His new Dermatologist had him cleared in two months with antibiotics and a oral medication called Soriatane. And her office staff were rude, we waited so long and when my son began to cry a receptionist came out and asked me if I could keep him quiet, the other patients could not hear her when she came out and called thier names! I will say Dr. Vaughn is very nice, but not a big help to my baby!  Respond
RID: 296675
24/04/07 3 5 5 You may have to wait a bit, but once you are seen, you are the only patient in the office. I can deal with that. Since the move to her own practice, I think the staffing situation has improved tremendously. My last couple of visits were smooth as silk, and since I was there for medical reasons, rather than cosmetic, that means a lot. The thing I like best about her is that she truly seems to care and to listen to your concerns. I would and do recommend her to others.
RID: 59354
27/11/06 3 5 5 I have been seeing Amy Vaughn for about 5 years, and she is a wonderful doctor in my opinion. She is very knowledgeable, and is eager to truly take care of you. Highly recommended by me.
RID: 51998
23/10/06 5 5 5 Excellent Dr. I feel like she saves my life each time I see her, and her office staff has always been nothing but great towards me.  Respond
RID: 45572
15/09/06 2 5 5 Dr. Vaughn is a great Dermatologist, I have been going to her since she started practicing with Dr. Y for cosmetic and clinical services. And im glad that she is getting ready to move into her own practice. I would totally reccommend her.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 38799
02/08/06 1 4 4 dr vaughn was very helpful, but in order to get to see her you have to wait in her office an average of 40 to 60 minutes after you appointment time. If you want to avoid this wait try to make an appointrment around 1pm it is right after lunch and you can get in alot quicker that way, with some wait still. I agree with all the other reviewers her receptionost is very rude
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 3622
07/12/04 4 4 5 Dr. Vaughn is great. She was a little behind schedule. Her office staff (not the nurses, just the receptionists) can be kind of rude.
RID: 3111
15/11/04 3 4 4 Dr. Vaughn is a good doctor, but some of her office staff are not that friendly.  Respond